[HMP/EAS] 8-12hr SOT Artisan governor tweaks

Search This thread

Toferay

Oct 14, 2012
Does your script work on AOSP based roms? I tried on Carbon Rom and it seemed to have no effect whatsoever. I tried both init.d and post-fs-data.d folders with the same result.

Did you check if CPU settings changed in, for example, kernel adiutor?

Really pleased with the refresh of 8SE, it's been on all week. Would estimate that I've gained maybe half an hour extra time, and have lower temperature than stock .8 firmware with modified qcom from GenomeX. Completely smooth even with heavy task switching.

Reactions: Smacksmack206
Working on ports this weekend with my laptop, I'll do the best I can to get y'all up to speed. So for all of y'all who's been waiting patiently I'm thinking of you.
As for the newest thing everyone should be excited about is
Deeznuts9-EAS is almost ready for release. This is infact godlike when my script is used with EAS. stay tuned

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170721-185628.jpg
    Screenshot_20170721-185628.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 158
@HatchetEgg @LHR @sam.foro @kotobodj @Juanchito16 @Alfon_alza @Kinjoanin
you guys have been wating for a little over a month for a port, here is a port based off 8-SE, i kept most target-loads and above speed delays the same from first test i shared with sam.
i did this mainly cuz it takes alot of patience to input new values in these tuneables and want to get at least started on some other ports. plus want yall to test this one first to see how it goes. posted the download here cause to be honest i sometimes forget to check the other thread so you'll get quicker response here

Download:
https://github.com/Smacksmack206/DEEZNUTS-Varients/blob/master/DeeznutsGalaxyS5plus.txt

you guys have been wating for a little over a month for a port, here is a port based off 8-SE, i kept most target-loads and above speed delays the same from first test i shared with sam.
i did this mainly cuz it takes alot of patience to input new values in these tuneables and want to get at least started on some other ports. plus want yall to test this one first to see how it goes. posted the download here cause to be honest i sometimes forget to check the other thread so you'll get quicker response here

Download:
https://github.com/Smacksmack206/DEEZNUTS-Varients/blob/master/DeeznutsGalaxyS5plus.txt

Reactions: sam.foro

cristixperia

Dec 9, 2016
Braila
@cristixperia

here you go, took me awhile for me to have free time but here is update to that xperia Z2 port based off of 8-SE
i altered a few 8-SE CPU settings so let me know how it goes for you.

Download:
https://github.com/Smacksmack206/DEEZNUTS-Varients/blob/master/Deeznuts8SE-Z2port.txt
I don't know what you did but my phone is REALLY FAST now ;)
Battery drain is slightly faster but it worth :silly:
Probably this update is focused on performance not on battery life.
Thanks a lot man.:good: Appreciate your work.;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170723-120008.png
    Screenshot_20170723-120008.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot_20170723-120014.png
    Screenshot_20170723-120014.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 204
May 11, 2017
Google Pixel 6
Doesn't matter what kind of rom you use. Just trouble shoot it

Ok, i've managed to run the script and it certainly works because cpu frequencies are staying at 307MHz. However it gave me a bunch of errors at the end of log and battery still drains very fast. Hate to bother you but can you help me out with this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170723-211551.png
    Screenshot_20170723-211551.png
    207.1 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot_20170723-211639.png
    Screenshot_20170723-211639.png
    205.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot_20170723-211923.png
    Screenshot_20170723-211923.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 147
64 percent I'm 3½ hours is not bad and it's been said a million times that you can't expect the same sot that everyone else gets, why? Because we all use the phone different and manage userspace different, my script isn't gonna fix bad userspace but it will bridge the gap by having optimum settings so it's up to you to manage your device properly once you confirm script is working. Don't worry about those errors, I disabled core control lol that's custom values just in case some poor misguided soul decides to turn it back on

Last edited:
May 11, 2017
Google Pixel 6
64 percent I'm 3½ hours is not bad and it's been said a million times that you can't expect the same sot that everyone else gets
I'm not expecting the same sot, i'm expecting a better one. I had 18% per hour without the script and i was just browsing internet, not playing games or watching videos. But i get it, since the script is running properly, there is nothing I can do about it. Thank you for the reply.

sam.foro

Jun 26, 2010

Download:

A million thanks. Can I put your information in your xda thread, copy/paste you response?

