• Total voters
Search This thread

zhka

Nov 12, 2010
Thank you!
Which device exactly?
I will report it! :)
As and yesterday, still xz2c/dual :)
Another one - can't turn on fingerprint lock+pin.
I enter pin, then shows re-enter pin, then I press confirm - and nothing happens. Still same window with re-enter pin.
Camera says "Can't connect to the camera".
Laggy interface.

Reactions: MartinX3

ozamyatin

Oct 23, 2016
Moscow
Massive shout-out to @MartinX3 for bringing back dual sim XZ3 9436 builds! I was so determined they should be compiled that I even tried to compile it on my own. But I would always get wpa-supplicant-8 error suggesting that I am missing dependencies or some files from the repo. Never figured out how to force export ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true, however.

UPDATE
Checked out both latest versions - single and dual-sim XZ3, with --disable-verity --disable-verification and oem flashed on both oem_a and oem_b partitions. No version would allow phone to boot. Only the initial first Android 10 build would work for me in terms of booting up the device. It stucks at sony logo since then.

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
Massive shout-out to @MartinX3 for bringing back dual sim XZ3 9436 builds! I was so determined they should be compiled that I even tried to compile it on my own. But I would always get wpa-supplicant-8 error suggesting that I am missing dependencies or some files from the repo. Never figured out how to force export ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true, however.

UPDATE
Checked out both latest versions - single and dual-sim XZ3, with --disable-verity --disable-verification and oem flashed on both oem_a and oem_b partitions. No version would allow phone to boot. Only the initial first Android 10 build would work for me in terms of booting up the device. It stucks at sony logo since then.
Is ADB available?
Can you give me the dmesg and logcat?

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2

Your usecase might be stable (I am happy about that), but maybe another usecase may trigger a bug.
I better stay conservative.
With OEMv3 I may mark it as beta. instead of alpha

Ah, the cameradriver isn't accessible at the moment.
This new commit may fixed it and will be shipped in the next release somewhen until/with OEMv3.
https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/device-sony-common/commit/a4ded56853d21f986fd7de209c087b3c09bb680e

Edit:
https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/kernel/pull/2107
Here. there is more to stabilize.

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
4.14 vs 4.9 photo comparisation

The bright red photo is from 4.9
The orange light photo is from 4.14
Both are made with the buildin camera app.
No GCAM or anything else was used to make the photo better.

Please note that the camera is still under heavy development and will change completely.
This is still just basic functionality and a showcase of the progress.
Camera development is a very difficult task.

1. The 4.9 kernel photo was made with totally manual controls, including manual focus
  2. The 4.14 kernel photo was made with only manual white balance control because auto white balance is broken on 4.14 (it's not calibrated yet)

Reading text on 4.14 photos is easier.
4.14 has a better color range.
The minimal iso of 4.14 is now 100 instead of 450 on the 4.9 kernel.
4.14 has less noise.

PS:
The "could not connect to camera" error will be fixed in the next release.
The fix just came shortly after my release and due to my limited time I can't easily build and publish new releases fast.

Attachments

• IMG_20191121_184106.jpg
    IMG_20191121_184106.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_20191121_184016.jpg
    IMG_20191121_184016.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

zhka

Nov 12, 2010

nKiii_XperiaXZ2

Nov 27, 2019
Can u help me?? i ve an old italian room and i just put an PIN than cant remember... i wanna put this firmware but i dont know how, im traing to reset the mobile with flashtool but i cant do it... any idea please?? i ve been 2 hours searching already...

EDIT: i just can restart the phone with Xperia Companion, but i still dont know how to put this firmware...

Last edited:

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
Can u help me?? i ve an old italian room and i just put an PIN than cant remember... i wanna put this firmware but i dont know how, im traing to reset the mobile with flashtool but i cant do it... any idea please?? i ve been 2 hours searching already...

EDIT: i just can restart the phone with Xperia Companion, but i still dont know how to put this firmware...

Please follow the instructions carefully.
Or wait for an stable release.

And if you lost your pin, you need to fullwipe your phone.

(PS: I use Newflasher and Xperifirm from XDA -> use their XDA threads in you have questions about how to use them)

nKiii_XperiaXZ2

Nov 27, 2019
Please follow the instructions carefully.
Or wait for an stable release.

And if you lost your pin, you need to fullwipe your phone.

(PS: I use Newflasher and Xperifirm from XDA -> use their XDA threads in you have questions about how to use them)

The phone has parts were tactil doesnt work and the micro neither... i ll send to repair first becouse its anoying...

Thanks""

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
OEM v2b which makes the XZ3 bootable, the decryption/encryption and pin support working plus other stability fixes are on the horizon.
Including backported exFAT filesystem support.

I would be happy if someone test the XZ3 and the exFAT sdcard support after my next release and report back. :)

PS:
Further camera updates should come with OEMv3 in maybe end of December.

Reactions: ozamyatin

ozamyatin

Oct 23, 2016
Moscow
OEM v2b which makes the XZ3 bootable, the decryption/encryption and pin support working plus other stability fixes are on the horizon.
Including backported exFAT filesystem support.

I would be happy if someone test the XZ3 and the exFAT sdcard support after my next release and report back. :)

PS:
Further camera updates should come with OEMv3 in maybe end of December.
U can count on me bro! Thanks for the info :fingers-crossed::good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/latest-updates

OEMv2 got released
    Added camera, sound calibration, sensors. Also fixed keymaster and Adreno.

The ROM also got stability updates and enhancements.

