Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Download:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=109243

http://uploaded.net/f/ikvebh

XDA:DevDB Information
FreeXperia Project, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Contributors
matze19999, jerpelea
Source Code: http://fxpblog.co/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-09-08
Last Updated 2016-09-08

Last edited:

matze19999

HOWTO

Install instructions:
first time
- power off the phone:
- hold vol+ and plug usb to boot into fastboot (blu led)
- fastboot flash boot boot.img (from rom zip)
- fastboot reboot
- enter recovery, on boot led will be violet for 3'', during this period press vol+
- flash rom zip
- flash gapps zip
- wipe
- reboot

for update just flash rom zip from recovery
Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

ENJOY AN UNOFFICIAL AOSP RELEASE BROUGHT TO YOU BY FreeXperia Team

PLEASE DONT MIRROR OUR ROMS

Homepage
www.freexperiaproject.net

Last edited:

matthewtech770

Dec 11, 2010
Brooklyn NY
:laugh:Hello Sir.thanks for opening up a thread for us I have this installed on my Ultra I used the fastboot way to install can I install update zips over this fastboot install using my TWRP recovery or do I have to install the aosp recovery from the ROM zip first do you get randomly reboots on this I'm on the 9-06-2016 build

pTeronaut

May 28, 2012
Lafayette, IN
How can I root this?

Flashing the latest SuperSU (0901) results in hanging at the SONY logo, requiring me to reflash System in order to get the phone to boot.

hector67

Feb 6, 2014
:laugh:Hello Sir.thanks for opening up a thread for us I have this installed on my Ultra I used the fastboot way to install can I install update zips over this fastboot install using my TWRP recovery or do I have to install the aosp recovery from the ROM zip first do you get randomly reboots on this I'm on the 9-06-2016 build
When you say you installed using the fastboot way, other than the boot.img, did you flash system.img as well?

matthewtech770

Dec 11, 2010
Brooklyn NY
When you say you installed using the fastboot way, other than the boot.img, did you flash system.img as well?
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
Then I disconnected from adb boot into twrp and flash open gapps on my external SD card that is how I did my phone first time what I want to know is when there is new builds on hear how do I update my phone :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: hector67

Jecmenn

Dec 27, 2012
Prague
Just have a question here. I installed the first build but there were problems with black screen of death during heavy usage. So i want to ask if the problem is still present in newer build?

Also when i have it installed i noticed that this SoD occur not only when using heavy apps but also when the phone heat up a little, so is there a possibility that the new experimental kernel has some kind of temperature protection that is set too low or possibly broken?

matze19999

Just have a question here. I installed the first build but there were problems with black screen of death during heavy usage. So i want to ask if the problem is still present in newer build?

Also when i have it installed i noticed that this SoD occur not only when using heavy apps but also when the phone heat up a little, so is there a possibility that the new experimental kernel has some kind of temperature protection that is set too low or possibly broken?

yes, this bug does also exist in newer versions...

Top Liked Posts