FORUMS

TWRP-ROOT Android Pie XZ1

187 posts
Thanks Meter: 43

By theflanker, Senior Member on 26th December 2018, 10:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
What's needed:
  • latest Android Pie firmware for Xperia XZ1 (I used 47.2.A.4.41_R4C UK or any version of the 47.2.A.6.30) from XperiFirm
  • newflasher_v13 tool here
  • Minimal ADB and Fastboot
  • TWRP Recovery here
  • last Magisk.zip here

first copy Magisk.zip to the sd card and insert it into the device

Install TWRP:
  1. launch flashtool and download the latest firmware 47.2.A.4.41_R4C with XperiFirm ....
  2. follow the path C: users / name / .flashTool / firmwares / Download
  3. locate the unzipped firmware, open the folder and delete all the .ta files; then open the boot and partition folders and do the same thing
  4. search the internet or XDA newflasher_v13 tool and place all 7 files in the C: users / name / .flashTool / firmwares / Download / 47.2.A.4.41_R4C folder
  5. connect the device in flash mode
  6. launch the .exe command
  7. press "n" and again "n"
  8. finished the firmware flash unplug the phone
  9. When the first ignition is finished, open the debug and connect the mobile phone to the PC
  10. open the folder Minimal in the path C: Program / Minimal and paste in the folder the recovery.img, run cmd.exe type the following commands

Code:
    adb devices
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flash recovery namerecovery.img
    fastboot reboot
  11. finished the start of the phone, turn it off and go into recovery mode (volume down + power button)
  12. flash Magisk from the sd
  13. turn on the cell phone and the root is done

Special thanks

oF2pks for the TWRP
munjeni for the newflasher
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to theflanker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift theflanker Ad-Free
27th December 2018, 04:14 PM |#2  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 318

More
So, what do we lose in this process? Granted it's been reported that the camera is working without the need for a DRM fix, but do we lose other things like video and sound enchantment options?
28th December 2018, 10:33 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have pie stock...can i start guide from point 10 ?
28th December 2018, 07:25 PM |#4  
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbrat

So, what do we lose in this process? Granted it's been reported that the camera is working without the need for a DRM fix, but do we lose other things like video and sound enchantment options?

look at this thread for backup/restore your DRM keys
29th December 2018, 01:45 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

In my experience I can tell you that nothing is lost on the camera neither in the sound effects nor the color effects on the photos ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilblago81

I have pie stock...can i start guide from point 10 ?

Absolutely yes

From the use I note that the recovery doesn't read the internal data, but only the sd card. I still don't understand if it's the firmware that has bugs or the twrp that still isn't calibrated for Adroid Pie.

Edit: I found in the XDA site the recovery for the new firmwre and everything works fine here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theflanker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift theflanker Ad-Free
16th January 2019, 07:34 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkoo1979

Would this work on SOV36 (AU XZ1)?

Honestly I don't know, but if in your device install the firmware that we install in the g8341 means that you can. I'm thinking it's the same thing!
20th January 2019, 03:03 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sorry, but the requirement is always with unlocked bootloader?Thanks
24th January 2019, 07:22 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Wait... I'm confused. I need an unlocked bootloader for this correct? Also, am I missing a step? I can't seem to unlock the bootloader. I have the key from Sony, but whenever I turn off the phone and try to enter bootloader mode (volume up + usb charger), the notification light turns blue, and that's it. Nothing appears on my screen, if I type fastboot devices, no devices appear as listed. And if I try to run the line of code, I'm just stuck "waiting for device" and nothing happens? Am I being stupid and missing something? Don't remember having this many issues with my htc m9.
24th January 2019, 08:09 PM |#10  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 318

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwang040

Wait... I'm confused. I need an unlocked bootloader for this correct? Also, am I missing a step? I can't seem to unlock the bootloader. I have the key from Sony, but whenever I turn off the phone and try to enter bootloader mode (volume up + usb charger), the notification light turns blue, and that's it. Nothing appears on my screen, if I type fastboot devices, no devices appear as listed. And if I try to run the line of code, I'm just stuck "waiting for device" and nothing happens? Am I being stupid and missing something? Don't remember having this many issues with my htc m9.

Are your drivers properly installed reason I am asking is you're not getting a return when you type in fastboot devices, go back to you developer setting, revoke your debugging , then reinstall your drivers turn on USB debugging and see what happens?
25th January 2019, 12:11 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Are your drivers properly installed reason I am asking is you're not getting a return when you type in fastboot devices, go back to you developer setting, revoke your debugging , then reinstall your drivers turn on USB debugging and see what happens?

Hmm, I think I know why it wasn't working? I got the xperia xz1 drivers off of the sony developer website, and I went to device manager and tried to do the legacy driver install, but I keep getting "This device cannot start (code 10)" Maybe that's the issue? And if so, am I installing it wrong or something?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)