The next release I will publish will contain a better camera and fixes against the sound issues (compared to my android 9.0 builds with kernel 4.9).

The XZ2, XZ2c & XZ3 are on a good way thanks to the Sony Open Devices Developers (Volunteers and Sony Employees). :D
    The Sony Open Devices Project is always happy about volunteers (coding, testing, etc) :)
    Also mainlining your favorite snapdragon powered xperia device into the mainline kernel is possible and we will be glad to help you!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

This is the AOSP ROM for the Sony Xperia XZ2 (akari), XZ2C (apollo) and XZ3 (akatsuki)

This ROM build will always mainly based on Sony AOSP Code and maybe include cherry-picks.
    I plan to make monthly builds, after a new security patch level, if there is no need for a critical hotfix.

FAQ:
    jerpelea said:
    for a complete security patch you have to
    1. flash the stock firmware using https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/flash-tool/
    2. build and flash the ROM
    * The security patch may affect or not the proprietary parts depending on HW and implementation
    * After official support ends you can still get security updates for kernel and Android but loader and firmware will be stuck to the latest official release

Bugtracker:

Bugreport:
    • A bugreport needs
      Code:
      logcat -b all
      and a way to reproduce the issue.
    • A crash of the system requires the content of the /sys/fs/pstore folder as bug report
      • Be aware that a second reboot erases this folder
    • A crash to the recovery partition requires additionally the content of the /dev/block/by-name/misc partition
      • You get the content via `cat /dev/block/by-name/misc partition > /path/to/output/file.txt`
    • To rescue a not responding phone:
      • VOLUP+POWER for 3 Seconds -> RESTART with one Vibration.
      • VOLUP+POWER for 20 Seconds -> SHUTDOWN with 3 Vibrations.
      • VOLUP+POWER+CAMERA for 30 Seconds -> HARDWARE SHUTDOWN by discharging a capacitor.

Thank you very much for your help, code contribution & testing! (Random order):
    • @jerpelea, the sony employees and their volunteers (people like you and me) coding this wonderful piece of software
    • @dhacke for providing a download server
    • @Raphos for the initial installation manual without a recovery system, after I switched to OTA zips.
    • @kgvarunkanth for the jenkins build server
    • And many thanks to the few donators! :)

A telegram group for technical SODP stuff:

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP, ROM for the Xperia XZ2

Contributors
    MartinX3, Sony, SonyAOSP
    Source Code: https://github.com/sonyxperiadev

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Stock Firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    No Longer Updated
    Current Stable Version: 10

Created 2019-09-29
    Last Updated 2020-10-23
    Ok, now using it as my daily driver, as far no issues. Lacking suport for night light mode aka yellow screen and ambient display on proximity and accelerometer. Also no Widevine support then no Netflix., the only drawback for me. And GPay do not pass the security test, supposedly due to selinux or something else. :confused:
    LDAC is not working correctly, stuttering audio on every single codec except SBC at 44.1 KHz. KCal is broken.

Installation procedure:
    • Install the ROM as per OP's guide
    • Install Magisk Manager 7.4.0
    • Copy boot.img to the device via mtp at e.g. /sdcard or /sdcard/downloads
    • Install magisk via magisk manager, chose Manually patch image and select the previously copied boot.img
    • The resulted magisk-patched.img has to be copied back to pc
    • flash magisk-patched.img via fastboot
    • download lastest opengapps beta nano for android 10 (nothing more than 250 Mb)
    • Copy opengapps.zip to the device via mtp
    • Install FK Kernel Manager
    • In FK chose Flasher, uncheck the Reboot after flashing
    • Chose Manual Flasher and pick your opengapps.zip
    • Once flashed go to System settings - System - Reset - Factory reset aka wype everything
    • Wait for the first boot and perform a normal setup with your google account
    • Profit!;)

https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/manager-v7.4.0/MagiskManager-v7.4.0.apk
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/op...ps-arm64-10.0-nano-20191209-BETA.zip/download
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.kernel

Good luck and keep looking at what you're doing, be ready to use Emma flasher and got your data lost.
    Disclaimer: everything at your own risk
    Download & Installation

Download ROM:

Download Drivers:
    • OEM (Tama) binaries
      • Please use the the OEM build which came before my last release, unless otherwise written.

GCAM Camera App:
    • Suggested GCams But GCAM's aren't usable at the moment until a camera hardware resource budget bug got fixed in the OEM binary blob.

Installation with a recovery:
    1. fastboot flash oem_a oem_*.img
    2. fastboot flash oem_b oem_*.img
    3. Flash the ROM in a recovery
    4. Reboot into recovery just to make sure you're on the new slot
    5. OpenGapps
    6. Dual Sim Patcher
    7. (In case a modification prevents your device from booting) fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Flash the ROM without a recovery:
    1. Extract the payload.bin from the .zip file
    2. Extract the .img files with the Playload Dumper
    3. fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
    4. fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
    5. fastboot flash dtbo_a dtbo.img
    6. fastboot flash dtbo_b dtbo.img
    7. fastboot flash system_a system.img
    8. fastboot flash system_b system.img
    9. fastboot flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
    10. fastboot flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img
    11. fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img
    12. fastboot flash vendor_b vendor.img
    13. fastboot -w (Wipes your internal storage and the userdata)
    14. Continue with the normal installation
    Is there changelog for the new oem? :)

Yes, the new OEMv2c fixes the incall audio :D

Currently I'm compiling the new release with every fix and optimization in the open source part made since last release + dezember security patch level.