FORUMS

[GUIDE] Flashing stock firmware using flash tool by androxyde

404 posts
Thanks Meter: 66

By davidhozic, Senior Member on 19th March 2019, 05:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This guide will teach you on how to flash using this tool in case you've bricked your device or simply want to update on a rooted phone. This procedure does not require your bootloader to be unlocked.

1. | We start by downloading the tool from it's official website located here:

http://www.flashtool.net/downloads.php

You now want to install it with the downloaded installer and also install the required drivers if you don't have them(located in C:/Flashtool/Drivers).

2.| After the install we open the flash tool and click on the xperifirm button to download the firmware for our selected model.

3.| We download the firmware that rmatches our model and download it.

4.| You should now close xperifirm and click yes when it asks you to add a flash script and if you want to add the firmware to the bundle.
5.| We connect our device in flash mode by holding down the volume - and plugging the cable to pc and phone.

6. | In The flashtool, we click on the flash button, select flashmode, select your phone and model and firmware you download and configure the options on the right. After click flash and wait till the procedure completes.

Here is a video if you prefer that form of a guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T6DkdpAdH4 (Let me know if this isn't ok with xda policies)

The Following User Says Thank You to davidhozic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davidhozic Ad-Free
19th March 2019, 05:08 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Credits go to
@Androxyde
8th April 2019, 06:04 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Doesnt work for me... In UK, tried to De-brand from O2 uk... even installed the fastboot Google drivers from Flashtool folder, which installed fine. Flashtool cant "see" the downloaded rom, even using browser

Anyone flashed using NewFlasher...
15th September 2019, 07:28 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I don't get asked if I want to create flash scripts and then when I want to flash the Flashtool says that it needs the flash script

EDIT: okay it seems that one can use an older flash script, see: github.com/Androxyde/Flashtool/issues/103
13th March 2020, 04:33 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOrchid

Doesnt work for me... In UK, tried to De-brand from O2 uk... even installed the fastboot Google drivers from Flashtool folder, which installed fine. Flashtool cant "see" the downloaded rom, even using browser

Anyone flashed using NewFlasher...

After one year and fully upgraded still doesn't work... Can someone tell me why? Thank you anticipated!
13th May 2020, 11:33 AM |#6  

More
The option to add to the bundle didn't come up once I downloaded the firmware.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
androxyde, flashtool, oreo, xperia, xperifirm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)