Rooting Android 5.1.1 with 14.6.A.1.236 build number

Search This thread

ali.ghorbani

May 19, 2014
Qa'em Shahr
Hi guys. I have bought Xperia Z Ultra C6833 a few days ago. and I have updated my phone to the latest version which is 14.6.A.1.236 via online update in settings and my bootloader is locked.
I have some question about rooting my device:
A) I have searched many topics about rooting this build number and i have found 2 out of which:
1) the first one is: http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z-ultra/development/ub-14-6-1-236-stock-ftf-root-t3270850 and my question is can I use your method in my phone? I mean should I unlock my bootloader or not? Does it create problem that I updated my phone via online update and without Flashtools?
2) another one is: http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/tool-prfcreator-easily-create-pre-t2859904 and my question is= is it safe I mean my phone will not be hurt? I mean first I download stock firmware ftf file and put it in the software and add SuperSU zip file and blend them or mix them together and finally flash the result with flashtools. can I use this method for rooting my device?

help me pleaseeee:angel::angel: tell me which one is better or which method is better. please please please:):angel::angel:

AOWL

Apr 29, 2013
Isparta
1) if you want unlock bl should be work 2) in this method prfcreator output zip file you should flash with CWM or TWRP recovery so you need unlock bl or root phone.
if you want only root phone without unlock bl try kingroot app then replace supersu (with this tutorial) you can also flash zip file created with prfcreator after root and install XZDualRecovery.
English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes :)

Reactions: ali.ghorbani

ali.ghorbani

May 19, 2014
Qa'em Shahr
1) if you want unlock bl should be work 2) in this method prfcreator output zip file you should flash with CWM or TWRP recovery so you need unlock bl or root phone.
if you want only root phone without unlock bl try kingroot app then replace supersu (with this tutorial) you can also flash zip file created with prfcreator after root and install XZDualRecovery.
Thanks dude. I tried the kingroot app but it doesnt work. It will be go to 70 percent and says root failed. Yes youre right i just want to root my device without unlocking my bootloader. But if i have to unlock it and i dont have any other way, i will do it. Would you help me with kingroot app. Thank you so much.
English isn't my first language so please forgive my mistakes:)

AOWL

Apr 29, 2013
Isparta
Weird, it worked on my zu same build number, you can try iroot or kingoroot different from kingroot, otherwise you should unlock bl, no other idea, maybe you'll find someone else to help you or search for other method.

Reactions: ali.ghorbani

ali.ghorbani

May 19, 2014
Qa'em Shahr
Weird, it worked on my zu same build number, you can try iroot or kingoroot different from kingroot, otherwise you should unlock bl, no other idea, maybe you'll find someone else to help you or search for other method.
Thanks dudeee. Kingroot worked on my phone (we have some limitation in Iran and i forgot to use applications like Hotspot shield to change my ip address) and I replaced it with superSu with your toturial. Thanks a lot for helping me dear friend and many thanks to the great Xda Developers forum:) :)

rezadentevil

May 17, 2012
Mashhad
hi
u just need to install IRoot on your pc and then run it to root your z u.....,after rebooting it says ' Root Successful '
but u dont have the root access yet................................,
u can find an App called kingroot ((u cant unistall it - like system apps )) open it and it will scan your device for root access.......then use it to root it

for the guys from in iran U have to use VPN to compele the process

uknowmyid

Oct 12, 2009
mumbai
Hi guys,
the kingroot app does work for me. But only in part. What I mean is yes it gives root access but for other apps like adaway it' doesn't. And the second part where we run the sh script with unzipped, mrw folder files. That didn't work for me. I get stuck on supersu update failed. Eventually I did find another way from one of our brothers here at xda and I did get root "YAY " but on one of the reboots I got into boot loop lol(ofcourse I don't blame him for it) . And now I am back here to flashing FTF to stock firm with no root. (again ?) I do have a fair idea about rooting a few of my devices but this baby just doesn't want to be mine.

SUPERUSER

Jan 23, 2013
Hi guys,
the kingroot app does work for me. But only in part. What I mean is yes it gives root access but for other apps like adaway it' doesn't. And the second part where we run the sh script with unzipped, mrw folder files. That didn't work for me. I get stuck on supersu update failed. Eventually I did find another way from one of our brothers here at xda and I did get root "YAY " but on one of the reboots I got into boot loop lol(ofcourse I don't blame him for it) . And now I am back here to flashing FTF to stock firm with no root. (again ?) I do have a fair idea about rooting a few of my devices but this baby just doesn't want to be mine.

https://xdaforums.com/xperia-z1/help/how-to-mount-r-sony-xperia-z1-t3746493

Skip the magisk part and to prevent bootloop use this
https://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133
Or an older version of supersu 2.79 for example

darkangel32

Mar 26, 2020
Im in possession of a Xperia Z Ultra, with lollipop 5.1.1 14.6.A.1.236, how do i go about rooting it? Ive been reading along on the forums and internet, and the only thing i can come to is using this one click program Kingoroot (and the likes), but those dont seem to be installing (error code).

What's the best way rooting my device? The USB port is abit unreliable, im using the magnetic port to charge the device.

THE0JACKAL

Apr 17, 2017
Im in possession of a Xperia Z Ultra, with lollipop 5.1.1 14.6.A.1.236, how do i go about rooting it? Ive been reading along on the forums and internet, and the only thing i can come to is using this one click program Kingoroot (and the likes), but those dont seem to be installing (error code).

What's the best way rooting my device? The USB port is abit unreliable, im using the magnetic port to charge the device.
Using kingo root solved it for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks dudeee. Kingroot worked on my phone (we have some limitation in Iran and i forgot to use applications like Hotspot shield to change my ip address) and I replaced it with superSu with your toturial. Thanks a lot for helping me dear friend and many thanks to the great Xda Developers forum:) :)

You're welcome :) Glad I could help.