By braveally, Senior Member on 13th April 2018, 08:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th July 2018, 07:06 AM |#121  
Flag Steamboat Springs, CO
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehBrY

Thanks for the thorough explanation. Now what is the easiest way to flash those us files on the dual sim? I need to get mine ready. Does it factory reset the phone in anyway? Where can I find instructions to flash. Is there any way to do the flashing without a computer?

So flashing will only give us volte on verizon? Also need volte on tmobile working. Are any devs modding the modem files so that we can bypass any block or having no approval from tmobile/sony to certify volte for compact?

No you don't have to factory reset the phone I recall. I don't have my XZ2 Compact anymore as the speakers started crackling...but yeah it's pretty easy.

I think I downloaded the USA firmware using XperiFirm and then used NewFlasher to *only* flash the OEM.sin and OEM_Extra.sin files...this didn't affect the phone in any way I could tell except that it enabled Verizon VoLTE. It did not enable T-Mobile VoLTE however...but this was a month or two ago so maybe Sony has gotten T-Mo VoLTE working? Not sure. Good luck!

25th August 2018, 12:19 AM |#122  
Flag West Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Issue resolved.
1st October 2018, 12:14 PM |#123  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I have H8314 and VoLTE is still not working on T-Mobile
8th October 2018, 10:49 PM |#124  
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I have to say, even though I seem to be one of the first people to get this phone working fully on Verizon, sometimes I have issues where I'll get an error about receiving a text message. No matter how many times I retry, I am unable to receive it. And when I haven't been texting someone, it's hard to know who sent me a message, and thus I can't really contact them to figure out what I missed. Usually messages go through fine, but this is definitely an irritating bug. It's really one of few issues I have with this phone. (The other being the camera crash I started a thread about.) I am using Textra.
23rd October 2018, 07:54 AM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HD Voice on Verizon Prepaid with XZ2c
I just activated an H8314 on prepaid and was told HD Voice wasn't supported for this phone... anyone else get this? Is this a prepaid thing (although supposedly prepaids get HD voice)? Or did they remove it from the list due to some of the problems people had? What gives?
23rd October 2018, 09:19 PM |#126  
Flag Rochester

More
I actually just deactivated it AND reactivated it today trying to troubleshoot MMS. (Seems like you need to use the actual Verizon Messages app sadly.) So it seems like it's still an option. Maybe check back after in case it takes a bit to update your options. If that doesn't work, I'd call Verizon and ask about it.
23rd October 2018, 09:25 PM |#127  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange96

I actually just deactivated it AND reactivated it today trying to troubleshoot MMS. (Seems like you need to use the actual Verizon Messages app sadly.) So it seems like it's still an option. Maybe check back after in case it takes a bit to update your options. If that doesn't work, I'd call Verizon and ask about it.

Thanks. Did you just enable/disable through myverizon?

For your MMS issues do you have the newest SIM? I burned 3 hours of my life yesterday because I picked up a brand new sim from an authorized reseller that was apparently fairly old. It let data and text through, but gave server error on voice calls.
24th October 2018, 12:12 AM |#128  
Flag Rochester

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulderjoe

Thanks. Did you just enable/disable through myverizon?

For your MMS issues do you have the newest SIM? I burned 3 hours of my life yesterday because I picked up a brand new sim from an authorized reseller that was apparently fairly old. It let data and text through, but gave server error on voice calls.

I had to do it through the site. The app doesn't have the option to disable or enable that.
I think my SIM is fairly new. I got it off Amazon though, so who knows. I'm able to get calls/data/texts. Just for some reason Textra anyway doesn't play nicely with MMS. Verizon's texting app works fine with it though. And actually isn't as bad an app as I expected.
9th December 2018, 03:07 AM |#129  

More
I plan to switch from AT&T to Verizon. Before doing so, I am wondering whether Wifi-Calling is enabled for XZ2C with Verizon? ( I know some earlier discussion here indicates NOT, then how is the situation now?)
20th December 2018, 09:42 PM |#130  
Flag Southeastern Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 991

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wforsphone

I plan to switch from AT&T to Verizon. Before doing so, I am wondering whether Wifi-Calling is enabled for XZ2C with Verizon? ( I know some earlier discussion here indicates NOT, then how is the situation now?)

So I tried this out yesterday. Disconnected the Compact from the data network, but while connected to wifi attempted to make a call, after confirming with Verizon that wifi calling was enabled on my account. The call went through. So, while the call won't indicate across the bottom that it's a wifi call (like my HTC handsets used to), the H8314, the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact does provide for wifi calling on the Verizon network.
1st January 2019, 04:55 AM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thinking about buying a couple of these to replace our aging 2013 Motorola Moto X phones with Verizon... but a little hesitant. Can anyone provide answers or verify the below:
1. H8314 (single SIM) works with no issues on Verizon?
2. I may have to mess with HD voice to get it working?
3. What's the deal with texting and MMS messages, does it work or not? Reliably?
4. Stuck with the Moto X (developer) because it could be unlocked and rooted... what's the deal with the XZ2c? Can I root it? What about unlocking the bootloader as well? And do I have it right that you might be able to unlock and keep the stock camera working? If you unlock and lose the DRM whatever, is the camera still usable (with a 3rd party app) or does the camera completely quit working.

Frustrated as heck because I want a better spec'd phone that's not a flipping tablet on my face and nobody seems to make one. This comes along, hear it works on Verizon, and been waiting for prices to drop and now that I start digging in it seems like this thing's kind of a turd?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
verizon

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)