FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

new Firmware 47.1.A.12.179

158 posts
Thanks Meter: 82
 
By Raz0Rfail, Senior Member on 9th May 2018, 11:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
The new Firmware 47.1.A.12.179 is out:
https://xpericheck.com/device/G8441

in Android-Hilfe.de Thread they write that the firmware includes Android Security Patch is 01. May 2018.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raz0Rfail For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raz0Rfail Ad-Free
 
 
9th May 2018, 01:24 PM |#2  
iSilens's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
It is the May security patch. Couldn't find any other changes so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to iSilens For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iSilens Ad-Free
9th May 2018, 04:10 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Good day.
I noticed that wifi now connects intantly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hansoliv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hansoliv Ad-Free
9th May 2018, 07:08 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Good news about wifi, although for me, the issues are so intermittent that it's tough to tell.
SmartLock settings are still blank.
I won't be able to test car bluetooth until tomorrow, so fingers crossed. Although I did discover last weekend that if I pause from the car's headset, it will display the currently paused song after 2, or so, seconds.
10th May 2018, 03:49 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkeep

Good news about wifi, although for me, the issues are so intermittent that it's tough to tell.
SmartLock settings are still blank.
I won't be able to test car bluetooth until tomorrow, so fingers crossed. Although I did discover last weekend that if I pause from the car's headset, it will display the currently paused song after 2, or so, seconds.

To fix the smart lock, in your security settings find "Trusted Agents" and uncheck Smart Lock, then reboot and enable the agent for Smart Lock again. Worked for me.
10th May 2018, 03:52 PM |#6  
Didgesteve's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Truro
Thanks Meter: 988
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covalex

To fix the smart lock, in your security settings find "Trusted Agents" and uncheck Smart Lock, then reboot and enable the agent for Smart Lock again. Worked for me.

Doesn't work for very long, two or three days max, then it stops opening and trusted device fails to unlock
10th May 2018, 09:17 PM |#7  
ninjazin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
As long as it does come with 8.1 I'm not too interested. Whole reason with going with Sony was project treble for faster updates. Disappointing to say the least.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
11th May 2018, 09:05 AM |#8  
Davka's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjazin

Whole reason with going with Sony was project treble for faster updates. Disappointing to say the least.

You really can't see the benefit of Treble? We get security update each month! I'd never seen such quick updating before Treble, on non Google's phones.
To compare: my Motorola X Force is still on October 2017 security patch :/
11th May 2018, 02:04 PM |#9  
ninjazin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davka

You really can't see the benefit of Treble? We get security update each month! I'd never seen such quick updating before Treble, on non Google's phones.
To compare: my Motorola X Force is still on October 2017 security patch :/

As my wife's S7 from Samsung also gets monthly updates then it's not really impressing

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
12th May 2018, 06:47 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covalex

To fix the smart lock, in your security settings find "Trusted Agents" and uncheck Smart Lock, then reboot and enable the agent for Smart Lock again. Worked for me.

I have to agree with Didgesteve. The only improvement is that the SmartLock screen stays visible - it still doesn't work, but you can see it. The wifi problems came back. And the bluetooth is the same, to possibly worse. Yay! for security updates, but from a user perspective, this update did nothing, as far as I can tell. At least there are workarounds for the problems. It's still a huge improvement over the Galaxy S5 it replaced.
13th May 2018, 01:26 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Disappointing - WIFI is unable to stay connected for more than a 24 hours. Daily restarts are needed. No solution even after 4 months of this ridiculous behavior. SONY should admit this is a HW issue and offer replacements or solve it ASAP.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes