Overall speed

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Would you say that the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact is "fast" in day-to-day use? A higher rating indicates that you think the Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact exhibits fantastic performance. Like, is it as fast as your tears when you watch The Titanic?

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

j-san

Jun 20, 2008
I think it is pretty fast. Prior to this phone I had a Pixel, which I thought was already quite fast. Noticeably, I find the camera to be much better at focusing and snapping quick shots. The dedicated shutter button has spoiled me for all future phones. Apps load up quickly and I think the limiting factor there is internet connection speed. I'm also very impressed with the speed of the fingerprint sensor. Sometimes I just want to check my lock screen for a glance at a message and end up unlocking to the home screen. Perhaps it is too quick.

Mrbogarts

Oct 13, 2017
Really fast. Il coming from HTC 10 and I can tell you the xz1 compact is faster than my "old" HTC....
Mémoire, CPU, wifi, 4g, everything is going faster

armchairbear

Jun 18, 2010
It's blazing fast for me. Noticeably better than my previous phone, the GS7.
It may even be as quick and responsive as the first pixel phone.
I've experienced a few hiccups here and there, but it's possible that it's because I have auto-update play store apps on.

not_a_doggo

Dec 23, 2015
This phone is fast. Everything seems instantaneous. Apps that often suffer lag like Google Play Music and Maps are smooth as butter. This thing does not break a sweat and the resolution gives it a huge advantage.

majorwedgy

Jun 26, 2010
I get constant freezing and very inconsistent performance for example in games sometimes it feels like 60fps and others more like 15fps I know the hardware is good enough but either I have a dodgy phone or there is an issue with the software. It has been like this since day one. Benchmarks are great though

Tudor M

Nov 15, 2015
Cluj-Napoca
Sony Xperia 5 II
It's very fast and reliable.
3 issues though:
1. fingerprint sensor went crazy and hardly recognizing myself. I have slightly sweaty hands, but still, it is worse than when I bought it. The percentage of succeeded readings is pretty small. At some point I deleted the fingerprints and registered them again(hoping will be better). Maybe than it got even worse.
2. Wi-Fi speed is pretty slow. I compared it to my old z3C and most of the times, z3 won... And even worse, the ratings were not so good overall. Somehow, I can "feel" that.
But it's not as bad as it sounds.
3. Phone idle consumes more than twice the battery consumed by "screen on". Sad, but I still get over 4h of SOD. Maybe Android Pie will be better here.
All of the issues are "fine" to live with. And there still is no better option for a compact device. :)