Thanks in advance.

Got a couple more ports to work on this weekend, at the moment during the week I'm working on perfecting my EAS script that will be available for release soon. Here is some results on the new scheduler so far, really smooth as EAS will not allow for any slow performance, so what we are left with is fast, effective, and with DEEZNUTS9EAS even more efficient than stock EAS. STAY TUNED! ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170724-075321.png
    Screenshot_20170724-075321.png
    153.6 KB · Views: 174
T

Thanhtho96

Noob question:
I copy the file to magisk folder, do I still need init.d and busybox support?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS GOVERNOR HAS STANDED THE TEST OF TIME
    AND IS RELIABLE WITH SPEED AND BATTERY LIFE
    SOT IS AROUND 8-12 HRS REGULARLY BUT RESULTS MAY VARY BASED ON USAGE AND USERSPACE

Edit-
    In a short amount of time we accomplished a lot, 12hr to 14+ hr SOT runs without compromising performance thru being efficient (check OP and thread for screenshots).
    For best results I encourage everyone who wants to use this mod to make sure you install these files in the correct path with permissions, and those paths changes depending upon if you have init.d support thru system/etc/init.d or thru su.d or thru magisk/.core/post-fs-data.d (note: for magisk install you can only find correct path thru enabling show hidden files in ESBowser)
    Furthermore; I found that using Deeznuts with my modified init.sony.cpu_parameter.sh installed to be the best setup in terms of this mod but try it out and switch it up if need be, I appreciate everyone's time and gratitude.

Want to support my work? Please feel free to buy me a coffee
    https://PayPal.me/smacsmack206

NEWEST DEVELOPMENT:
    Working on a new DEEZNUTS that will work with EAS. I got a test version working with all the necessary coded trimmed
    And all applicable values still within the script.
    This is great for me, hope everyone is as excited as I am.
    S/O to _LLJY for making EAS on the XZ, a first of many.
    DISCLAIMER: (YOU CAN ONLY USE THESE ON A EAS ROM.
    https://xdaforums.com/xperia-xz/development/project-energy-aware-scheduler-xperia-xz-t3639515)

Alright I got a special release for y'all
    I updated DEEZNUTS9-EAS and releasing for the first time DEEZNUTS9-EAS_ULTRA.
    And for the first time these are TWRP flashable!!
    so no longer will you have to worry about install instructions, just flash and done.

DEEZNUTS9-EAS: Uses Energy aware scheduling SCHEDUTIL CPU governor with my custom algorithms, schedtune/Powerhal Vox configs, and applicable miscellaneous optimizations from DEEZNUTS9. Also contains special thermal config to increase stock throttling points for less throttling

DEEZNUTS9-EAS_ULTRA: Uses Energy aware scheduling PWRUTILX CPU governor with my custom algorithms, schedtune/Powerhal Vox configs, and applicable miscellaneous optimizations from DEEZNUTS9.
    Also contains special thermal config to increase stock throttling points for less throttling
    (NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY USE EAS_ULTRA IF THE YOU HAVE PWRUTILX AVAILABLE AS A GOVERNOR ALREADY ON EAS ROM, ONLY SOME VERSIONS HAVE THIS.)

Download:

DEEZNUTS9-EAS
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2bXgjj9jECcTEJYMkJMUi1fZzg/view?usp=drivesdk

DEEZNUTS9-EAS_ULTRA
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2bXgjj9jECcSGdGT1NtcUdtLXM/view?usp=drivesdk

*The Best Recommended EAS Version* = DEEZNUTS9-EAS_ULTRA

PORTS:
    By request i have been expanding my script and changing it to work on other SOC's and Devices, i'm currently working on a few devices port so the thread lately has been flooded with back and forth regarding this. if you want me to make a version of DEEZNUTS for your device, let me know in the thread and ill let you know what i need to get started, however i do not own the devices you will inquire about so know it wont ever be as good as my 12hr SOT Xperia XZ version.
    Going to start posting links to new threads I'll be creating for other devices here to the original, will work on creating more threads later on

Galaxy S5 DEEZNUTS Port thread :
    https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/development/artisan-interactive-governor-port-t3624316

