FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Phone idle using a lot of battery?

123 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By SAMVREMIX, Senior Member on 19th December 2016, 12:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Sorry if the question has been answered before but does anyone else get a lot of battery drain due to 'phone idle'. I'm unsure whether if deep sleep not working or what but have never had this problem with any other phones I have had.
The Following User Says Thank You to SAMVREMIX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SAMVREMIX Ad-Free

19th December 2016, 03:33 AM |#2  
Flag Hồ Chí Minh City
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMVREMIX

Sorry if the question has been answered before but does anyone else get a lot of battery drain due to 'phone idle'. I'm unsure whether if deep sleep not working or what but have never had this problem with any other phones I have had.

Yes, I'm definitely experiencing the same problem. I left the phone overnight and it lost almost 7% which is a lot compared to my old Z1 (only 1-2%). Other time is also similar. Sometimes, it feels like it as if actively using the phone actually uses less power than leaving it idle. Looking at the battery chart seems normal but the phone actually discharges fast on standby (sometimes I lost 25% after just 4-5 hours standby) I'm really want to know if others experience this as well and how to fix.
The Following User Says Thank You to palkia171993 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift palkia171993 Ad-Free
19th December 2016, 06:53 PM |#3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Yes I'm having the same problem.. Phone idle taking more drain than screen right now..

It's deffo a bug with this 7.0 update.. Hopefully it gets fixed in next update..
19th December 2016, 09:23 PM |#4  

More
My battery sucks now after the Nougat update! Drains really quickly on standby. I even turned WiFi scanning off but it didn't seem to help
20th December 2016, 07:05 AM |#5  
Flag Miri
Thanks Meter: 157

More
I am facing the same issue too
Phone idle appears at the top of the list, claiming 135 mah
While my screen states its using 49 mah
20th December 2016, 08:29 AM |#6  
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 294

More
Similarly and annoyingly. Since Nougat my phone barely deep sleeps.

My phone was deep sleeping amazingly on mm. But now it barely deep sleeps. Ridiculous update which now requires me to perform a clean full wipe install of Nougat. Which currently I have no time for, hence my battery dies ridiculously fast. Annoying and not what I was expecting, this removed my excitement away from receiving the new Nougat update and instead am left with work to do to get this one back to par.

This has happened to me before on previous Sony phones when installing new ota updates. Clearly something Sony is good at.

For the OP - this is one of the best apps to determine CPU behaviour, simple and to the point. Particularly scroll to the bottom to obtain how well or not the phone deep sleeps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...valosek.cpuspy

Since upgrading via OTA to Nougat my device barely deep sleeps, rather it sits at 307mhz when idle. Battery gone to sh!t. Forced to do a factory reset fresh installation (when I get enough time to.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dillalade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dillalade Ad-Free
20th December 2016, 06:52 PM |#7  
Flag Miri

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillalade

My phone was deep sleeping amazingly on mm. But now it barely deep sleeps. Ridiculous update which now requires me to perform a clean full wipe install of Nougat. Which currently I have no time for, hence my battery dies ridiculously fast. Annoying and not what I was expecting, this removed my excitement away from receiving the new Nougat update and instead am left with work to do to get this one back to par.

This has happened to me before on previous Sony phones when installing new ota updates. Clearly something Sony is good at.

For the OP - this is one of the best apps to determine CPU behaviour, simple and to the point. Particularly scroll to the bottom to obtain how well or not the phone deep sleeps.

Since upgrading via OTA to Nougat my device barely deep sleeps, rather it sits at 307mhz when idle. Battery gone to sh!t. Forced to do a factory reset fresh installation (when I get enough time to.)

To save everybody's time, I have performed a clean install of nougat and the issue still persists
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eddieleon7pc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eddieleon7pc Ad-Free
20th December 2016, 11:32 PM |#8  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieleon7pc

To save everybody's time, I have performed a clean install of nougat and the issue still persists

Thanks,

It's seems the idle just stays on all the time even if the phone is being used..

Sony needs to release a patch for this asap..
20th December 2016, 11:57 PM |#9  
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 294

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieleon7pc

Clean install, locked and unrooted, DRM in tact?

Still unfavourable deep sleep?

Then that surely is pointing to a inherent issue with Sony Nougat.

However why isn't everyone here with XZ Nougat complaining the same?

We need more input.

In the meantime I will need to bite the bullet and reset my phone as well and report back.
21st December 2016, 12:18 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Been using kernel auditor to check usage. Will reset it and will use the phone as normal tomorrow and report any findings.
The Following User Says Thank You to SAMVREMIX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SAMVREMIX Ad-Free
21st December 2016, 02:05 AM |#11  
Flag Miri

More
Quote:

Clean install, locked and unrooted, DRM in tact?

Still unfavourable deep sleep?

Then that surely is pointing to a inherent issue with Sony Nougat.

However why isn't everyone here with XZ Nougat complaining the same?

We need more input.

In the meantime I will need to bite the bullet and reset my phone as well and report back.

Yup, mine is stock, unrooted, drm intact
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)