Also mainlining your favorite snapdragon powered xperia device into the mainline kernel is possible and we will be glad to help you!
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
- If your stock camera preview is black, please follow this issue ticket.
- Just wiping your phone in TWRP lead into an encrypted & not readable userdata in the stock system.
You need to open advanced wiping and check the entries data and internal storage.
Of course clear the dalvik, too.
- If you backed up system and/or vendor partitions and you want to restore them, make sure that TWRP setting "Use rm -rf instead of formatting" is set!.
- If after the usage of NewFlasher or the OTA Updater or something else, which installs stock firmware parts you get stuck into the TWRP or SONY Logo, you need again to disable the verification with the vbmeta.img file and its parameters in fastboot.
- fastboot & adb
- Weird problems not easily to reproduce by other users require that you make sure, that you
- Use the newest platform tools (adb & fastboot)
- Downloaded the newest firmware via Xperifirm from XDA and installed the newest firmware via Newflasher from XDA
- Newflasher from XDA
- Xperifirm from XDA
- Removing the stock bloat apps via titanium backup may result in a boot loop. Use a file explorer to remove them, disable them or try to use my unfinished bloat removal script at github.
- Your phone reboots into recovery, instead of system? Maybe it crashed too often due to a wrong installation or whatever?
- Please replace it with an empty string.
- The "fastboot boot twrp.img" doesn't work, if you use the hardware buttons to open the blue fastboot bootloader mode. Only use adb, twrp or the android system to reboot into blue fastboot bootloader mode or flash the twrp.img, boot the device, reboot into bootloader and flash the original boot.img back, before booting into twrp.
You can also "fastboot reboot bootloader" in the blue fastboot mode.
This is a bootloader bug, maybe it gets fixed with the stock Q bootloader.
- TWRP Bugtracker -> If you think the problem is in TWRP
- My Bugtracker -> If you think the problem is in my implementation
- A bugreport needs your device name, dmesg, the /tmp/recovery.log and a way to reproduce the issue.
- If the TWRP is stuck at the TWRP logo, the chances are high, that the decryption didn't succeed.
- The TWRP should be still usable if you just "fastboot boot twrp.img" it.
- To rescue a not responding phone:
- VOLUP+POWER for 3 Seconds -> RESTART with one Vibration.
- VOLUP+POWER for 20 Seconds -> SHUTDOWN with 3 Vibrations.
- VOLUP+POWER+CAMERA for 30 Seconds -> HARDWARE SHUTDOWN by discharging a capacitor.
Thank you very much for your help, code contribution & testing! (Random order):
- @dees_troy and his team of volunteers for the TWRP code
- @M-ROM for his hint activating the touch in TWRP
- @Klaus N.
- @j4nn for hacking the kernel to make "fastboot boot twrp.img" possible
- @shoey63 for testing @j4nn 's hack
- @oshmoun for a better "fastboot boot twrp.img" solution
- @dhacke thank your for providing a download server
- Shame on me if I forgot someone after searching through the thread and my PM's!
- And many thanks to the few donators!
A telegram group for technical SODP stuff:
TWRP, ROM for the Xperia XZ2
MartinX3, oshmoun, Marijn, Sony
Source Code: https://github.com/MartinX3-AndroidDevelopment
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Matching to firmware in twrp name
Based On: AOSP
Current Stable Version: 3.3.1-0
Stable Release Date: 2019-08-10
Last Updated 2020-06-20