DEEZNUTS7-SE PERFORMANCE SCREENRECORD:

*The Best Recommended HMP Version* = DEEZNUTS8-SE

DEEZNUTS8-SE Changelog:

Added Wifi sleeper
    Added Disable Fast dormancy
    Re-Introduced LMK with new values
    Added Kill GMS/Gapps
    Added Kill Common Services
    Added Network GMS Kill
    Added DEEZNUTSSecretSauce
    QuickBoot and changed Timer_rate
    More but forgotten most the stuff I did in the last week

These screenshots are from my test group members

This is the best version of DEEZNUTS yet highly advised to update to latest Special Edition 8

DOWNLOAD:
    https://github.com/Smacksmack206/Sony-Xperia-XZ/blob/master/DEEZNUTS8-SE

#Go_Team_Duality :cool:

SPECIAL THANKS TO @NYCHitman1 & @Alcolawl
    As they are the original creators of Drunksauce Governor on the Nexus 5X and also helped me with getting a port established for our Sony Xperia XZ (depreciated gov use deeznuts now)
    @_LLJY as he's my duality teamate, he's contributed lazyplug and adreno idler values
    In DEEZNUTS3, and I been using them ever since,
    He even baked an edit of DEEZNUTS in his rom :good:
    And he just recently contributed Hi Performance Audio DAC custom voltages in DEEZNUTS8

DOWNLOAD:
    Original DEEZNUTS w/ android version check included (depreciated)
    https://github.com/Smacksmack206/Sony-Xperia-XZ/blob/readme-edits/Deeznuts

DEEZNUTS
    -VERSION 2-
    Deeznuts is now on Version 2, cleaned up code better battery and performance

-VERSION 3 CHANGELOG-
    Recent update on DEEZNUTS a few weeks ago with the help of @_LLJY
    Adreno idler
    Lazyplug
    Added Pdesire's kernel values
    Added partial EAS Support
    Removed Overclocking for EAS
    Trimmed code improved execution speed by 50%

-DEEZNUTS (XZ version 4) CHANGELOG -
    Reconfigured thermal settings to values I'm using currently on my device, I've noticed frequencies are more stable and heavy loads speeds have improved.

Also re-added GPU values and changed to simple_ondemand
    And added lines of code to remove InputBoost
    Coming in next update: I'll be re-adding Android version check to auto apply best settings like in original Deeznuts before version 3

-DEEZNUTS (XZ version 4.a) CHANGELOG -
    Spent a couple hours while I had free time at work testing new target loads and above speed delays while using a frequency overlay opening apps and doing my usual task and executing my script thru EXKM to retest without rebooting to achieve a greater efficiency without compromising performance, Snapchat now opens and runs smoother than ever, idle is better than ever staying at 307mhz like how I wanted. Scrolling is at I would believe a more optimal freq but probably nominal. It's a great feeling having your phone run the way you want

-DEEZNUTS (XZ version 5) CHANGELOG -
    Updated above speed delays
    Most of the same settings I updated a few days ago from DEEZNUTS 4.D
    Reintroduced Android Version Checker

Deeznuts 6 &-SE to Deeznuts7-SE major update Changelog:
    Changed sampling time, timer rate, above speed delay, targetloads to have increased performance and responsiveness
    All thermals disabled to fix charging stutters
    Added GPU command for setting new max frequency
    GPU running at 560 as of deeznuts7
    Added Memory read ahead commands to 2048 kb
    FS-Trim for data system and cache
    G-Services fix
    Licenced GNU GPL
    Updated memory values added a few new ones
    Disabled all system wakelocks
    Added new HMP scheduler values while keeping code to send more jobs to big cluster
    New ZRAM ramdisk config
    Changed Go_hispeed_loads on big/litle cluster for better scaling
    Uncapped all freqencies on big/little cluster for full power

Download:
    https://github.com/Smacksmack206/Sony-Xperia-XZ/blob/master/DEEZNUTS7-SE

DEEZNUTS 7-SE TO DEEZNUTS8 CHANGELOG
    *Lowered scaling while keeping performance from 7-SE*

