headphone jack stopped working

Search This thread

aadil7

Sep 6, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am getting really annoyed with this problem because I have to use an alternate software, soundabout, just to get sound routed to the headphone/audio jack.

I am on the hunt for a resolution because.. well i dont need a reason! it should work!

I know it is a software related problem because an application can correct the sound.

help is much appreciated.. I am on the latest stock software

cizkek_

Aug 14, 2012
All I can think of is a fresh install. That really is a strange issue. Does that app recognize it when you pull out your headphone jack?

aadil7

Sep 6, 2010
i do everything manually so I use the app to either route the sound to the jack or the speakers.. its really frustrating and has been a long standing issue from what I am researching but yet sony dont find it a common or important enough issue to fix -_-

Im doing a fresh OS repair

cizkek_

Aug 14, 2012
i do everything manually so I use the app to either route the sound to the jack or the speakers.. its really frustrating and has been a long standing issue from what I am researching but yet sony dont find it a common or important enough issue to fix -_-

Im doing a fresh OS repair

Please post an update if the software repair fixes this issue. My old Xperia P has this problem, i think one of the pins are broken so it does not recognize the headphone.

aadil7

Sep 6, 2010
I'm pretty sure that it's a hardware issue since inserting it in a certain way makes it work :) Thanks for the tip though, I didn't know such an app existed.

So you know the software repair did not work.. I am over Sony phones.. thought ide try them because theyre known for build quality but the camera performance and with little niggles coming about you end up appreciating the product samsung puts out even though they heat up considerably.

aadil7

Sep 6, 2010
I am moving to google pixel :) sony needs to get their act together ive spent 2-3 months with this phone and after initial hope that the update would make everything amazing.. it kind of did but the other problems and lack of a consistent camera is just not satisfactory.. I am sorry sony there is no excuse! you develop the sensors for most of the phones and you develop hardware in general.. great software compliments great hardware! headphone jack problem killed it for me :(

chawlasrijan

Jun 30, 2013
Delhi-NCR
I am moving to google pixel :) sony needs to get their act together ive spent 2-3 months with this phone and after initial hope that the update would make everything amazing.. it kind of did but the other problems and lack of a consistent camera is just not satisfactory.. I am sorry sony there is no excuse! you develop the sensors for most of the phones and you develop hardware in general.. great software compliments great hardware! headphone jack problem killed it for me :(
It might just be a faulty device, why don't you consider getting it replaced at an authorized Sony Service Center.

Guids

Sep 11, 2011
Can you elaborate on the headphone jack issue?

I have been anxious to make the jump to the xz because my z3's headphone already needed repairing three times. The headphone jack is loose in the frame. First sounds starts to crackle and later on fails completely. Mic remote has issues too.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Reactions: amar tanti

aadil7

Sep 6, 2010

I have been anxious to make the jump to the xz because my z3's headphone already needed repairing three times. The headphone jack is loose in the frame. First sounds starts to crackle and later on fails completely. Mic remote has issues too.

the build is great it just stopped working.. i feel it is a software thing but unsure because after reflashing the os it still did not work. using the software tweak though it worked so its just strange

Guids

Sep 11, 2011
the build is great it just stopped working.. i feel it is a software thing but unsure because after reflashing the os it still did not work. using the software tweak though it worked so its just strange
After doing the following test I knew my z3c problem was hardware.

Open an audio recording app. I used Sony's.
Plug in a headphone with mic.
Start recording
Wiggle the jack in the socket
Listen to the recording.

If the wiggling has caused a crackling noise then you can be sure the jack socket is busted

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Jan 9, 2017
So I was having a sound issue with my headphones as well. When I connected my headphones I would have audio for a second or two before the system reverted to using the built in stereo.
After contacting Sony's support they were able to determine the problem was that their smart connect app wasn't loaded. I had to re-download it from the play store and after a reset everything was perfect.

As I'm new I can't post a link to it but a quick search for "Sony Smart connect" on the play Store should find it. Hopefully this helps out.

Bepli

Mar 3, 2014
Bochum
After doing the following test I knew my z3c problem was hardware.

Open an audio recording app. I used Sony's.
Plug in a headphone with mic.
Start recording
Wiggle the jack in the socket
Listen to the recording.

If the wiggling has caused a crackling noise then you can be sure the jack socket is busted

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk
That is completely true since you can create crackling noises while everything still works like it should. You should listen to the recording and test if you can hear yourself, if not than there might be something wrong with it.

hristozov200

Jun 22, 2020
xperia xz jack problem after oreo

So I was having a sound issue with my headphones as well. When I connected my headphones I would have audio for a second or two before the system reverted to using the built in stereo.
After contacting Sony's support they were able to determine the problem was that their smart connect app wasn't loaded. I had to re-download it from the play store and after a reset everything was perfect.

As I'm new I can't post a link to it but a quick search for "Sony Smart connect" on the play Store should find it. Hopefully this helps out.

I use my original Sony headphones that are in the box of the xperia xz tull the update of oreo they stop to be recognized from the phone, it's not hardware problem. Please fix this problem annoying problem this is every time after update of your software.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm pretty sure that it's a hardware issue since inserting it in a certain way makes it work :) Thanks for the tip though, I didn't know such an app existed.

So you know the software repair did not work.. I am over Sony phones.. thought ide try them because theyre known for build quality but the camera performance and with little niggles coming about you end up appreciating the product samsung puts out even though they heat up considerably.

Please post an update if the software repair fixes this issue. My old Xperia P has this problem, i think one of the pins are broken so it does not recognize the headphone.

Why dont you try soundabout app.. it may help you understand if it is a software bug or hardware issue
    This happened on my Xperia Z5 Premium as well. There is no excuse from Sony. Previous devices have had this issue, they should learn from this and get it fixed.