• Not sure

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No, it's worse

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

pijes

May 21, 2010
Thank you. I see in Kernel Adiutor's description that it requires root access. I wonder if it can still read frequencies and temperatures without root.

I'm also researching if this thermal mod could be applied to a stock Sony Xperia XZ; it's currently using Android 8.0.0 and is not rooted.

you can use an app called Simple System Monitor

Stoffl_

Jan 18, 2007
Yeah this mod isn't compatible with the Xperia X Performance.

Even after a clean flash, flashing the mod and wiping cache it'll immediately show the overheating popup message when starting the sony camera app.

I've attached an uninstaller script for Xperia X Performance if anyone needs it - replaces the thermal engine with the stock one from Oreo.

Last edited:
Reactions: korom42

Vylinx

May 21, 2018
Installed it w/ eXistenZ ROM

Hey guys, I installed the FSC v2 mod with eXistenZ ROM in it
So far this is the result using the phone in idle (with some apps are on that are not demanding like Play Store) and Moderate Usage (Like FB, Twitter, Instagram, and YT)
BQwmiaJ.png

vqifFxQ.png

korom42

Dec 28, 2012
New update 27/06/2018 | 4.0
Code:
- Reworked thermal engine from scratch for more reliability and better cooling
- Enabled 15 more temperature sensor in addition of "msm" and "emmc" this will improve sensing accuracy and cool down the cpu faster
- It's a magisk module in case you didn't notice so you can enable/disable it easily

zyxel25

Oct 27, 2011
Thanks, korom42.

I didn't realise this and would like to use it, but I haven't found a way to unlock my Xperia XZ's bootloader without losing DRM features, so at the moment I don't have Magisk.

you can still reflash your DRM(TA) if you backed it up before you unlock your bootloader, that's what I did.

RainfallWithin

Mar 25, 2018
Thanks, korom42.

I didn't realise this and would like to use it, but I haven't found a way to unlock my Xperia XZ's bootloader without losing DRM features, so at the moment I don't have Magisk.

you can still reflash your DRM(TA) if you backed it up before you unlock your bootloader, that's what I did.

That is possible for me to do, as I haven't unlocked the bootloader yet, because I want to be sure that I don't miss a crucial step like this. I've re-read the same guides over and over, but they assume prior knowledge, so I'm really not sure how to do it. Backing up the DRM and anything else that I can't get back afterwards is my priority.

zyxel25

Oct 27, 2011
That is possible for me to do, as I haven't unlocked the bootloader yet, because I want to be sure that I don't miss a crucial step like this. I've re-read the same guides over and over, but they assume prior knowledge, so I'm really not sure how to do it. Backing up the DRM and anything else that I can't get back afterwards is my priority.
yaah just study and research all first before doing anything to your device and it will give you additional knowledge which is useful if you want to customize your device ;)

Last edited:

zyxel25

Oct 27, 2011
Why is the fast charge not working with this mod? the charging current at max is 740mA only but when I turn the mod off in magisk manager then rebooted the fast charging is working I'm getting 2100mA.

korom42

Dec 28, 2012
Why is the fast charge not working with this mod? the charging current at max is 740mA only but when I turn the mod off in magisk manager then rebooted the fast charging is working I'm getting 2100mA.

this mod make games totally unplayable

Addressed and fixed those issues in v5 with noticable performance improvement
Benchmark results using FSC v5 + LXT 3.3 Butterfly profile

Attachments

• 0_Screenshot_20180706-180336.png
    0_Screenshot_20180706-180336.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 368
  • 0_Screenshot_20180706-173315.png
    0_Screenshot_20180706-173315.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 358
  • 0_Screenshot_20180706-173321.png
    0_Screenshot_20180706-173321.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 357
  • 0_Screenshot_20180706-183614.png
    0_Screenshot_20180706-183614.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Reactions: zyxel25

lilbrat

Jun 13, 2011
Amman
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Nothing Phone 2
Nice work on V5.. Though I do have a bit of a glitch which I think is more on your LXT side as I gave the LXT Default a run yesterday and after letting it settle a bit and it worked fine but I would get a "double boot" it would boot to the Sony screen/boot animation that restart and all would be fine. I took out both "mods" rebooted my device 25 times no issues, did the same FSC no issues, LXT and I would get reboots off and on but will check more into it later, currently testing the Butterfly and so far so good.. No boot issues.
Here's a picture of my bench run with the LXT Default, FCS V5 on the stock rom debloated manually..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    U1FOPw3.png

Faster Smarter Cooler (FSC) for XZ .. A well balanced Snapdragon 820

Code:
    ** Your warranty is now not void.
    ** I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
    ** war, You take the full responsibility of your actions

Update July 31, 2018
    This thread is marked as discontinued. This means that It won't be updated so don't bother asking and I will not publish any more posts here or contribute to the general discussion. However, I might add files from time to time if necessary.

Originally developed for Xperia Z5 then ported to Z3+/Z4 results were great everywhere, I don't own the XZ currently -yet- , but I tried to make a port based on the stock thermal engine from latest XZ firmware thanks to @Pandemic for providing the file he encouraged me to make this and post here any way so don't forget to thank him .. please note that sp820 SoC doesn't have overheating issues but this mod should optimize heat handling :)

Main advantages
    - Improved overall performance
    - Less heat (especially during moderate/heavy usage -5~10°C )
    - Maintain very good performance for extended periods of time
    - Faster cooling down
    - Prolonged Video recordings and Camera usage
    - Suitable for daily usage
    - Also suitable for gaming/multitasking

Compatibility

- XZ (tested)
    - XZs ? X Performance ? (need testers)

Downloads
    [URL="https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73855755&postcount=2"]Second Post
    [/URL]
    Downloads

Changelogs
    Code:
    [B]06/07/2018[/B]
    - Less agressive thermal throlttling to improve performance
    - Improved charging speed

[B]27/06/2018[/B]
    - Enabled 15 more temperature sensor in addition of "msm" and "emmc" this will improve sensing accuracy and cool down the cpu faster
    - It's a magisk module in case you didn't notice so you can enable/disable it easily

[B]14/05/2017[/B]
    - Added most efficient frequencies to save energy and reduce heat .. with no performance drops !

[B]11/05/2017[/B]
    - First release after -hopefully- enough tests
    - Performance and heat handling improvements 

[B]19/09/2017[/B]
    - Alpha testing release

Telegram : https://t.me/FSC_XDA
    New update 27/06/2018 | 4.0
    Code:
    Nice job RXS bro, it keeps below 40 degrees while watching videos and gaming a little ^^
    c48034ebf8443182af484fde4a36fac6.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F8331 met Tapatalk
    Hey buddy, can I use it in my XZ rom ElementZ v8.0.0 Oreo?
    thank you

Enviado de meu Redmi 5 Plus usando o Tapatalk