[ROM] LineageOS 16.0 UNOFFICIAL - 1.2 [2020-02-11]

Search This thread

ddup1

Dec 29, 2010
Hum, just run newflasher as describe in first post, but firmware was not updated. Any advice ?

ddup1

Dec 29, 2010
@derf elot what I'm saying ,I don't know if its too much to ask for, is if you can create a thread to post these firmwares files when new firmwares by Sony are released. If @derf elot can't always update it others who can also update it there

Think firmware was updated well. I dont know how to check this ? Was looking for build number in system preference, but that is not firmware version i think.

PS : LOS seems to work well, thank a lot for the hard work.

Reactions: danish0175

nussbaum

Feb 18, 2011
Bielefeld
Think firmware was updated well. I dont know how to check this ? Was looking for build number in system preference, but that is not firmware version i think.

PS : LOS seems to work well, thank a lot for the hard work.
Press "Android version" in "About phone", see "Vendor security patch level" or "Baseband version".

kai ming

Jul 1, 2019
Thanks for the rom modpunk, but i have some charge problems. It charges when the screen is off, but if i use the phone the battery does charge but at low mah (Tested ampere app). Battery dies when using.
i did not do firmware update, but in about phone it says lineage_lilac .....
Do i need to do firmware update or is it too late to do that? Because i flashed already lineage 16

Lemmiwinks86

Jun 10, 2019
Format SD as internal

Thanks a lot for the hard work!
I have just one problem. Normally there is an option to format a SD card as internal storage. This option is simply not available. There is just the option for a normal format.. Has this option been disabled for this build? (Using RC1).

modpunk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10
I have just one problem. Normally there is an option to format a SD card as internal storage. This option is simply not available. There is just the option for a normal format.. Has this option been disabled for this build? (Using RC1).

We looked into it but that would require a lot of kernel work to support it.

scamix

Oct 14, 2018

I have probably found a workaround.

The trick is completely wipe the sd card. To do this I used minitool partition magic, but any other format software should work.
Right click on sd, make "delete all partition" and "Apply" (These texts could be different). The partition tablet is MBR, I don't know if it's influent.
Put the sd in the phone and go to storage setting. The SD is now marked as "unsupported". Tap on it and tap on "Configure".
At this point you have to tap "Annul" (To be clear, you don't tap "Format sd card") and select "Use as extra memory" (no "portable memory"). Now you can easily follow the remaining steps.

This solution is not well tested but i can confirm that is possible to migrate app on SD and it's work even after a reboot.
There is probably a bug that show the sd half full but with double the capacity. (If sd is 64 gb it show full 64gb on 128gb).

Sorry for my english and keep in mind that all the texes may vary because my phone is not set in english.

nussbaum

Feb 18, 2011
Bielefeld

The trick is completely wipe the sd card. To do this I used minitool partition magic, but any other format software should work.
Right click on sd, make "delete all partition" and "Apply" (These texts could be different). The partition tablet is MBR, I don't know if it's influent.
Put the sd in the phone and go to storage setting. The SD is now marked as "unsupported". Tap on it and tap on "Configure".
At this point you have to tap "Annul" (To be clear, you don't tap "Format sd card") and select "Use as extra memory" (no "portable memory"). Now you can easily follow the remaining steps.

This solution is not well tested but i can confirm that is possible to migrate app on SD and it's work even after a reboot.
There is probably a bug that show the sd half full but with double the capacity. (If sd is 64 gb it show full 64gb on 128gb).

Sorry for my english and keep in mind that all the texes may vary because my phone is not set in english.
Nice, could you please check if the SD is encrypted too when inserted in a (linux) computer?

kai ming

Jul 1, 2019
firmware update or not

lineage rom rc1 works, but do i need to do a firmware update with xperifirm? Everything works, only charging have problem with screen on time. I have quickcharger 3.0 . It charges when screen off. It also charges when screen on but the battery drains.

nussbaum

Feb 18, 2011
Bielefeld
lineage rom rc1 works, but do i need to do a firmware update with xperifirm? Everything works, only charging have problem with screen on time. I have quickcharger 3.0 . It charges when screen off. It also charges when screen on but the battery drains.
Quick charge works here with firmware FW_G8441_Customized+DE_1310-4373_47.2.A.10.62_R3C.zip from this forum, just checked with usb multimeter, no difference if screen is on or off. Around 7.5 V at 1.5 A.

