Pebble watch

Search This thread

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
LOL at arguing about the usefulness of this device. If you won't find one useful, then don't buy one. I personally wouldn't mind one, but not for the current price level. :)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: doghous

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
yea but let say you have a text, you read it on your watch and you want to reply, you still have to get your phone. If your too far away from your phone it wont even notify you.

yea but let say you take a s_hit, you did that, and you want to clean your a_ss after that, you always gonna take a paper to do that. So...the main component is "paper". Same thing is here main component always will be a phone, even with google glasses.

(PS 100 meters is working distance, and this is respectful )

Regards

Last edited:

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
LOL at arguing about the usefulness of this device. If you won't find one useful, then don't buy one. I personally wouldn't mind one, but not for the current price level. :)

it not arguing its discussing, maybe other user will see something that i dont. like i dint know it work up to 100 meter...although i doubt that but thats impressive and its only 150, far less than my tag heuer or my suunto military core.

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

yea but let say you take a s_hit, you did that, and you want to clean your a_ss after that, you always gonna take a paper to do that. So...the main component is "paper". Same thing is here main component always will be a phone, even with google glasses.

(PS 100 meters is working distance, and this is respectful )

Regards

or you can jump in the shower or use a baday there are many ways to wipe ur ass my friend... but i dont think it fall into the same category.

orenxda

Dec 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
you need paper, you mean e-paper watch! pebble may be usefull at the swiming pool but if you already own nice "real" watche(s) you won't drop them for it,
Backed a Pebble last year because on the week driving a lot and sometimes have to be discrete to look at notifications, continue typing/writing blabla, sort quick replies via the phone...
as this "smart" watch hit KS backers mailboxes abroad - and sales way2high on ebay- EU customs got hungry on mine asking 30€/40$ at the door oO
lets say at the moment it's rare, many ppl are not sure how to use it yet - and come on, pebble casing is big, this pager won't fit all wristbones. feels great with a serious/stable strap: stock one was a joke to me.

hardware is there and now soft have to extend the use of it. pls 10M$ company, give it some brain, enough watchfaces!
last year I used a sony smartwach i found useless with poor screen and usability, but more -laborious- interaction.
what pebble's watch e-paper screen is good at is fast check/discard (notifications only discarding on the watch), get safer driving, readable in all light conditions, music control on the go (previous/next file or folder (via db click), of course it's hyper fast having caller id and driving an incoming caller to your vocal box, for ex ringtone shouting unwanted. caller id display well. ye,basic: at the moment you can't do a lot of things. you won't access/browse phonebook/contacts, adjust your phone music volume (basic BT command), nor change screen contrast. you can't even access and browse the notifications that has been previously displayed on the watch. no shortcuts can be called from the watch. You can't chose to reply with android pre defined messages. A third party app called PEBBLE NOTIFIER lists every app and android processes so you can chose which ones will replicate incoming notifications to your pebble: ebay, forsquare, fb, rss feeder, play store (new updates/successfull updates), google drive, skype, steam, xda app, waze traps, alarms (your pebble will vibrate and display a notif but you wont be able to discard or repeat alarm with watch buttons). haven't tested all, but any app bringing notifications on status bar. ticking "smart connect" will replicate NFC actions.
it's a free (you can donate) yet must have app from DATTAS MOONCHASER dev, I thought that could come stock. ANTI LOSS BLE PROXIMITY KEYFOB app can check if the connected device is in reach and can make it ring, so you don't loose it. Doest work on my my SXZ but Ok on samsung device.
at night the bended plastic layer above this gameboy screen gives nasty dark rainbows moving on the LCD only depending on look angle.
light it at a shake of your wrist, shadows gone, it's now perfect. BT range is fine.

with Xperia Z:
pairing bluetooth, updating firmware was fast and ok. device connects instantly when you turn Bluetooth on ans the watchs on too.
I had to reboot XZ to get stock sms notifications. as said discarding on watch does not light off XZ notification led
Music switcher OK, you have to select your default pebble calling music app in software.
Of course BlueTooth battery drain is a concern but it will also somehow save screen time. Youll need small charges to run all day.

but what if ou use two smartphones : perso/pro
thought Pebble would act like my 2+ years old BT earset (BLUEANT T1) : connecting at least two devices at once, long press for call back last number composed.
not the same deal here: pebble needs updating from both devices real time. seems it can't do it at once.

