Xperia XZ Pie ROMs Questions and Answers Thread

Search This thread

local__hero

Oct 13, 2018
Reporting bugs

Important: Read the bug list before posting. Anyone can add bugs to the list, just follow the rules.

DO NOT REPORT ISSUES WITH GSIs! Ask the GSI maintainer to fix them!

I will repeat the rules again here:

Rules:
  • New bugs must include version where error popped up and which oem version you are using
  • Only reproducible errors
  • Should include adb logcat, we CANNOT help you otherwise! (linked in a pastebin service like https://del.dog)
  • Must include clear description what is wrong
  • If it is a visual/SystemUI bug, only report it here
  • If it is an internal bug(e.g. fingerprint crashes device), report it to the Sony bugtracker as well!
  • Always try to fix the bug yourself first! Then submit a pull request to Sony
  • Must search if error has already been reported (bug tracker, this document, dev buglist)
  • If you've reported the issue somewhere else already and just want to track it here as well, add a link
  • Before reporting a bug, always make sure to isolate it. That means, wipe everything, install only the ROM without GApps and Magisk and see if the problem still exists. Only then report the bug!

Last edited:
Reactions: J.M.Siyath

piotr7543

Im a hour ago flashed an newest Omni build and its stucks on bootanimation ? I had flashed: OEM Tone V5, Omni 24-01-2019, Magisk 18.0 and Open Gapps Pico 27-01-2019

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Now i have the answer. With gapps is smthg not good for Omni. I used RR Treble with that and there it was working :/

delichik

Nov 3, 2018
i just flashed aosp_f8331_2019-02-06-NIGHTLY.zip.
then... my telephone receiver and microphone not work (no voice)

local__hero

Oct 13, 2018
Post logs or we can't help you. Are you running GApps? Do you mean you can't call at all? Or just no sound? This level of information you're providing is useless for helping you.

How about camera? Still dark photos or maybe something change in New builds?
You can help out with the calibration of the RGBC-IR sensor(named "CASH"
Stick this into /vendor/etc/cash_expcol_calibration.xml https://git.ix5.org/felix/device-sony-kagura/commit/a0253f3de75c52bccb9275ee7eda6cd2f9db539c and tweak the values. You need to restart the CASH server via "stop cashsvr" and then "start cashsvr" after you've modified the values. You can then grep the logcat for "cash" and see the generated values.
The "clear" value is for brightness, you can then adjust the exposure and ISO for the individual steps.

Reactions: StaticGTF

delichik

Nov 3, 2018
Post logs or we can't help you. Are you running GApps? Do you mean you can't call at all? Or just no sound? This level of information you're providing is useless for helping you.

You can help out with the calibration of the RGBC-IR sensor(named CASH
Stick this into /vendor/etc/cash_expcol_calibration.xml and tweak the values. You need to restart the CASH server via "stop cashsvr" and then "start cashsvr" after you've modified the values. You can then grep the logcat for "cash" and see the generated values.
The "clear" value is for brightness, you can then adjust the exposure and ISO for the individual steps.

oh sorry, i found it is my mistake.
i flashed the official ftf, then flash your rom. now its alright.
thanks for your work ;)

djgigi94

Nov 11, 2012
I didn't try aosp roms since long time. Still front camera focus problems(stuck on macro)? Gcam mod works? If yes wich version is adviced? Thanks.

Se Neo

Feb 14, 2019
porting of xperia xz3 (pie)

why are developers not make porting of xperia xz3 (pie) to xperia xz dual and use it for stock and unlocked stock?

loparaan

Jun 15, 2012
Which of the 3 versions is the most stable and could be the candidate to remove the official ROM? ... or would I have to wait a little longer? ... I'm tired of not receiving updates, and I get the feeling that the phone is getting slower

SoulJahN2

Aug 31, 2018
When headset connected and playing music (blackplayer) if a notification comes up music stops giving sound but playing. After trying opening volume up & down closing all applications it comes back. Same thing happens if a call comes in when listening music. Music stops but i can't hear any voice from call, doing some things and closing call waiting for the another or i call back it fixes.

