FORUMS

View Poll Results: Should I continue this project?

Yes, for the XZ2.

27 Vote(s)
29.35%
Yes, for the XZ2C.

36 Vote(s)
39.13%
Yes, for the XZ3.

28 Vote(s)
30.43%
No.

1 Vote(s)
1.09%

[ROM][AOSP][XZ2, XZ2C, XZ3] SonyAOSP 10.0.0_r21 [BETA]

4,738 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,431

By MartinX3, Recognized Contributor on 29th September 2019, 04:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The Sony Open Devices Project is always happy about volunteers (coding, testing, etc)

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
This is the AOSP ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ2 (akari), XZ2C (apollo) and XZ3 (akatsuki)

This ROM build will always mainly based on Sony AOSP Code and maybe include cherry-picks.
I plan to make monthly builds, after a new security patch level and the OEM binary got fully implemented, if there is no need for a critical hotfix.

FAQ:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerpelea

for a complete security patch you have to
1. flash the stock firmware using https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/flash-tool/
2. build and flash the ROM
* The security patch may affect or not the proprietary parts depending on HW and implementation
* After official support ends you can still get security updates for kernel and Android but loader and firmware will be stuck to the latest official release

Known Bugs:
Bugtracker:
Bugreport:
  • A bugreport needs logcat, dmesg and a way to reproduce the issue.
  • A crash of the system requires the content of the /sys/fs/pstore folder as bug report
    • Be aware that a second reboot erases this folder
  • A crash to the recovery partition requires additionally the content of the /dev/block/by-name/misc partition
    • You get the content via `cat /dev/block/by-name/misc partition > /path/to/output/file.txt`
  • To rescue a not responding phone:
    • VOLUP+POWER for 3 Seconds -> RESTART with one Vibration.
    • VOLUP+POWER for 20 Seconds -> SHUTDOWN with 3 Vibrations.
    • VOLUP+POWER+CAMERA for 30 Seconds -> HARDWARE SHUTDOWN by discharging a capacitor.

Thank you very much for your help, code contribution & testing! (Random order):
  • @jerpelea and the entire SODP developers paid by and get inventory from the sony company and their volunteers coding this wonderful piece of software
  • @dhacke thank your for providing a download server
  • And many thanks to the few donators!

A telegram group for technical SODP stuff:
https://t.me/xda_tv

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSP, ROM for the Xperia XZ2

Contributors
MartinX3, Sony, SonyAOSP
Source Code: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Stock Firmware
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-09-29
Last Updated 2020-02-02
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MartinX3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MartinX3 Ad-Free
29th September 2019, 04:23 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Download & Installation
Download:
Installation:
  1. FASTBOOT
    1. fastboot flash boot boot.img
    2. fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    3. fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    4. fastboot flash system system.img
    5. fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    6. fastboot flash oem oem_*.img (Tama (latest) -> https://developer.sony.com/file/down...nel-4-14-tama/
    7. (Optional, but mandatory on first boot) fastboot flash userdata userdata.img -> will factory reset the device.
  2. Reboot into SYSTEM
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinX3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MartinX3 Ad-Free
29th September 2019, 04:23 PM |#3  

Donate to Me
More
News
Quote:

now android 10.0.0_r21
january security patch level
oemv3 -> initial volte/vowifi support and better camera
and an other sodp open source change since my last build

and i renamed the thread from alpha to beta and removed the unstable marking.
(it seems the rom was already stable since the last build in december)

thanks going to the entire sony open devices team containing volunteers and sony employees.
Everyone who want to help with coding can use the link in the first post on the first page)

ps: Camera is work in progress.

Quote:

rebuild after the new oem v2c release with the newest code changes and december security update.
Oem change -> "fixed incall sound"

i switched now back to self build kernels instead of using the prebuild ones to include the newest changes.
(since the oem releases in the beginning of development are faster than usual to test, report, debug the update interval of the prebuild kernels is too slow; of course this will change after we move back to monthly oem updates)

looks like with oemv3a we will move into the beta status.
(and i think then i will remove the unstable marker. It is stable, too at the moment, but i don't want to remove the marker too early)

thanks going to the entire sony open devices team containing volunteers and sony employees.
Everyone who want to help with coding can use the link in the first post on the first page)

Quote:

rebuild after the new oem v2b release with the newest code changes.
Adsp update and keymaster update in the closed source binaries.

Now the work in progress camera driver is usable, also the encryption, decryption and the lockscreen usage.
The xz3 should now be bootable, too.

Instead of building the kernel myself, i use now the prebuild and tested kernels by sodp.
The current one is 5 days old and doesn't include the newest stabilization update for the smd845, which is under internal testing.
But it is already pretested. :d

Quote:

rebuild after the new oem v2a release with the newest code changes and android 10.0.0_r10 (november security level).
Providing now single and dual sim builds
many stability updates
added camera, sound calibration, sensors. Also fixed keymaster and adreno.
And other fixes and optimizations.

Ps: Camera is work in progress. Now since it is compatible with kernel 4.14 the further updates/upgrades will be made here.
Aaaaaand we (will) support 120fps and hdr out of the box.

Quote:

rebuild after the new oem v1c release with the newest code changes.

Quote:

rebuild after the new oem v1b release with the newest code changes.
Boot to android is possible since oemv1b.

Quote:

with the new oem v1b blobs the tama devices are bootable to android.

Quote:

first alpha rom for the xz2, xz2 compact, xz3.
It will be stuck at sony logo and reveal a full adb shell.
It is single sim, since having a working mobile network is not a priority right now. (too unstable rom).

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinX3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MartinX3 Ad-Free
29th September 2019, 04:28 PM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

first alpha rom for the xz2, xz2 compact, xz3.
It will be stuck at sony logo and reveal a full adb shell.
It is Single Sim, since having a working mobile network is not a priority right now. (Too unstable rom).

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinX3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MartinX3 Ad-Free
1st October 2019, 10:06 PM |#6  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 17

More
There has been an update of SW binaries today

UPDATE1
Managed to boot android 10 with SW binaries ver. 1b from 1st October after flashing vbmeta from twrp section with command fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img. Device: Dualsim akatsuki 9436

UPDATE2
Still very unstable - after booting and turning the screen off to sleep, the phone goes into recovery and asks to wipe data / factory reset. So it is basically unusable at this point.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozamyatin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ozamyatin Ad-Free
2nd October 2019, 12:56 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozamyatin

UPDATE1
Managed to boot android 10 with SW binaries ver. 1b from 1st October after flashing vbmeta from twrp section with command fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img. Device: Dualsim akatsuki 9436

UPDATE2
Still very unstable - after booting and turning the screen off to sleep, the phone goes into recovery and asks to wipe data / factory reset. So it is basically unusable at this point.

But it least it boot once😁
The Following User Says Thank You to dhacke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhacke Ad-Free
2nd October 2019, 11:49 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozamyatin

UPDATE1

UPDATE2

Thank you for your test!

What's the crash log in the/sys/fs/pstore/ folder right after boot after the crash happened?
(A second boot after the crash would delete the pstore logs)
2nd October 2019, 01:29 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

With the new OEM v1b blobs the tama devices are bootable to android.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinX3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MartinX3 Ad-Free
3rd October 2019, 03:06 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Rebuild after the new OEM v1b release with the newest code changes.
Boot to android is possible since OEMv1b.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinX3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MartinX3 Ad-Free
4th October 2019, 10:44 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Rebuild after the new OEM v1c release with the newest code changes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinX3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MartinX3 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)