Xperia™ XZ Oreo / 8.0 {*New* / 03.11.2018 / 41.3.A.2.192} + FTF Files

Which one do you use to update last FW your phone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

GenomeX

Dec 5, 2011
Rasht
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
@GenomeX

can you share your build.prop tweaks?

Add end of your build.prop
Code:
#
# CUSTOM_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.ril.power_collapse=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
ro.ril.fast.dormancy.rule=0
pm.sleep_mode=1
power.saving.mode=1
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=90
persist.sys.scrollingcache=3
ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100
persist.sys.purgeable_assets=1

Reactions: mkhalid

Tobbyax

Feb 5, 2013
Paris
April 25, 2017 was a system update from Android 7.0 to 7.1.1. All applications I have had with access to write to SD card lost the ability to save. Normally this was done under 7.0 that the application asked if it could write to the SD card and gave it permission (without root). After updating to 7.1.1, nothing like this does not pop up and the previously granted permissions do not work. Some very important for me to work application is not even have access to their data on the card. Under 7.0 everything worked bdb. Does anyone know if there might be some extra "bird" (from Sony) that allows this ...? Did Sony or Google break something?

Same issue here. Spotify lost its saved music, and is not able to sync to SD card anymore (it does not even show the storage choice in its settings, even after an app reset). Any solution?
Maybe we should format the SD card.

EDIT: I’ve just tried to format SD card and it still does not work…

Last edited:

magsp

Nov 2, 2011
Gdansk
Same issue here. Spotify lost its saved music, and is not able to sync to SD card anymore (it does not even show the storage choice in its settings, even after an app reset). Any solution?
Maybe we should format the SD card.

EDIT: I’ve just tried to format SD card and it still does not work…

Hey Tobbyax, I'm still looking for a solution to this ...

Tobbyax

Feb 5, 2013
Paris

I’ve loosely chosen the factory reset solution. And it immediately worked: I can now see the “storage” option back in Spotify, and choose SD card.

Edit: and it stopped working after a while, I don't know why... ?

Last edited:

Tobbyax

Feb 5, 2013
Paris

I’ve reset again my phone, and as expected, it worked again. I think I found the triggering operation that causes these apps not to be able to write on the SD card.
Everything was working fine, I proceeded only one operation: crypting SD card. Just after that, SD card was unavailable for these apps. Even after disabling encryption on sd card, it didn’t get back to normal behavior. I think I will have to reset my phone again.

magsp

Nov 2, 2011
Gdansk
I’ve reset again my phone, and as expected, it worked again. I think I found the triggering operation that causes these apps not to be able to write on the SD card.
Everything was working fine, I proceeded only one operation: crypting SD card. Just after that, SD card was unavailable for these apps. Even after disabling encryption on sd card, it didn’t get back to normal behavior. I think I will have to reset my phone again.

Very very strange. Sony had to break something in the software...

chawlasrijan

Jun 30, 2013
Delhi-NCR
New Update:

Device: Xperia XZ Dual F8332
Android Version: 7.1.1
Build No: 41.2.A.2.223
Android Security Patch Level​: May 1, 2017

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170510-111941.png
    Screenshot_20170510-111941.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 272
  • Screenshot_20170510-113933.png
    Screenshot_20170510-113933.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

szuwx

Sep 5, 2009
my xz dual just got it, im very happy sony is doing security updates so fast. First time from long time im getting such good support from android phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW UPDATE [03.11.2018 / 41.3.A.2.192]
    2hqwgb7.jpg

• OLDER FW FTF's for XPERIA™ XZ / F8332 •
    Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.99 (Russia) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.99 (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.107 (Russia) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.107 (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.128 (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.128 (India Generic) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.149 (Malaysia) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.149 (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.149 (India Generic) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.157 (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.171 (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.184 (Thailand Generic) : CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.184 (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

• LATEST FW FTF's for XPERIA™ XZ / F8332 •
    Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.192 [NEW] (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!
    Xperia™ XZ Dual (F8332) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.192 [NEW] (Middle East and Africa) : CLICK HERE!

• OLDER FW FTF's for XPERIA™ XZ / F8331 •
    Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.99 (Russia): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.99 (Latin America): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.99 (Customized DE): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.107 (Australia Generic): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.107 (Customized DE): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.128 (Latin America): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.128 (GEL): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.149 (GEL): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.149 (Australia Generic): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.157 (GEL): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.171 (GEL): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.184 (Germany Generic): CLICK HERE!

Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.184 (GEL): CLICK HERE!

• LATEST FW FTF's for XPERIA™ XZ / F8331 •
    Xperia™ XZ (F8331) FTF Firmware, Ready to Flash with Flashtool 41.3.A.2.192 [NEW] (Brazil Generic): CLICK HERE!
    There are plenty of little things new. Also, it is always recommended that major update of Android should be accompanied with a full wipe of your device. Trust me, I did a full wipe after updating through OTA & the performance is phenomenal.

Here are some of things I noticed that are new which other users failed to acknowledge.
    1) The Startup Setup is redesigned
    2) 6 QS tiles instead of 5 in the notification header
    3) Round default icons for applications (System as well as play store apps)
    4) Updated transitions
    5) New style of Phone Heads up display (When a call comes, the heads up has been redesigned)
    6) Assist app in settings drawer
    7) QS controls removed from System UI Tuner (Sony standardised them in their edit QS)
    8) No more battery % disappearing​ issue when it is selected from System UI tuner because Sony removed it from System UI tuner & standardised it.
    9) New long press power off menu (Redesigned + addition of emergency call button)

The device feels much snappier & more responsive.
    Overall a great update.
    So far very pleased with the update in general.
    The battery drain seems to be less, specially over night, I would usually loose 5-6%, last night it was 1%, with all the apps I usually have.
    The battery information in the settings is changed and now makes a lot more sense and is more detailed compared, the previous one was a mess.
    The phone feels snappier and faster, more responsive.
    I was also pleased to see there were some obvious changes in image processing, it seems like they reduced the amount of unnecessary noise-reduction and upped the sharpening a bit.
    The contrast balance in auto mode seems better, the distinction between shadows and lit sections is better.
    Aliasing on the edges of objects further away is less than before and also I see no edge blurring as before. In 16:9 there's still some minor loss in detail on very edges of the frame when you zoom in, but in 4:3 the entire frame looks equaly sharp.
    In general, the photos look much cleaner, more detail, a bit stronger colors and better brighness/contrast adjustment. To me the camera was always great, I'm not what you'd call a pro-user in regards to camera and photos, but still, improvements are welcome.
    I took some before/after samples indoors, one from closer under direct light and one from far away, standing in a very dark hallway to see how it handles auto white balance and brightness. Both identical conditions, auto mode, 23mpix 4:3 and object tracking disabled. The samples are cropped and zoomed in, test 1 and 3 are before the update.
    Umm how do i relock ? Is it possible on the X Series & is it Through Flashtool ??

Apparently so, I have not tried it but someone on here has reported they relocked using flashtool.

Very well, I will try & report back.
    Thank You for your support :)

Yes you can relock your bootloader using flashtool ;)