Android 10 is rolling out (52.1.A.0.532)

Search This thread

andypandypops

Apr 9, 2013
7 days on from the update and fingerprint scanner works first time. The memory is usually at about 55%. IT Runs very fast. Apps are loading better than pie. Battery lasts all day. Very happy so far.

Dec 6, 2017
Hey guys, latest update fixed fingerprint delay for me, at least a little bit. But I think I have fix for that anyway.
So, I realised that the fingerprint is working slower only if my phone is idle (locked and screen off) for more than 5 mins. So I was thinking about that and battery savings are doing that +/-. What I did:
Go to apps&notifications - advenced - apps with special access - battery saving. Now search for FingerprintExtensionService and turn off the battery optimization on this. Testing from 2 days, unlocking with fingerprint even after the night without delay. Remember that, it does work for me but doesn't have to work for you, because as I can see every phone reacts different. I'm just sharing My experience with you. Let Me know if it works. I'm also trying to run gesture navigation, if I will figure this out I'm gonna write a post too. Peace ✌️

andypandypops

Apr 9, 2013
Also slightly different update for 4 and 6gb xz3 versions. Sony should have given all xz3's 6 GB of LPDDR4X RAM. The 6gb version has not suffered the same fingerprint inaccuracy.

Jul 11, 2019
Hi. I am having problems with the update. I get random reboots and then no service and SIM and WiFi disconnects random. Does anyone have a fix for this? I've factory reset and it's not worked. Spoke to Sony who reckon it's a hardware issue. I beg to differ as it was fine before the update.

Dec 6, 2017
Xperia xz3 android 10 (hopefully fix?)

Hey guys, it's me again.

Finally some good news.

The latest 52.1.A.2.1 build seems to fix mostly everything, but you have to install it correctly and change some options.

Before you gonna start I recommend to make a backup of your internal storage (it's gonna be deleted).

Once you've done your backup do these steps:

1. Settings - System - Advenced - Reset options - Erase all data (factory reset)

2. DON'T configure the phone, don't login into google or anything else, basically just wait until startup only.

3. Install Sony PC Companion on your PC, once you've done that, connect the phone to the PC (try using original USB-C cable and make sure it's connected straight to the motherboard at the back, avoid connecting the USB to the front panel, it seems stupid but it's really making a difference)

4. When Sony PC companion recognises xperia XZ3 press "software repair" button

5. Now go through the instructions shown on the screen.

6. When everything is done wait until xz3 starts up

7. Configure everything like google and everything what you should during a first boot.

8. When home screen appears, go into the Settings-About phone-build number (type 5 times until developer options will show up)

9. Go into developer options (settings - system - developer options) and change:

-Logger Buffer Sizes - 1 M per log buffer (you
don't have to change this option but it seems to
run better while using for couple of days)

-Tethering hardware acceleration - OFF (fixing
some apps crashes
(chrome for example), fixing random animation
lags and some other things, just making device
rock stable)

10. Go into Settings - Apps&notifications - Advenced - Special app access -
Power-saving feature - select "all apps" - search
for:
"FingerprintExtensionService" - tap, set "don't
optimise" then "done" - It's turning off battery
savings for fingerprint, because of that it's
working well all the time even if STAMINA mode
is enabled
*This option is also usable for online music apps (spotify, dizz, tidal) Why? Because when you're listening to music in the background with STAMINA mode enabled, your music won't load due to mobile data savings.

11. Reboot the device and use it as you usually do.

Also remember that, features like NFC, BT, Mobile data, printing services and location are turned on after first startup, turn them off to have better battery life.

I think that's it. I've tested this method on 2 devices, both working great now.

Cheers guys I hope I will be able to help you, if something is wrong feel free to ask
Let me know, peace

Last edited:
Reactions: borkson

MegaSharkXDA

Dec 24, 2010
Hey guys, it's me again.

Finally some good news.

The latest 52.1.A.2.1 build seems to fix mostly everything, but you have to install it correctly and change some options.

Before you gonna start I recommend to make a backup of your internal storage (it's gonna be deleted).

