[DISCONTINUED] [XZ][F8331/2] AOSP Android 10 builds

Search This thread

MiguelMcCloud

Jan 26, 2020
The repair DPS is mandatory ?, I did all the steps but I think I skipped that one, now the phone works correctly but when starting it marks an error warning. (Android system An internal problem has occurred in the device. Contact the manufacturer for more information. To accept) ;I would miss doing that?:silly:

hihiman1

Aug 13, 2012
bootloop after edxposed

Hi,
is there a way to install riru core & edxposed framework ??
I always end up in a bootloop - no chance :(

HiHiMan

hihiman1

Aug 13, 2012
What are you trying to tell me by posting this link?
I tried the latest versions of magisk-riru-core (19.6) and magisk-Edxposed-YAHFA (0.4.6.0b)
The thread you are refering to is about gravitybox and not xposed framework...

Anyway
This procedure assumes you have working Magisk installation.
1) Install Riru and EdXposed modules using Magisk Manager
2) Install EdXposed Manager app
3) Reboot and open EdXposed Manager app to check if EdXposed works and is active

-> bootloop

pawwaap

Dec 4, 2016
Riru core doesn't want to work on XperiaZ, maybe it is something in FW binaries.
Tried it hard many times on Android 8, the same issue with bootloops.
(However in Android 7 normal XposedFramework works well)

So far there is ThaiChi on my Android8 and it works perfectly, supporting most of Xposed modules.

You may try it too in Android 10.
I know, ThaiChi is closed source so the Community doesen't recommend it, but after over a year of regular using it I can honestly say it has provided the full enjoyment of modules most people like most: GravityBox, XposeEdge, Amplify, Greenify, lataclysm, CorePatch and so on

XperiaXZ F8331, newest stock Oreo (unlockedBL), TaiChi modules like Xedge

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Anyway, where is dev? ;) The last update has been uploaded here in October.
Probabely the ROM still needs refinement, how do think? ;)

Klaus N.

Oct 14, 2012
Nuremberg
What are you trying to tell me by posting this link?
I tried the latest versions of magisk-riru-core (19.6) and magisk-Edxposed-YAHFA (0.4.6.0b)
The thread you are refering to is about gravitybox and not xposed framework...

Anyway
This procedure assumes you have working Magisk installation.
1) Install Riru and EdXposed modules using Magisk Manager
2) Install EdXposed Manager app
3) Reboot and open EdXposed Manager app to check if EdXposed works and is active

-> bootloop

I guess this might help getting EdXposed working :D
Only tested on my XZ2, but it should also work with the XZ running AOSP10 - please let me know! :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

pawwaap

Dec 4, 2016
So if it is working well it is great news indeed! :)

So how do you find this ROM, is it mature enough to switch to it (from little tuned stock) as a daily driver?
How about overall stability, may I rely on it in professional situations?
And also camera quality etc?

jayloofah

Apr 30, 2018
Hi, just curious if anyone has tried MicroG with Android 10? And also if they find 10 to be more stable over Pie (or other custom roms?)

I'm thinking of buying a used XZ.

petterros

Sep 19, 2013
Dual sim patch is not working on treble roms!
Reflash stock & try again

Hi, is there any working solution for getting the dual sim to work? What do you mean by "Reflash stock & try again"? Can repeating the same operations bring the different results?
I have also tried the dual sim patcher v4, but it causes my phone to bootloop.

J.M.Siyath

Jul 22, 2015
Trincomalee
Sony Xperia SP
Sony Xperia Z2
Hi, is there any working solution for getting the dual sim to work? What do you mean by "Reflash stock & try again"? Can repeating the same operations bring the different results?
I have also tried the dual sim patcher v4, but it causes my phone to bootloop.

V4patch works only on regular TWRP!

