Thanks Meter: 18

By landsome, Senior Member on 29th November 2018, 01:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th May 2019, 10:29 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinX3

Changing regions doesn't need an unlocked bootloader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinX3

Just use xperifirm and newflasher to apply a different region.
But remove the userdata.sin if you don't want a full wipe.

Thank you... This one i didn't know...
The Following User Says Thank You to cryss83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cryss83 Ad-Free
1st June 2019, 09:48 PM |#22  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Exactly same problems. I had before this problems, and I still have. New sim card didn't change anything. Also sent phone on service didn't change anything. Very good phone, but I was thinking that mobile phone is for making calls After updating phone 5-6 times with updated firmwares, still same problem. But it is very interesting, this problem are present and then just go away for maybe 1-2 months and then again and again,...
3rd June 2019, 10:44 PM |#23  

More
I have changed my phone and got a brand new... Still the same issue.
2 different sim cards.... Same result.

Really annoying.
9th June 2019, 04:28 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryss83

I have changed my phone and got a brand new... Still the same issue.
2 different sim cards.... Same result.

Really annoying.

Do you have a dead spot in the area(s) where this happens?
9th June 2019, 05:22 PM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by landsome

Do you have a dead spot in the area(s) where this happens?

Nope... As soon as i restart the phone, the connection is back on track... Close to the window in my house it's 4G/LTE, inside the house it's dropping down to Edge... But like i said... When i have the issues, i have no cell reception until i restart the phone...then everything is back to normal.

I recently set the region to europe with the same result... Just yesterday i flashed it to france (even though i'm in germany) and until now: no issues... Keeping my fingers crossed...

Edit: tried "customized europe" and "france" as regions... Same result
Next step will be custom rom and the hope that this bug will we gone.
11th June 2019, 09:07 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Nope... As soon as i restart the phone, the connection is back on track... Close to the window in my house it's 4G/LTE, inside the house it's dropping down to Edge... But like i said... When i have the issues, i have no cell reception until i restart the phone...then everything is back to normal.

I recently set the region to europe with the same result... Just yesterday i flashed it to france (even though i'm in germany) and until now: no issues... Keeping my fingers crossed...

Edit: tried "customized europe" and "france" as regions... Same result
Next step will be custom rom and the hope that this bug will we gone.

I have the same symptoms exactly (though much less now). But that is also around a spot where LTE is borderline (some - 110db). My guess is it's related to this weak 4G signal.
11th June 2019, 09:15 PM |#27  

More
Quote:

I have the same symptoms exactly (though much less now). But that is also around a spot where LTE is borderline (some - 110db). My guess is it's related to this weak 4G signal.

have you tried a custom rom already? or anyone else who got this issue? would be good to know if it is resolved by flashing a custom rom.

edit: i just saw that via xperifirm there is a new firmware available for germany (52.0.a.8.83/r2b) i´m gonna give that a try now and see what happens.

Edit2: same problem as before..
For me, it seems like the mobile phone is not able to switch back to another network (edge for example) if the reception on LTE / 3G was too bad... It just stays that way with no reception.
In may case this happens mostly when i'm at home... And after about 1 or 2 days.
13th June 2019, 09:17 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

In may case this happens mostly when i'm at home... And after about 1 or 2 days.

In my case it used to happen every 2-3 days until some 5 months ago, almost always at home where I have an almost dead spot for LTE. Then it disappeared completely for some 4-5 months after an update. Then reemerged with latest fw, but only happened twice in one month, and once it was - curiously - only for data, not voice (go figure!). So no intention to get custom fw. I have a widget (Cell Widget) that tells me at all time the status of my network.
13th June 2019, 09:47 AM |#29  

More
Quote:

In my case it used to happen every 2-3 days until some 5 the ago, almost always at home where I have an almost dead spot for LTE. Then it disappeared completely for some 4-5 the after an update. Then reemerged with latest fw, but only happened twice in one month, and once it was - curiously - only for data, not voice (go figure!). So no intention to get custom fw. I have a widget (Cell Widget) that tells me at all time the status of my network.

Once or twice a month would be alright for me.
I really need to get this fixed as it is really annoying and i really wonder what strange circumstances have to come together for this to happen... If it was a regular bug more people would complain about it... But it has to do with provider signal strengths ans such things.... Like i said before: i had this with another xz2 compact as well i've returned that because i thought it was defective.

Edit: strangely enough: as it seems this issue seems to have stopped or has dropped to a minimum...
I don't know why but within the past few days this issue has stopped to exist.
I haven't changed anything lately so it is either cell carrier sided or somehow otherwise unexplainable.. But i am happy for now and hopefully will be in the future.
30th July 2019, 10:57 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Had anyone any luck with this? I am having the same issue. My provider is Telekom Hungary. It is really annoying.
29th August 2019, 12:24 AM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaTina512

Had anyone any luck with this? I am having the same issue. My provider is Telekom Hungary. It is really annoying.

Nope
All i can say is that it is an issue with switching between different networks (2G/3G/4G)
I'm on holidays in france now where i'm constantly at 4G+ and i don't have this issue at all!

Even though the reception is not ideal, i'm still on 4G+ but somehow at home if the signal is going a little weaker i'm switched back to a slower network and THEN the problem occurs again.

Edit:
For me it would be interesting to know if someone had this issue first, then used a custom rom and the issued was gone... Any chance anyone experienced that? If yes... Which rom was used?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)