Google Camera with HDR+

Search This thread

nolihowell

Jul 6, 2014
Vancouver
Are these any (rooted?) users that are able to install version 2.0 of the Sony camera app?
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sony-...mera-2-0-0-149-android-apk-download/download/

I'm curious if it changes camera performance and/or quality, because "version 2.0" does sound like a major change, right?

hello ive tried to replace my stock camera app on xperia xz android 8.0 via root system/ priv-apps directory, applied the necessary permissions and restarted. heres the new stuff that come with it during selfie mode two selfie options are available one is for single person another is for multi persons while in video mode a 120 fps slow mo is available. but its unstable it kept force closing while switching camera modes. also i kept on deleting the data and cache in order to use the app.

S

StanleyNL

hello ive tried to replace my stock camera app on xperia xz android 8.0 via root system/ priv-apps directory, applied the necessary permissions and restarted. heres the new stuff that come with it during selfie mode two selfie options are available one is for single person another is for multi persons while in video mode a 120 fps slow mo is available. but its unstable it kept force closing while switching camera modes. also i kept on deleting the data and cache in order to use the app.
Hmm that doesn't seem very stable. Thanks for trying, anyway!

veloz46

Sep 2, 2011
Android World
do you guys have magisk? and oreo? If so, try this. I can attempt to add camera2 api support forcibly with build prop mod, if necessary

https://xdaforums.com/essential-phone/themes/magisk-based-gcam-port-ar-sticker-t3730837

I realize its for essential, but try it, there are a bunch of different gcams built up into magisk modules

Could you activate camerapi2?

It's just modify Build.prop and add a line. persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1

I want to know if it is possible to modify my muher's phone.

Thanks!

KikiGames

Feb 17, 2019
I use OmniROM 9.0 Weekly and tried Google Camera port, but I shoot purple images. IDK why and how to fix it.
Video recording is good.
Anyone solution?

Stronger1101

Account currently disabled
Sep 28, 2012
Usa
cutt.ly
OnePlus 7T
Hi guys

This the result with gcam by Arnova8G2

The functioning is acceptable, and the best of all gcam which I have found.

Achieve a good focus is relatively dificul but when it can the result is good

The link to apk of the camera, I use Gcam_6.2.024_Advanced_V2.0.190420.0415

https://xdaforums.com/xperia-xz/how-to/gcam-xperia-xz-t3891068/page1

I hope you share your images.

Attachments

• IMG_20190525_001914.jpg
    IMG_20190525_001914.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 654

maniaccrack

Mar 16, 2016

TalhaGirgen9

Oct 11, 2014
İstanbul
I suggest the_dise's ports, since they are working without any major bugs and fixing needed. including night sight, hdr+ enhanced.

Link to ports.

Pics are taken running AOSP if anyone wondering.

Attachments

• IMG_20190612_023435.jpg
    IMG_20190612_023435.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 829
  • IMG_20190530_180008.jpg
    IMG_20190530_180008.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 834
Last edited:
Reactions: Stronger1101

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh yes where you see here discussions after Themes and Apps ?
    It need to be posted in Guides, News and Discussions and not here !

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F8331 met Tapatalk
    here's a screenshot of the forum rules. it clearly says you could post announcements and DISCUSSIONS regarding themes and apps here. so before you even go policing everybody else's post, make sure you understand the rules yourself. i don't frickin' care if you're a senior member. go police somebody else's post because, last time i checked, i'm perfectly abiding by the forum rules myself.
    Okay, so i modded the BSG pixel camera mod, to remove the close if no RAW support, the camera works now on my xperia Z5P, takes pictures, records videos, portrait mode does not work, HDR+ on and off i do not see a difference in thr pictures, so im guessing hdr+ not working either, overall pictures seem to be same or slightly worse in some environments and better in some, not a big difference
    I can post apk if anybody wants, let me know
    was perfectly calm here until this guy goes barging into my thread like he's the owner of XDA.
    Got any comparison pictures?
    I'll try to do one soon. Flashing rom back and forth is a bit taxing :eek:
    So annoying! it works on other phones... HDR+ would probably make the XZ one of the best camera's!