Anyone having same problems?
Using oem5 f8331, feb 06 build android 9.0 from sx.ix5.org

KikiGames

Feb 17, 2019
Hey guys!
Sorry if I write in the wrong place. But I flashed OmniROM 9.0 and have some problems:
- If I call they don't hear me and I don't hear them (Not even calling sounds, tried with 100% working Bluetooth headset too)
- Microphone not work in any apps
- Only the lower speaker works
- When phone turn on the first thing I see after boot animation is an error message; "There is an internal problem with your device" or something like this in my language
- IDK why but the phone slows down extremly for no reason sometimes. :( But the bigger plreblem is the call problem.

Xperia XZ Single SIM

Last edited:

Botchcamp

Feb 27, 2019
OnePlus 7T
Hello
I have problems with the call audio disappearing.
I installed the system and checked yesterday that everything worked, but for whatever reason today I have no sound during calls.

I have attached the dmesg and logcat Hello
I installed the system and checked yesterday that everything worked, but for whatever reason today I have no sound during calls.

I have attached the dmesg and logcat on del.dog <slash> arepacivaf.coffeescript
(seems I cannot post links due to forum rules)

Based on the output from dmesg, it looks like there might be something SElinux related going on.
I have the same problem with or without bluetooth headset connected.

I am running the latest FTF for my region (192) and OEM version 6.

If you need more info or I should be posting this somewhere else, please point me in the right direction :)

Thank you

Based on the output from dmesg, it looks like there might be something SElinux related going on.

If you need more info or I should be posting this somewhere else, please point me in the right direction :)

Thank you

KikiGames

Feb 17, 2019
Okay... I installed latest rom, latest oem, the old (working) TWRP and...
It's okay now. Everything seems to work.

local__hero

Oct 13, 2018
When headset connected and playing music (blackplayer) if a notification comes up music stops giving sound but playing. After trying opening volume up & down closing all applications it comes back. Same thing happens if a call comes in when listening music. Music stops but i can't hear any voice from call, doing some things and closing call waiting for the another or i call back it fixes.

Please give us a clean log and file a bug report at the sonyxperiadev bug tracker.
Make a clean re-install without Magisk or GApps and get a logcat and dmesg from boot until your calling issue.

What ROM are you running? Which version? Did you wipe/format userdata before installing the ROM?
I have attached the dmesg and logcat on del.dog/arepacivaf.coffeescript
It looks like you are running Magisk and GApps. Please clean-install without them and get us a clean log.
Then open an issue at the sonyxperiadev bug tracker.

xda is a horrible place to to actual development, so please try to follow the guides and report bugs in the appropriate places, we cannot monitor everything here.

local__hero

Oct 13, 2018
why are developers not make porting of xperia xz3 (pie) to xperia xz dual and use it for stock and unlocked stock?
For a number of reasons, here are some examples:
  • Copyright. Sony software is copyrighted and if we "ported" it, we could get sued.
  • Different platforms: The Xperia XZ is based on the Snapdragon 820 chipset. The XZ3 is based on the SDM845 chipset. They have different CPU architectures and capabilities.
  • It's hard when you don't have the source. We compile everything from open-source projects here. If you try to port stuff from the XZ3, you have to decompile the binaries to make them work with the Xperia XZ.

reza6621

May 26, 2016
Hello there, i have a problem here about installing aosp rom on my XZ F8831 phone, can i ask it here? So i followed everything on your page including latest tft, flashing oem, flashing dsp, but my phone stuck on white sony logo without installing magisk/gapps. When i try to reinstall it but with gapps, i got this message when i try to flash the gapps, "this gapps is for device that have 9.0 android, your device is 8.0" something like that, so i assume anything i do before is useless, because my phone still on 8.0. Please can someone help me? Im sorry for the bad english

Last edited:

KikiGames

Feb 17, 2019
Hey guys!
I have problem with Treble on XZ (Single SIM)
I want to try some interesting GSIs but I never able to make any of them work. I tried like 10 different GSIs already.
So if someone can help me telling what I do wrong and someone can help me to make even one GSI work I would be super happy.

