Root xz2 compact?

Search This thread

whiteduck89

Jan 20, 2015
Melbourne
As far as I'm aware, it's not yet possible without losing DRM. You lose DRM, no more access to Sony apps including camera.

It's currently a case of hurry up and wait until someone figures it out :)

deep66it

Jun 15, 2010
Good evening, I proceeded to unlock the bootloader now I'm without a camera (whatsapp web I can not use it ....)
can the xz2 root procedure be applied to the xz2 compact ???

Thanks and good things to everyone

whiteduck89

Jan 20, 2015
Melbourne
@mark788 no idea. I'm not a dev so don't understand all the intricacies in it. Seems like there aren't many, if any, devs using this phone so we may never be able to properly root or flash this phone. Sony have released the AOSP code but that still needs dev input.
@deep66it pretty sure you're stuck now. Once the DRM keys are broken, there isn't a way to restore them at present. Hopefully someone else can chime in and correct me.

Raphos

Jul 31, 2015
Elsass
Hi,

Good evening, I proceeded to unlock the bootloader now I'm without a camera (whatsapp web I can not use it ....)

Unfortunately you had to reed the forum before unlocking the bootloader. The camera broken question was approached... Loss of drm keys and TA partition is a known problem about Sony phones.
Now you have to wait that someone find a drm fix to use your camera again.
Otherwise you can try to install AOSP build if you are motivated : https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/guides/aosp-build-instructions/

I will be more optimistic than whiteduck89 about this phone. Xz2 Compact is recognized as a good phone and it will take place like the Z3 Compact in the smartphone world (Z5 Compact get drm fix, TA partition restoration, LineageOs,... and it was not so brilliant).

Sure we have to wait 6 month or one year until this all will be done.

deep66it

Jun 15, 2010
Hi,

Unfortunately you had to reed the forum before unlocking the bootloader. The camera broken question was approached... Loss of drm keys and TA partition is a known problem about Sony phones.

Otherwise you can try to install AOSP build if you are motivated :

URL="https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/guides/aosp-build-instructions/"]https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/guides/aosp-build-instructions/[/URL

I will be more optimistic than whiteduck89 about this phone. Xz2 Compact is recognized as a good phone and it will take place like the Z3 Compact in the smartphone world (Z5 Compact get drm fix, TA partition restoration, LineageOs,... and it was not so brilliant).

Hello, excuse me for my English, please let me know:
with AOSP (or better) with GitHub, today, I solve the problem of the camera and the root of this my unlocked xz2 compact ???

Pierfranc

Nov 20, 2011
Hi,

Otherwise you can try to install AOSP build if you are motivated : https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/guides/aosp-build-instructions/

Why so much time for a custom ROM? And also, any safe way to root? To me it's important for backup and many other things.

serajr

Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
somebody knows the procedure to take root permission on xz2c?
thanks

Thanks and good things to everyone

Regarding root only, as long as you unlock the bootloader of your device (agreeing to the terms of sony): do this, and you're done!

mark788

Jul 14, 2018
And with this procedure I have no problems? all the programs like the camera etc. work good?

mark788

Jul 14, 2018
Can i ask you When a simple procedure or toolkit will be disclosed to safely run the root? Thank you

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts