since there were numerous threads coming up regarding this and other threads were having partial information i have created this thread so that users can get a central location for correct information and post queries if any here...
so this is the translated version of the root exploit by: goroh_kun, huhka_com
Easy rooting Toolkit for XPEIRA Z SO-02E (ver 1.0.1)
for those who dont know, dont remember.. goroh_kun is a master developer who helped the X10 users get bootloader bypassed & custom kernel booting on locked bootloader! and if he has the Xperia Z (or a similar variant, rest assured that some great things are coming!!)
goroh_kun if you are reading this, i am a HUGE fan of your work and really appreciate all that you had done for the Xperia X10 and look forward to more awesome stuff for Xperia devices!
English translation done by my friend tkymgr
all credits for this go to the respective authors! awesome work guys!
many thanks to eviltom & VTR1000SP for testing the original toolkit, reporting it here on XDA and doing subsequent testing..
Alternative package by Bin4ry here[/U]
PLEASE READ THE COMPLETE POST BEFORE YOU TRY THIS!
users are reporting that NFC is broken after this root method (easy fix by goroh_kun here)
if u had an unlockable bootloader device, after using this method the device will be detected as LOCKED or unlock not possible!!! (to fix this use this fix)
Try this at your own risk. The original authors & XDA community are not be held responsible incase your device is damaged in this process.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
- Xperia Z, ZL with stock Sony JB firmware (as of now tested on: 10.1.D.0.317, 10.1.D.0.322, 10.1.A.1.350, 10.1.A.1.434)
- Xperia Tablet Z with stock Sony JB firmware (as of now tested on: 10.1.C.0.344)
- works on both locked/unlockable bootloaders!
- ADB drivers installed (use this file incase u need to install drivers)
IMPORTANT: if you are using Windows 8 you will need to enable few things to allow driver installation
- Rooting Toolkit package provided below
- increase screen timeout to 10 mins: Settings -> Display -> Sleep -> 10 mins
- enable USB debugging : Settings -> Developer options -> Enable and Settings -> Developer options -> USB Debugging (check it)
- enable install from "unknown sources": Settings -> Security -> Unknown source (check it)
- download the rooting toolkit package and save it on C:\
- exit all adb requiring apps like PC Suite, PC Companion, Flashtool, etc as they will interfere with the rooting process
- extract the ENTIRE contents of the package (and not just one file) to some directory on c:\
- once you are ready with all the above connect phone to PC and execute "runme.bat" from the location where the entire contents are extracted
- press enter to start the process, as the device is detected the toolkit will start executing steps one by one
- keep watching the command prompt and wait for the following to come up "press the button to restore the data in your phone"
- at this point look at the device screen, an app will start, select RESTORE data
- now u will get "if Restoring data is complete," in the command prompt
- at this point open Phone & dial *#*#7378423#*#*
- select "Service tests" in your phone operation.
- select "Display" (screen will turn white), the toolkit will now start executing some commands
- now press power button to turn off screen wait for few seconds and press it power button again (repeat it a few time) till then keep observing the command prompt for outputs
- u will see "transfer files to your phone part2", "installing busybox,su,Superuser,etc..." & finally "Cleaning up"
- after that the device should automatically reboot
- thats it device should now be rooted
if your device has unlockable bootloader then after applying this hack the bootloader status will turn "Bootloader unlock allowed: No"
in that case dont worry the users have reported that doing a repair via SEUS will flash back stock firmware and turn this status to "Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes" (the same might also be achieved by flashing a stock FTF using FlashTool <yet to be confirmed>)
ROOT WILL BE LOST BY DOING THE ABOVE AND YOUR INTERNAL STORAGE MAY GET WIPED!
SO DO A BACKUP OF APPS & INTERNAL STORAGE ON AN EXTERNAL SDCARD/PC
- will this wipe /data
NO. since we are not unlocking the bootloader the /data partition will not be wiped
- do i need to unlock bootloader for this to work?
- will i lose Bravia Engine 2 ?
- does rooting without unlocking the bootloader still voids warranty.
Not if you get back on clean Stock ROM
thanks to: shem2409... dont forget to thank him here
the translated version can be downloaded from here:
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE POSTING ANY QUERIES!
i request someone to please create a step-by-step video so other users can benefit!