1. Settings - System - Advenced - Reset options - Erase all data (factory reset)

2. DON'T configure the phone, don't login into google or anything else, basically just wait until startup only.

3. Install Sony PC Companion on your PC, once you've done that, connect the phone to the PC (try using original USB-C cable and make sure it's connected straight to the motherboard at the back, avoid connecting the USB to the front panel, it seems stupid but it's really making a difference)

7. Configure everything like google and everything what you should during a first boot.

8. When home screen appears, go into the Settings-About phone-build number (type 5 times until developer options will show up)

9. Go into developer options (settings - system - developer options) and change:

some apps crashes
rock stable)

for:
is enabled
*This option is also usable for online music apps (spotify, dizz, tidal) Why? Because when you're listening to music in the background with STAMINA mode enabled, your music won't load due to mobile data savings.

Also remember that, features like NFC, BT, Mobile data, printing services and location are turned on after first startup, turn them off to have better battery life.

I think that's it. I've tested this method on 2 devices, both working great now.

Cheers guys I hope I will be able to help you, if something is wrong feel free to ask
Let me know, peace

Care to try this on 52.1.A.3.20?

Last edited:

Dec 6, 2017
Latest build for Me & My friend is 52.1.A.2.1.
When I'll get an update I'm goin' to do my best to let all of you be happy because it's really great and very unliked phone in my opinion.
Sorry for that I'm not doing tests and experiments like that as quick as I can, but I'm using My XZ3 as a daily phone.
For now I'm hard focused to run gesture navigation, but nothing for now, even forcing it from ADB doesn't work.

Last edited:

Dec 6, 2017
52.1.A.3.20

I've got an 52.1.A.3.20 update this morning.
I've just checked the most annyoing bugs, and they are finally fixed!
Fingerprint is working perfectly (thats weird, but even in my plastic gloves at work My XZ3 can recognise My finger!!) So I thing they had to improve the sensitivity. Finally.
And the "speaker mode" is also fixed. Before, when I turned on the voice chat in ML or PUBG only the bottom speaker was working and I couldn't hear the game, only the players. The same was when I was connected via BT headset, also fixed now omg finally. Idk how about dirty update, I did clean in the same way I described before. Some of you can try and let us now if it works after updating from the phone.

NightOrchid

Apr 21, 2011
I bought my 8416 Pre-owned from GAME, Unlocked it from Vodafone, then flashed it with latest UK Generic rom from xperifirm and NewFlasher 13, then did a software repair through XP Comanion. and a Factory reset.. working great now on 3.20 :)

Companion fixes everything.. :)

Dec 6, 2017
Hey.
Do any of you have any source of changelogs?
New update appears whith 52.1.A.3.49 number.
Only for US now but I wanna check the changelog.
Cheers and take care guys.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 10 is here! You can now update to 52.1.A.0.532.

Rollout includes Xperia XZ2, XZ2 Compact and XZ2 Premium!

You can check XperiFirm for the detailed rollout. Most of the common European generic customisations are available for dual and single SIM, US as well for single SIM. Very little for Asia so far. Update is around 730MB OTA for DACHBLX.

Dark mode is here! Launcher was not updated, so no gestures, and things like the Google search bar stay light in dark mode as a result. Recent apps / multitasking is the same as it was on Pie.

Digital Wellbeing and other Android 10 goodies are of course available.

Album of full res screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/l5O4J0B

DYFeHTvh.png
    inuTr9uh.png
    339OKIRh.png
    vWg053xh.png
    FuuPuAUh.png
    5vwoIexh.png
    0u0STt8h.png
    595MdMmh.png
    hiwbOLQh.png
    T8a73Xih.png
    Hi guys, I have a H9493 and flashed this update (52.1.A.0.618) from XperiFirm with Newflasher

Fingerprint works flawlessly
    HDR on Youtube, Netflix and local is present
    Always On Display bright is fixed

I haven't really notice a decrease on performance on my phone because I have the 6GB RAM model so I don't know is performance is fixed
    Low volume in mic isn't really fixed in this update

Cheers

kOHt2DD.png
    I was talking to customer support other day and he told me they are preparing for "semi-major" update for all Xperia with Adnroid 10 (meaning from Xperia XZ2 series to XZ5)

He said this is likely coming with May security patch, and fix fingerprint sensor issue, noise/crack sound issue, lag/app force-close issue etc.
    View attachment 4919635

View attachment 4919637

View attachment 4919639

In Italy nothing...i have the single sim h8416 not branded
    Xperia xz3 android 10 (hopefully fix?)

Hey guys, it's me again.

Finally some good news.

some apps crashes
    rock stable)

for:
    is enabled

11. Reboot the device and use it as you usually do.

Let me know, peace