1. Flash twrp (regular not vendor version)
2. Flash v4Patch.zip

TWRP : Link
Dual Sim Patch : Link

drater2

Nov 22, 2018
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Yeah. Same here, I really hope the Xperia xz is good value for the money. Also, she question, suitable as a daily?
I think you are better off buying the successor XZ1 as it'll propably not be that much more on places like ebay
I made the mistake of buying the XZ and as you can see it doesn't have official treble support and there's not much development going on anymore altough I'm very thankful to OP of course for providing us with these awesome tools otherwise the device wouldn't be usable for me at all
grüße

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
I think you are better off buying the successor XZ1 as it'll propably not be that much more on places like ebay
I made the mistake of buying the XZ and as you can see it doesn't have official treble support and there's not much development going on anymore altough I'm very thankful to OP of course for providing us with these awesome tools otherwise the device wouldn't be usable for me at all
grüße
So xperia XZ1 has official treble? I will look into it, As it makes custom Roms so much More compatible

drater2

Nov 22, 2018
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
So xperia XZ1 has official treble? I will look into it, As it makes custom Roms so much More compatible
you might also wanna look into the xz2 but it has round edges, no beautiful bezels and it also doesn't have a front speaker as far as I'm concerned
other than that it still has a headphone jack and micro sd slot

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

I installed the rom with the provided recovery but unfortunately it prompts me to type in an encryption password
when giving a wrong one it says I have to reset my phone
I didn't flash gapps and I think it may be related to that :confused:

elm_bacchus

Mar 10, 2020
you might also wanna look into the xz2 but it has round edges, no beautiful bezels and it also doesn't have a front speaker as far as I'm concerned
other than that it still has a headphone jack and micro sd slot

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

I installed the rom with the provided recovery but unfortunately it prompts me to type in an encryption password
when giving a wrong one it says I have to reset my phone
I didn't flash gapps and I think it may be related to that :confused:
0. Backup all your stuff.
1. in the twrp ---> wipe-->format (yes).
2. Copy zip rom in sd and flash.
3. Restart phone after that power off ---> get in twrp and flash gapps--> pico or etc..
4. Restart phone.

elm_bacchus

Mar 10, 2020
well, thanks for the reply
problem is I don't want to use gapps... is there a way to remove all google elements afterwards?

when you install zip rom that is plain vanilla AOSP! you wont see even googleplay to install apps. that is why you will have to install pico gapps to able to install apps.!
if you dont want to install gapps it is ok. You can still use your phone.
Maybe I miss something :) .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [DISCONTINUED] Builds at sx.ix5.org in the aosp-10 directory.

Changelog here: https://sx.ix5.org/changelog.html

Install guide: Flashing AOSP on Xperia XZ

You still need the "Pie" Software Binaries version 9. Do not use the Android 10/Kernel 4.14 images.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Xperia XZ AOSP Android 10 builds, ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ

Contributors
    local__hero
    Source Code: https://git.ix5.org/felix/local-manifests-ix5/src/branch/ix5-customizations-10

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest stock .184 / .192
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Nightly

Created 2019-10-20
    Last Updated 2019-10-20
    Download gapps from this link: https://www.cyanogenmods.org/downloads/pico-opengapps-for-android-10-arm64/
    Instructions to install gapps:
    1-Flash rom zip and magisk (optional)
    2-Boot the device once (yes don't flash gapps on first boot because of a bug with android setup)
    3-After you boot the device once go back to the recovery. If you didn't flash magisk in last step your recovery will be overwriten by aosp recovery. If that happens just reflash twrp using fastboot.
    4-Flash gapps
    5-Boot the device now you will get error like "Android setup has stopped working". Just click more info and disable android setup from settings.
    6-Login to your google account by running play store and follow the simple steps.
    Android setup bug may get fixed in stable versions of gapps but for now install it like this.
    Same as Treble Pie GSI

Put Treble AOSP 10 ROM on sd and flash it (You have to flash the Pie OEM via fastboot like: (fastboot flash oem SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_9.0_2.3.2_v9_tone.img)

I'm sorry, but that's completely wrong. If you flash the Software Binaries to /oem again, your phone will not boot. The point of the treble builds is to use the /oem partition for /vendor files, with the Software Binaries already inside /vendor/odm.

So just flash the treble build and then some GSI on top of it in /system.

If you want to go back to regular AOSP builds, then you need to flash the Software Binaries again.

Also, please keep the treble discussion in the treble thread, else you might confuse people ;)
    How Hotspot thetring.?

WiFi hotspot (2.4GHz and 5 GHz bands) and USB tethering are working on my device.
    I guess this might help getting EdXposed working :D
    Only tested on my XZ2, but it should also work with the XZ running AOSP10 - please let me know! :fingers-crossed:
    Great - yes it works! :D