try and pebble will switch phone every 5 seconds to check one then the other, connect/disco/reco resulting in a massive battery loss :p
untill it focuses on one of them maybe last paired device. music control won't work also, displaying "No BT connection" search youtube

i had a problem with slickwraps"DUAL PEBBLE XD FULL SCREEN" It didn't stiCk well to 4 the edges. It's a wet install but mine kept having trouble because its abused tight fit so it will peel off half the watch around, especially corners. If you bought it yet, better cut 4 corners before applying and care. I'll try another apply on the second one.
cheers bees

Last edited:
Reactions: All Day On XDA

ccrama

May 17, 2012
@G1_enthusiast

You can display weather with the watch (look at center watch)
photo-watchfaces-3.jpg

It also comes with an SKD so you can push any info you want to the watch :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was going to get it, but the chance of me getting it now is @ about 10% now. I wanted to buy it so that I wouldn't have to take my phone out to skip a track or something. But since I have a Bluetooth set now, I don't really have a need for it.

you need paper, you mean e-paper watch! pebble may be usefull at the swiming pool but if you already own nice "real" watche(s) you won't drop them for it,
    Backed a Pebble last year because on the week driving a lot and sometimes have to be discrete to look at notifications, continue typing/writing blabla, sort quick replies via the phone...
    as this "smart" watch hit KS backers mailboxes abroad - and sales way2high on ebay- EU customs got hungry on mine asking 30€/40$ at the door oO
    lets say at the moment it's rare, many ppl are not sure how to use it yet - and come on, pebble casing is big, this pager won't fit all wristbones. feels great with a serious/stable strap: stock one was a joke to me.

hardware is there and now soft have to extend the use of it. pls 10M$ company, give it some brain, enough watchfaces!
    last year I used a sony smartwach i found useless with poor screen and usability, but more -laborious- interaction.
    what pebble's watch e-paper screen is good at is fast check/discard (notifications only discarding on the watch), get safer driving, readable in all light conditions, music control on the go (previous/next file or folder (via db click), of course it's hyper fast having caller id and driving an incoming caller to your vocal box, for ex ringtone shouting unwanted. caller id display well. ye,basic: at the moment you can't do a lot of things. you won't access/browse phonebook/contacts, adjust your phone music volume (basic BT command), nor change screen contrast. you can't even access and browse the notifications that has been previously displayed on the watch. no shortcuts can be called from the watch. You can't chose to reply with android pre defined messages. A third party app called PEBBLE NOTIFIER lists every app and android processes so you can chose which ones will replicate incoming notifications to your pebble: ebay, forsquare, fb, rss feeder, play store (new updates/successfull updates), google drive, skype, steam, xda app, waze traps, alarms (your pebble will vibrate and display a notif but you wont be able to discard or repeat alarm with watch buttons). haven't tested all, but any app bringing notifications on status bar. ticking "smart connect" will replicate NFC actions.
    it's a free (you can donate) yet must have app from DATTAS MOONCHASER dev, I thought that could come stock. ANTI LOSS BLE PROXIMITY KEYFOB app can check if the connected device is in reach and can make it ring, so you don't loose it. Doest work on my my SXZ but Ok on samsung device.
    at night the bended plastic layer above this gameboy screen gives nasty dark rainbows moving on the LCD only depending on look angle.
    light it at a shake of your wrist, shadows gone, it's now perfect. BT range is fine.

with Xperia Z:
    pairing bluetooth, updating firmware was fast and ok. device connects instantly when you turn Bluetooth on ans the watchs on too.
    I had to reboot XZ to get stock sms notifications. as said discarding on watch does not light off XZ notification led
    Music switcher OK, you have to select your default pebble calling music app in software.
    Of course BlueTooth battery drain is a concern but it will also somehow save screen time. Youll need small charges to run all day.

but what if ou use two smartphones : perso/pro
    thought Pebble would act like my 2+ years old BT earset (BLUEANT T1) : connecting at least two devices at once, long press for call back last number composed.
    not the same deal here: pebble needs updating from both devices real time. seems it can't do it at once.

try and pebble will switch phone every 5 seconds to check one then the other, connect/disco/reco resulting in a massive battery loss :p
    untill it focuses on one of them maybe last paired device. music control won't work also, displaying "No BT connection" search youtube

i had a problem with slickwraps"DUAL PEBBLE XD FULL SCREEN" It didn't stiCk well to 4 the edges. It's a wet install but mine kept having trouble because its abused tight fit so it will peel off half the watch around, especially corners. If you bought it yet, better cut 4 corners before applying and care. I'll try another apply on the second one.
    cheers bees