DIY quick charge system

Search This thread

Waswat

Jan 25, 2016
Took the chance and connected the + of a samsung charger to the top side of the phone and the - to the bottom side and it seemed to work. I am unsure if it will continue to charge beyond 100% and destroy the battery... here's to hoping that the regulator is built into the phone.

kal27

Jul 22, 2012
ASUS ROG Phone 5
Took the chance and connected the + of a samsung charger to the top side of the phone and the - to the bottom side and it seemed to work. I am unsure if it will continue to charge beyond 100% and destroy the battery... here's to hoping that the regulator is built into the phone.

i tried connecting + wire to top and - to the bottom of the copper contact but it discharges. does it need some kind of capacitor or something?

tried reversing the pole but it doesn't charge at all. any tips?

alitech

Jul 2, 2005
London
www.alistechnlog.com
Mine doesn't charge at all. I have put the red wire probe to the top and black to the bottom. Got a reading of 5.14volts with a multimeter so the cable I created works well. What I think isn't working are the magnets I stuck on the tablet with inductive glue.

Using Tapatalk... Pardone any typoz

Waswat

Jan 25, 2016
i tried connecting + wire to top and - to the bottom of the copper contact but it discharges. does it need some kind of capacitor or something?

tried reversing the pole but it doesn't charge at all. any tips?

If it helps:
- I used the casing of a broken dk26 magnetic charger (it was chinese crap that i ordered via aliexpress)
- removed the only chip it had that took a microusb input which it converted to a + and - wire (the broken part)
- then I connected the + and - wire by soldering it onto the spring-loaded pins

kal27

Jul 22, 2012
ASUS ROG Phone 5
If it helps:
- I used the casing of a broken dk26 magnetic charger (it was chinese crap that i ordered via aliexpress)
- removed the only chip it had that took a microusb input which it converted to a + and - wire (the broken part)
- then I connected the + and - wire by soldering it onto the spring-loaded pins

can you upload some images? thanks

Design-Update

Hi akinaro, long time no see. But I spent some time with production and design improvements. I finally moved to a design in which all parts are made of 10mm solid wood (oak,beech,walnut or mahogany). Going thinner will have two impacts: It is hard to create the joints and the overall dock will be too leightweight.
To accommodate also USB-C plugs I changed the geometry to have more space for the bending radius. To have a reasonable flexibility for the bending radius of many USB cables the rule thumb is that you should have 35mm between the bottom of the smartphone and the desk. For the bulky USB-C 3.1 plugs you need rather 45mm.
So here we go
adaptable-back.png

On my homepage there are some additional images to illustrate the design.

I would love to buy one but I just bought VR Googles and Bluetooth controller for it, and I dont have free cash in paypal.
(its pretty amazing for watching a movie or playing old Playstation games...)

My small "photoshop"(or rather GIMPing) was mostly about using thinner wood for every part.
I work In car shop, so I work with metal and plastic but I know that wood have excellent durability so you could use less material, and still get good looking stand.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Modified contacts and magnetic attachement.

Hi all.

There are alot of good ideas out there and I would like to share mine with you.
    I was looking for a way to have magnetic attatchment of the charging cable to the phone as jimsey did in post #25.
    However I wanted the actual contact to be magnetic.

This is how i did it.

Order magnets from supermagnete or somewear else, the price was just 5 EUR for 20 magnets.
    Article: Q-05-04-01-G
    Description: Block magnet 5 x 4 x 1 mm, ndFeB, N50, gold-plated

Order conductive silver glue price is similar to magnets.

Modify a microusb cable, attach magnets and solder the correct cable to them (polarity of the magnets is important, you dont want them to stick to the wrong contact on the phone).

Get to work!!! :laugh:

"youtu.be/UUDwCWDgCSM" Video of the finished result.

Pictures of the project.

View attachment 1861901 View attachment 1861902 View attachment 1861903 View attachment 1861904

BR Martin Strandholm
    Qi wireless charging MOD

Hi Guys,

I've finally done my Qi wireless charging mod for my XZ. Below are the list of item use:
    - Qi wireless receiver (for Samsung Note 2)
    - Qi wireless transmitter
    - Krusell leather casing

I modified(a very simple mod actually)Qi wireless receiver for Samsung Note 2 to raise the contact equivalent to the contact to XZ docking contact point. The below picture will hopefully be self explanatory.
    Here's mine. I'll eventually get a bumper so the originally dock from sony wouldn't fit hence i did a simple one.

Using some pogo pin that I bought last time for Galaxy Nexus but eventually did not use since I made the wireless charger with the palm touchstone instead.

Those who are interested in the pogo pin, I got it from rs-online for very cheap. (Part No: 7019950)
    I've just built my mark1 dock from a few bits of spare wood and an old sony ericsson ct75 charger plug( from an old powermat powercube), I just moved the spring loaded pins on CT75 plug a little further apart to mate a little more comfortably with the contacts on the XZ.

Cost absolutley nothing so although it looks rubish I'm happy to have a working dock. and not have to open the charger flap anymore. Tomorrow I might cover it in soft black cloth and i'm sure it'll look much better.

I'm going to bend a bit of black or clear Acrylic for my next dock because it looks like you can get away with a kind of z profile, I'm also thinking about making something for my car

;)
    Just for the creative people here The xperia Z exacly fits in an CD cover So now you can make a nice looking one and use also camera,because it's transparant

regards stef