I just got the Android 5.1 OTA for GPE

Search This thread

fzurita

Oct 15, 2010
I just got the 5.1 OTA. It feels a little faster so far. Although, my 5ghz WiFi router doesn't work right anymore. It will only connect at 2.4 GHz.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-08-08-19-26.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-08-08-19-26.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 3,977

MrSewerPickle

Aug 17, 2010
Frisco
My update failed. It rebooted and the started applying then the Android Error icon showed up. I have a unlocked, non-rooted 5.0 install. Anyone else have that problem?

couldnthinkaone

Jan 11, 2009
Austin, TX
Just received the 5.1 update as well...

Looks like several bugs have been addressed... Seems quicker/less laggy.
Nice that they fixed the charging info on the lock screen that always said the wrong thing when NOT charging...that always bugged the hell out of me for some reason.
Will check back tonight after a day of use.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

My update failed. It rebooted and the started applying then the Android Error icon showed up. I have a unlocked, non-rooted 5.0 install. Anyone else have that problem?

you tried to flash OTA with unlocked bootloader?:confused: ...if so ...lol :silly:

Oops! ?

Reactions: adfurgerson

MrSewerPickle

Aug 17, 2010
Frisco
I know, shame on me. I should never attempt to install an update that shouldn't have anything whatsoever to do with my boot loader being locked or unlocked.

Actually, I should probably start paying Google to collect my personal data and ask them each time I install apps as well.

Care to explain exactly in detail why a OTA would failed on a unlocked boot loader? And why it would affect a factory boot loader at that? And why the 5.0 update didn't give a damn (as it should) about if the boot loader was locked or not?

Last edited:

fosselman

Oct 8, 2010
Didn't work on my GPE either. Had to reboot twice before getting the phone to work. Went into settings to manually look for an update and now it says my phone is up to date even though it is still 5.0.

draiko913

Sep 14, 2008
Saint Louis
Didn't work on my GPE either. Had to reboot twice before getting the phone to work. Went into settings to manually look for an update and now it says my phone is up to date even though it is still 5.0.

Same here. Went to install the update and it failed. Rebooted and now system update is showing that my phone is up to date. Guess I'll have to sideload the ota once someone publishes the link.

fosselman

Oct 8, 2010

MrSewerPickle

Aug 17, 2010
Frisco
You can do the :

- App Settings -> Clear Data (on Google Framework services)
- Dial *#*#2432546#*#*
- Settings - > About -> System Update

It may even prompt you to download again before you get to the System Update screen.

Top Liked Posts