DerSteppo

Aug 10, 2017
Frankfurt
ASUS ZenFone 8
Does the standard phone app automatically erase all entries from the speed dial page once in a while? I am wondering why the page is always empty after a day or so. I haven't saved any favourites manually, but I remember that the last contacts that I called would be there. Call logs are saved in the call history, as usual. Is it just me or regular app behavior?

drissie

Jul 4, 2019
A bit of a random question, bear with me please. I have only ever had a Windows phone and I am stubbornly holding on to my Nokia Lumia, but it is really starting to struggle now with the lack of support. I don't want an iPhone, but I'm not a fan of the Big brother habits of Google, so I was looking for something with more privacy and my husband has an old Xperia XZ1 Compact I can use, so I ended up here. Assuming I have next to zero technical knowledge, what are my chances of installing this ROM without messing stuff up or even bricking the phone? I am happy to read and follow tutorials etc. but bear in mind I really know nothing and have never used Android, so I probably won't even be able to recognise if something has gone wrong. And even if I manage to install it correctly, what would be the long term implications - I guess I'd have to go through the same process for every update, e.g. LOS 16.01 or 17 or whichever else comes out in the future, thus having more chances to get things wrong? And I would have to check proactively if there is an update available, rather than the OS prompting me? Would it also be the same with updates for apps from F-Droid or ones where I've just downloaded the .apk file from a website? Would I be better off (i.e. safer) sticking with stock Android and trying to de-Google it as much as possible?

I'd really like to give LOS a go, I just don't want to brick the phone...

nussbaum

Feb 18, 2011
Bielefeld
Does the standard phone app automatically erase all entries from the speed dial page once in a while? I am wondering why the page is always empty after a day or so. I haven't saved any favourites manually, but I remember that the last contacts that I called would be there. Call logs are saved in the call history, as usual. Is it just me or regular app behavior?
You are right, but thanks for pointing me to this, didn't knew it either yet. In the phone app open "Call history" from the menu, then touch "Statistics", then "Adjust time range" from the menu there again. A bit hard to find, but i think there you can adjust when Favorites forgets recent calls...

DerSteppo

Aug 10, 2017
Frankfurt
ASUS ZenFone 8
You are right, but thanks for pointing me to this, didn't knew it either yet. In the phone app open "Call history" from the menu, then touch "Statistics", then "Adjust time range" from the menu there again. A bit hard to find, but i think there you can adjust when Favorites forgets recent calls...

Huh, a hidden corner of Android that I never visited :eek: thanks mate! However, I don't think it will change the behavior of the favourite section, but only the call time statistics. I will check. :good:

Reactions: nussbaum

Lemmiwinks86

Jun 10, 2019

Thanks a lot, it actually worked! Indeed, the reported capacity is wrong.
I just wonder why modpunk says it's unsupported but it works using this trick? @modpunk, do you plan to look into it again for "official" support?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 16.0 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

LineageOS_16.0_Trebuchet.png
    LineageOS_16.0_Trust_Settings.png

RELEASE

This is an alternative ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact. It offers several privacy features and F-Droid App Store preinstalled. If you're coming from LineageOS 15.1 you can simply update! No need to wipe anything.

FEATURES
    • Signed with dev keys
    • FDroid preinstalled
    • FDroid Privilege Extension
    • Well tested but some bugs maybe included

DOWNLOAD

You can download the latest release here. Check the ChangeLog below for firmware requirements!

INSTALLATION

Put the zip file of the ROM on you sdcard or internal store and boot into recovery. If you use my TWRP recovery, you should use that one to flash the ROM.

Make sure you select Zip signature verification.

This will make sure the zip file has not been altered!

KNOWN ISSUES

• NFC is not working yet
    • Phone doesn't work well with Mifare NFC tokens
    • IMS does not fully work for some carriers yet

XDA:DevDB Information
    lineageos_16_sony_lilac, ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact

Contributors
    modpunk, derf elot, myself5
    Source Code: https://github.com/cryptomilk/android_device_sony_lilac

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.2
    Stable Release Date: 2020-02-11

Created 2019-04-28
    Last Updated 2020-02-11
    SECURITY ADVICE

Don't flash ROMs or Magisk modules which set SELinux to permissive or you welcome malware on your device!

