Thumbs up New update available

Rom Android base 5.1.1 r4 CM base 12.1 Release date 8/6/2015

8/6/2015 Changelog
----------------
Possibly some samsung device fixes as rebased some repo's
Added slim recents
Task manager improvements
Heads up updates
LCD density changes (moved to Display and lights and now you enter value manually)
QS tile updates
Added double tap to sleep anywhere on the lock screen
Volume panel better handling of updating sliders in expanded view
Device specific updates
UI fixes
Bug and performance fixes´╗┐

http://www.teamub.co.uk/

https://plus.google.com/communities/...93347437354097
10th June 2015, 05:01 AM |#43  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Unhappy IMPORTANT MESSAGE - From Ben Edmunds - PLEASE READ
https://plus.google.com/communities/...93347437354097

Two years seems like forever. Looking back, it is difficult to imagine that TeamUB is almost two years old. Like any two year old, it seems to be costing us more and more money every day in either babysitting or server costs. It is no lie that TeamUB has had major funding problems for at least a year as we have required more and more power to get builds out to you in a timely manner. Power unfortunately costs, however and it has recently got to the point where myself and Adam have been not only giving up wealth's of our time to get builds going and maintained, but also giving over our own money to ensure our server remains online, with downtime happening more than we would have liked when we were short. We are forever grateful for the support the TeamUB community has given us when our server has gone down due to funding restrictions, but unfortunately it has not been enough to keep us from falling.

The tipping point came in April when we had to actually remove devices from our build roster for the first time in almost two years. At our peak in CM11, we supported 24 devices and 26 in CM12. That's one hell of a long way to come from two guys who met building for their mutual hate of the Samsung ROM for the i9300 and its lack of updates. It is no lie that we've thoroughly enjoyed all that we have achieved in the last two years. We've gone from supporting two users, to a good few thousand and we've found ourselves having to beg the community for money to cover the server bill which could have easily been met by the community. The feeling that we've gotten from the community is that we owe them something when their OEM leaves them high, dry and without an update which has led TeamUB to go from being a hobby that we both have loved, to feeling like a job where we not only don't get paid, but we actually have to pay for. If this is what success tastes like, we'll pass on that slice of cake.

From Adam's perspective, he has had major events in his personal life which have meant that he is unable to commit as much time to TeamUB as he would like, and as a result of these changes he can now no longer afford to keep putting money into TeamUB. Similarly, with myself also finishing college and starting a new chapter in my own life, time is very much of a constraint and I have found myself up until all hours fixing this, that and the other. I am also in no position to keep putting money in.

We have been having a dialogue that has led to this decision for a couple of months now, with one idea being to pass TeamUB onto whomever would like to take the reins, however it was a consensual decision to lay TeamUB to rest with a good name instead of letting someone else capitalise on our hard work and tarnish our good name.

I would like to thank our wonderful team of moderators who over the time this community has expanded have greatly helped remove spam. With a major shout-out to +Paul Norwell For his continued and dedicated work to fight the spam.

Thank you, goodnight.
Ben, Adam

PS 1 : All of our current ROMS are set to be posted on MEGA in the coming days to make them available to whomever wants them. All supported devices may see one more release in the coming days.

PS 2: I would be grateful if this message could be echoed out our XDA users too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Stranger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Stranger Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)