So I started everything from the beggining so reflashing the stock rom with flashtool, then flash the modded TWRP oem-vendor and then flash AOSP treble.
Then wipe everything (I tried without wipe and wipe system too not just caches and data. Every combination)
Then "fastboot flash system gsi.img"
When done I turn on phone SONY logo then restart and loop
So I read need to fix dsp (I not really understand this part) but I don't know how to use the codes or if I use them I got errors (I will write down errors if need)
So I used this;
https://sx.ix5.org/files/builds/kagura/misc/dsp-label-fixer.zip
After I installed gsi I turn on phone in recovery mode then flash dsp-label-fixer.zip. Is this ok? Need to do after every single flash or not even need?
Or if I need to use the codes where to write to make it work?;
Code:
[COLOR="DimGray"]su
# It might be either /system/vendor/dsp or /vendor/dsp depending on your device
# Just try both until one succeeds
mount -o remount,rw /system/vendor/dsp
chcon -R u:object_r:adsprpcd_file:s0 /dsp[/COLOR]

When I ask help last time you I get an answer about selinux. I don't really know if it's help or not, but I downloaded permissiver and flashed it. Same question than with dsp. Need to flash every time or after every rom install and before boot it?
What can be wrong? Why I never make trough the SONY logo with GSIs?
I already isntalled OmniROM and Pie 9.0 rom without problem. Even Treble is boot but without GSI, after installing a GSI image bootloop.
I read a lot and watched videos but still the same problem.
I hope someone will help me, I want to learn but I don't know what I do wrong and what to learn exactly. ?
Sorry for a lot long questions and bad English and being dumb.
Thank you for the answer!

KikiGames

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unified support thread for Pie Xperia XZ ROMs

You can discuss the following here:

Please keep the development threads clean and help each other out in this thread instead.

Telegram Group for General Discussion

Please give us a clean log and file a bug report at the sonyxperiadev bug tracker.
    Make a clean re-install without Magisk or GApps and get a logcat and dmesg from boot until your calling issue.

What ROM are you running? Which version? Did you wipe/format userdata before installing the ROM?
    I have attached the dmesg and logcat on del.dog/arepacivaf.coffeescript
    It looks like you are running Magisk and GApps. Please clean-install without them and get us a clean log.
    Then open an issue at the sonyxperiadev bug tracker.

xda is a horrible place to to actual development, so please try to follow the guides and report bugs in the appropriate places, we cannot monitor everything here.
    Reporting bugs

Important: Read the bug list before posting. Anyone can add bugs to the list, just follow the rules.

DO NOT REPORT ISSUES WITH GSIs! Ask the GSI maintainer to fix them!

I will repeat the rules again here:

Rules:
    • New bugs must include version where error popped up and which oem version you are using
    • Only reproducible errors
    • Should include adb logcat, we CANNOT help you otherwise! (linked in a pastebin service like https://del.dog)
    • Must include clear description what is wrong
    • If it is a visual/SystemUI bug, only report it here
    • If it is an internal bug(e.g. fingerprint crashes device), report it to the Sony bugtracker as well!
    • Always try to fix the bug yourself first! Then submit a pull request to Sony
    • Must search if error has already been reported (bug tracker, this document, dev buglist)
    • If you've reported the issue somewhere else already and just want to track it here as well, add a link
    • Before reporting a bug, always make sure to isolate it. That means, wipe everything, install only the ROM without GApps and Magisk and see if the problem still exists. Only then report the bug!

How about camera? Still dark photos or maybe something change in New builds?
    You can help out with the calibration of the RGBC-IR sensor(named "CASH"
    Stick this into /vendor/etc/cash_expcol_calibration.xml https://git.ix5.org/felix/device-sony-kagura/commit/a0253f3de75c52bccb9275ee7eda6cd2f9db539c and tweak the values. You need to restart the CASH server via "stop cashsvr" and then "start cashsvr" after you've modified the values. You can then grep the logcat for "cash" and see the generated values.