Root Xperia Z ultra c6802 stock Lollipop 14.5.A.0.242

Search This thread

Aromajboy

May 14, 2015
link pay par

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
This is how i got the root access to my Xperia Z ultra after i updated to lollipop through OTA released by Sony few days ago.
Before u start search & get these two files.(Thanks to DoomLord for his doom kernel).
(i) Boot.img extracted from Doom Kernel v22 for c6802/06/33 and place it on desktop.
(ii) Beta-SuperSu-2.48.Zip and place it in SD card.
Now into the Action
1. Enable developer mode by tapping 7 times on the settings>about phone>build number.
2. Go to settings > Developer options > USB debugging > check.
3. Go to settings > unknown sources > Check.
4. connect to PC & start Flash tool > Thunder icon > fastboot> check
5. click Reboot into fastboot mode(via ADB)....wait for the phone to reboot till u see the blue led.
6. click Reboot into fastboot mode(via fastboot)..again wait for the reboot & blue Led.
7. click Select kernel to Hotboot > select (Doom Kernel v22) boot.img & click..wait for the phone to reboot.
8. Now when u see the pink led on the phone press&hold the down vol key.
9. in TWRP recovery install SuperSU 2.48 beta & reboot.
Thats it.
after reboot I installed & also recommend you to install
Busybox,TWRP manager,Titanium Backup, from Google Play store.
Adaway.apk from the net.
Now u can also experiment with Xposed module in LoL....Lipop...LoL. Njoy:good:

uknowmyid

Oct 12, 2009
mumbai
i think this guide for UBL (Unlock Boot Loader) device .
thanks.
Yes, naturally since locked bootloader don't allow most of the steps. Also this is not for those who have kingroot on their devices.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

2.chainfire's supersu. Zip handy as that is something you will eventually.
I say that cause the part till you reach level 2 is awesome as you wish have so many ways to know what will/may go wrong which will allow you to be prepared and not just panic. :cowboy:

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

______
I've unlocked the bootloader, and then did the above steps on my C6833, and I ended up with my phone got into bootloop.
Had to flash back the FTF using flastool.
Hahaha, sry for if any data was lost, but guess on the bright side you know now how the brain feels to think of the same monotonous thing over and over again that you eventually are left with flashing it. Atleast that's how I realised the above.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is how i got the root access to my Xperia Z ultra after i updated to lollipop through OTA released by Sony few days ago.
    Before u start search & get these two files.(Thanks to DoomLord for his doom kernel).
    (i) Boot.img extracted from Doom Kernel v22 for c6802/06/33 and place it on desktop.
    (ii) Beta-SuperSu-2.48.Zip and place it in SD card.
    Now into the Action
    1. Enable developer mode by tapping 7 times on the settings>about phone>build number.
    2. Go to settings > Developer options > USB debugging > check.
    3. Go to settings > unknown sources > Check.
    4. connect to PC & start Flash tool > Thunder icon > fastboot> check
    5. click Reboot into fastboot mode(via ADB)....wait for the phone to reboot till u see the blue led.
    6. click Reboot into fastboot mode(via fastboot)..again wait for the reboot & blue Led.
    7. click Select kernel to Hotboot > select (Doom Kernel v22) boot.img & click..wait for the phone to reboot.
    8. Now when u see the pink led on the phone press&hold the down vol key.
    9. in TWRP recovery install SuperSU 2.48 beta & reboot.
    Thats it.
    after reboot I installed & also recommend you to install
    Busybox,TWRP manager,Titanium Backup, from Google Play store.
    Adaway.apk from the net.
    Now u can also experiment with Xposed module in LoL....Lipop...LoL. Njoy:good:
    i think this guide for UBL (Unlock Boot Loader) device .
    thanks.
    I don't think this guide was needed (although a refresh is always welcome), because from D1 of Android having an unlocked bootloader means you can ALWAYS-NO-MATTER-WHAT root your device. :)
    Help

Well, rooting this lollipop build on My Xperia Z ultra remaine d a complete useless thing. Even though i was able to get rooted, verified it with Root checker apps, Supersu working fine, but still I was not able to get for what i have rooted the device. My main aim of rooting is to get rid of bloatwares, uninstall the stupid apps completely from system. Even though I could manage to install ES Explorer, Titanium backup, but while uninstalling apps like Chrome(I prefer Dolphin to Chrome for its efficient management and less battery usage), it showed me uninstall failed. I checked SuperSu and all permissions were granted to these apps i.e. ES Explorer and Titanium backup. I know i could freeze these stupid apps from the default app manager, but its of no use, the battery is draining quite high. Moreover the same apps use a lot of space. For e.g. Facebook consumed 150 MB on lollipop(with all data cleared), whereas the same on Jelly Bean(14.1.B.1.532) consumed only 30 MB. Ram Usage on lollipop was always more than 1.2 GB, whereas on Jelly Bean version i used, it was hardly 800 MB. Huge Ram usage in lollipop heats up my device tremendously while at calls, if they exceed 6-7 mins. Apps are too damn laggy. For e.g. Miniclip 8 ball pool responded like after 5-10 secs after an input, but in jelly bean it was instant. Even after rooting the device, the root remained a complete useless. Busybox failed to install. But still all the root needing apps showed that "Root Status: Rooted". I had to charge my phone every 12 hours (I tend to overuse for getting online news from an Indian News app called NDTV), but i also tend to overuse while at Jelly Bean, but battery life was twice there.

Hence I reverted back to that Jelly Bean build and rooted it up there, and every thing was back to normal.