FORUMS

Disable AF in the FM radio app

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By fs87, Junior Member on 12th January 2020, 07:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm reaching out to signal a problem regarding the FM radio app on Xperia XA2. The AF (Alternative Frequency) function implemented into the app is constantly searching for a stronger signal for the tuned station and pauses the reception during these attempts. Because the tuner sensitivity is pretty low and therefore the reception quality not so great, these pauses occur very often, especially on the move. Most of the times AF can't even find a better signal and the tuner reverts back to the initial frequency, but the process restarts moments later. This is interrupting the reception to the point the radio becomes almost unusable.
Could someone please modify the source code of the FM radio apk in order to disable the AF function?
My phone’s model is H4113, running on latest stock ROM (Android 9) and rooted with Magisk. If someone figures it out, please upload the updated apk or highlight the modifications that have to be operated in the code.
Thank you in advance.
6th February 2020, 09:04 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So I found this video on youtube (Sony Xperia XA2 Review & Impressions - Using LineageOS 16) which shows a different FM radio app on a phone running LineageOS vs the app in the stock ROM. To anyone running this custom ROM, do you experience the same issue with FM radio? If not, please upload the apk here, maybe it'll work on the stock ROM too (at least it's worth a try).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)