FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Z Ultra Fm Transmitter App?

502 posts
Thanks Meter: 439

Post Reply Email Thread
We know that z ultra have internal Fm transmitter module

But I have a question why sony haven't any app to use this feature?
And I have some app that I fond in other thread butt after install
I get force close

What is the solution???
Attached Files
File Type: apk Fm_Transmitter.apk - [Click for QR Code] (156.1 KB, 526 views)
File Type: apk FMTx.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.06 MB, 550 views)

17th March 2015, 12:59 PM |#2  
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 253

More
This is not a development thread at all. Go and post this question in a correct section. Reported.
17th March 2015, 01:41 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 406

More
SpiritTransmit by @mikereidis should work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Triflot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Triflot Ad-Free
17th March 2015, 08:32 PM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 4,164

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimadroid

We know that z ultra have internal Fm transmitter module

But I have a question why sony haven't any app to use this feature?
And I have some app that I fond in other thread butt after install
I get force close

What is the solution???

The thread where you posted in my Spirit2 forum may be the best place to discuss this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...ultra-t3056747

Transmit capability in Sony Qualcomm FM/combo chip devices may be an "accident".

To transmit, the so called "Internal Antenna" pin of the chip must be connected to wired headset as the antenna. Most other Qualcomm chipped devices use the "External Antenna" pin which can only receive.

I'm not sure why Sony used the "Internal Antenna" pin. Hypothetically, the electrical characteristics, like impedance, of that ping may have suited the designers better.

But I lean towards the idea that designers wanted to be able to provide an FM transmit ability, while management did not want the extra costs associated with app creation and testing for this.

T-Mobile did this with a phone once; I have a leaked transmitter app and it works on 2 of my now very old phones. They changed their minds.

If nothing else, you can get a phone to market faster without additional testing, and the smartphone market has been fiercely competitive to get their devices out first.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikereidis Ad-Free
19th March 2015, 02:44 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 439

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

The thread where you posted in my Spirit2 forum may be the best place to discuss this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...ultra-t3056747

Transmit capability in Sony Qualcomm FM/combo chip devices may be an "accident".

To transmit, the so called "Internal Antenna" pin of the chip must be connected to wired headset as the antenna. Most other Qualcomm chipped devices use the "External Antenna" pin which can only receive.

I'm not sure why Sony used the "Internal Antenna" pin. Hypothetically, the electrical characteristics, like impedance, of that ping may have suited the designers better.

But I lean towards the idea that designers wanted to be able to provide an FM transmit ability, while management did not want the extra costs associated with app creation and testing for this.

T-Mobile did this with a phone once; I have a leaked transmitter app and it works on 2 of my now very old phones. They changed their minds.

If nothing else, you can get a phone to market faster without additional testing, and the smartphone market has been fiercely competitive to get their devices out first.

Tnx man for your guide <3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)