UPGRADE LINEAGEOS

If you're running LineageOS 15.1 you can simply flash LineageOS 16.0, upgrade the firmware for modem etc. and be done. There is no need to wipe the data partition, just clean dalvik and cache after updating LineageOS.

UPGRADE FIRMWARE

• Grab the Sony Stock firmware using e.g. XPeriFrim. You should always flash the firmware matching the LOS build.
    • Grab newflasher and put it in the same folder as the firmware files.
    • Read the newflasher original post on XDA for general instructions!
    • Remove the follwing from the folder so they won't get flashed:
      • all *.ta files (keep the one in the boot/ directory)
      • cache*.sin
      • fotakernel*.sin
      • kernel*.sin
      • persist*.sin
      • system*.sin
      • userdata*.sin
      • vendor*.sin
    • Turn off your phone
    • Hold the volume down button and attach it via USB to your system till you see LED turning green
    • Run newflasher from within this directory to flash the remaining files
      You can say yes to the first optional step, in case you dont have working drivers installed.
      Skip the second optional step (dumping of trim area), it's useless if your bootloader is unlocked already and takes a long time.

How to get root?

Flash the su addon from LineageOS you can find here: https://download.lineageos.org/extras

Google Apps

You can download and install the Google Apps from opengapps.org. You need ARM64 and 9.x. I suggest to *always* use the pico package. If you need additional apps you find them in the Play Store.

Privacy Guard for GApps

I wouldn't run GApps without Privcy Guard. Here is what you need to do:

Go to: Settings -> Security & location -> Privacy Guard

Open the advanced menu (3 dots) and select: Enable by default and Show built-in apps.

Search for Google Play Services and turn it on by tapping the entry. A long press will give additional options. There are more Google Apps you should turn it on and revoke permissions like the syncing stuff.

FDroid

This ROM comes with FDroid and the Privilege Extension pre-installed.

MicroG

This ROM doesn't support Signature Spoofing. However we are watching MicroG and check if they provide newer builds e.g. for Android Pie.

Simple Mobile Tools

This is a collection of really awesome Open Source and AD-free Apps! Don't get confused by the name! Especially the Calendar and Gallery app are really good! If you like his stuff, support him by buying the Simple Thanks app.

You can find them in FDroid and the Play Store.

Known Issues

Some apps don't work (Gardenscapes, Die Zeit, ...)

When an app is installed then it should ask for Permissions on the first startup. However for some apps this doesn't happen. To fix it you need to go to Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> See all apps -> Select the App -> Permissions. Now manually activate the required permission, normally the Storage Permission is missing in that case!
    I've uploaded v1.1 which is likely the last 16.0 release. I will move to 17.1 soon and provide a ROM :)
    REQUIRED FIRMWARE: 47.2.A.11.228

CHANGELOG

2020-02-11 | 1.2 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Fixed issues with storing app data on sd card

2020-01-30 | 1.1 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to kernel 4.4.213

2019-12-15 | 1.0 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to kernel 4.4.206
    • Updated FDroid

2019-11-18 | RC6 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to kernel 4.4.202
    • Added FlipFlap cover support
    • Updated FDroid
    • Fixed tethering issues

2019-10-18 | RC5 | 47.2.A.11.228
    • Update to kernel 4.4.196
    • Fixed FDroid permissions
    • Fixed application pinning
    • Moved to stock audio hal
    • Updated vendor properties

2019-09-18 | RC4 | 47.2.A.10.107
    • Update to kernel 4.4.193
    • Added WFD support
    • Fixed issue with NFC
    • Several cleanups in the device tree

2019-08-14 | RC3 | 47.2.A.10.107
    • Fixed random reboots (bad CAF kernel patch)
    • Fixed perf service and power HAL
    • Fixed issue showing white sony logo for too long
    • Fixed NFC
    • Fixed live display issues

2019-07-08 | RC2 | 47.2.A.10.80
    • Enabled bokeh mode in Snap
    • Fixed bluetooth issues
    • Fixed IMS
    • Fixed irq balancing
    • Updated kernel to latest version
    • Updated Android to 9.0_r44

2019-06-11 | RC1 | 47.2.A.10.62