*Entropy values added*
    -write_wakeup_threshold
    -Read_wakeup_threshold

*Disabled additional wakelock*
    -pwr_dbg

*Low Power Modes for little/big
    (cpu0-cpu3)*
    lpm_levels/system/pwr/cpu0/fpc-def/idle_enabled
    lpm_levels/parameters/sleep_disabled
    lpm_levels/parameters/sleep_disabled
    *Turn off L2 GDHS (LowPowerMode)*
    gdhs/idle_enabled

*Enable dynamic memory bus latency
    mem_latency = soc:qcom,memlat-cpu2/governor
    soc:qcom,memlat-cpu2/polling_interval
    Cpu-freq = soc:qcom,mincpubw/governor

* Enabled Hi performance audio thru DAC *
    Added @_LLJY New voltage values for improving power consumption using high performance audio

DOWNLOAD:
    https://github.com/Smacksmack206/Sony-Xperia-XZ/blob/master/DEEZNUTS8

Definitely worth the update is it better than your favorite Version of DEEZNUTS so far? You decide

DOWNLOAD FROM GITHUB TUTORIAL:
    USING SAVE AS FROM RAW TAB, WHICH IS NEXT TO BLAME TAB AND HISTORY TAB

INSTALLATION FOR NOUGAT USERS / NON MAGISK USERS:

1. ENABLE INIT.D SUPPORT

(Thanks to @Ryuinferno work you can use this app to quickly enable init.d support for your phone with root.
    PS: Visit his thread to download his app and leave a thanks if his work helped)

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1933849

2. NAVIGATE TO SYSTEM/ETC/INIT.D
    PLACE DEEZNUTS SCRIPT IN FOLDER

***CHECK IF SCRIPT HAS A TXT FILE EXTENSION AND REMOVE .TXT BY RENAMING FILE***

3. SET PERMISSIONS TO 777 (RWX-RWX-RWX)

4. REBOOT and your done :good:
    Well I'm sure this can go over the SOT I had in the title of this post, but here is some results I've collected over the weeks of testing and porting this Governor.
    The best I got so far is around 12hrs SOT which isn't surprising given the fact OnePlus3/3T has a Governor said to hit up to 14 hrs and we use the same chipset SD820 as you know. And HTC 10 also has similar Governors getting great results as well.
    Let me know if you tried this how it goes for you cuz I'm sure results will vary for everyone.
    ***EDIT***
    I Will be working on making this more Streamlined so there's better results across the board. my next Commit ill be making over the next course of days will have a better version that will give you that same battery life with more performance. Stay Toned.:good:
    Got a couple more ports to work on this weekend, at the moment during the week I'm working on perfecting my EAS script that will be available for release soon. Here is some results on the new scheduler so far, really smooth as EAS will not allow for any slow performance, so what we are left with is fast, effective, and with DEEZNUTS9EAS even more efficient than stock EAS. STAY TUNED! ?
    Alright I got a special release for y'all

I updated DEEZNUTS9-EAS and releasing for the first time DEEZNUTS9-EAS_ULTRA.
    And for the first time these are TWRP flashable!!
    so no longer will you have to worry about install instructions, just flash and done.

DEEZNUTS9-EAS: Uses Energy aware scheduling SCHEDUTIL CPU governor with my custom algorithms, schedtune/Powerhal Vox configs, and applicable miscellaneous optimizations from DEEZNUTS9. Also contains special thermal config to increase stock throttling points for less throttling

DEEZNUTS9-EAS_ULTRA: Uses Energy aware scheduling PWRUTILX CPU governor with my custom algorithms, schedtune/Powerhal Vox configs, and applicable miscellaneous optimizations from DEEZNUTS9.
    Also contains special thermal config to increase stock throttling points for less throttling

Download:

DEEZNUTS9-EAS
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2bXgjj9jECcSGFiMzZBYmszWTA

DEEZNUTS9-EAS_ULTRA
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2bXgjj9jECcLTZVUnh2VkxobzA

-Edit-
    double check permisions if you used my zips i forgot to check permissions on top of forgetting to add the magisk directory so redownload if you downloaded within the 2 hours of me making this post.
    Alright guys it's almost the weekend so im gonna be working on ports. Also I since my bro got the first EAS OEM ROM port working on our XZ, I'm making a EAS compatable version of DEEZNUTS. Im back to using Android Nougat on latest duality so I'll be able to assist y'all N users more now. So cool shyt awaits us all ?