FORUMS

[STOCK][C6603&C6602] Update to 10.1.1.A.1.307 [Rooted & XZDualRecovery][LB/UB]

5,379 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,426

Thread Closed Email Thread
Built from the FTF uploaded by @Psicao: Xperia Z_10.1.1.A.1.307_Unbranded BE.

Requirements:
  • Flashtool by @Androxyde
  • A recovery (can be both CWM and TWRP)
    NOTE: As some people have problems flashing the update, please update your existing recovery to the latest recovery with XZDualRecovery
  • Current FW version: 10.1.A.1.350, 10.1.A.1.434 10.1.1.A.1.253: maybe others too, try and let me know!
  • From the users in the thread I noticed people CWM running into trouble because their cache partition is gone. See the 'Known Issues' in the OP of the XZDualRecovery link above for more info and links to a fix. Fix that first before you attempt this update using CWM!

Special features:
  • Superuser integrated in system, FULL root, no reboots when remounting /system RW!
  • XZDualRecovery 2.4 BETA (CWM 6.0.3.2 & TWRP 2.5.0.0) pre-installed;
  • Tailored FTF to minimize the chance of accidental system wiping!
  • No need to clear caches!
@shem2409 created a nice youtube video guide to assist you in your work, be sure to check this post for it! Thanks m8!

In the following guides I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

C6602: How to update to 10.1.1.A.1.307:
  1. For C6602: Download C6602.flashable.307.zip (Bittorrent: 716MB) and Xperia_Z_10.1.1.A.1.307_C6602_TW-stripped.ftf (14MB), save it somewhere you remember;
  2. Put 'C6602.flashable.307.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
  3. Put 'Xperia_Z_10.1.1.A.1.307_C6602_TW-stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
  4. Create a backup of your phone in CWM or TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard0';
  5. Flash everything in 'Xperia_Z_10.1.1.A.1.307_C6602_TW-stripped.ftf' to your phone and boot the phone straight to recovery after that;
    NOTE: If you have an unlocked bootloader, you CAN flash the kernel, but you do not need to, to keep your custom kernel. DooMKernel v7 has support for this ROM version.
  6. Flash 'C6602.flashable.307.zip' in recovery (Works in both CWM and TWRP!)
  7. Reboot to system without clearing (dalvik-/)cache.

C6603: How to update to 10.1.1.A.1.307:
  1. For C6603: Download C6603.flashable.307.zip (Bittorrent: 736MB) and Xperia_Z_C6603_10.1.1.A.1.307_BE-stripped.ftf (14MB), save it somewhere you remember;
  2. Put 'C6603.flashable.307.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
  3. Put 'Xperia_Z_C6603_10.1.1.A.1.307_BE-stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
  4. Create a backup of your phone in CWM or TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard0';
  5. Flash everything in 'Xperia_Z_C6603_10.1.1.A.1.307_BE-stripped.ftf' to your phone and boot the phone straight to recovery after that;
    NOTE: If you have an unlocked bootloader, you CAN flash the kernel, but you do not need to, to keep your custom kernel. DooMKernel v7 has support for this ROM version.
  6. Flash 'C6603.flashable.307.zip' in recovery (Works in both CWM and TWRP!)
  7. Reboot to system without clearing (dalvik-/)cache.

The first boot will be considerably slower and after a long wait at the boot animation you will see Android optimizing the apps on your phone and after that, all is done!

I have done this myself, using my own method and I have not found any problem yet, again!

Enjoy!

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
All known issues in TWRP and CWM on locked boot loaders apply, see their respective threads for more information.

Be especially careful with the cache partition when using CWM. Hopefully version 2.0 solved the cache issues but in case of problems with /cache use the FTF in my files to restore the cache partition if yours ever stops mounting due to the CWM issues, read this and this for more info on that.

CWM Usage warning: Root can be lost (almost worst case), a bootloop can be experienced (worst case) or a reboot upon remounting /system to be able to write to it (most cases, relatively harmless) when using CWM and before a reboot out of recovery answering the question 'ROM may flash recovery, fix it?' question is answered with 'yes'. This can be recovered from by opening a terminal app and typing the following commands:
Code:
su
/system/xbin/busybox pkill -f /sbin/ric
mount -o remount,rw /system
chmod 755 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
Alternatively you can boot in to TWRP and go to the Advanced menu -> File manager and look for /system/etc/install-recovery.sh to set permissions 755 on it.

TWRP Usage warning: It seems TWRP 2.5.0.0 has issues with the internal storage, which seem related to the changes made to support encrypted storage volumes... This means the internal storage sometimes shows up almost empty (just folders) and no files. Try to use CWM when that happens.

Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
  • Restore a .434 /system ONLY using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
  • Root it using any means you are familiar with.
  • Install XZDualRecovery and then try to update again using TWRP. This time you can skip the FTF as it has already done it's job.
  • If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
    NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /tmp/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me.

Thank you

Flashable ROM Mutator:

Download AROMA ROM Mutator 0.13

This (former patch package) uses AROMA to create a user friendly menu to choose between updates to be installed.
  • If you want to switch from SuperUser (default in this ROM) to SuperSU you can use this to make the change.
  • If you have the reboot problem when trying to remount /system writable, you can reinstall the superuser app of your preference, it's installation includes the latest patch.
  • If you are missing /system/bin/chargemon.stock and you want to be able to charge your phone while it's turned off.
Flash using one of the recoveries!

Version 0.13 and upwards is using AROMA 2.70B1 or better, the below warning can be ignored for now. Let me know how it performs!

AROMA Warning: AROMA currently works best in TWRP but even there it has some issues on the Z/ZL. It sometimes does not start up correctly or it has a 'sticky button' issue. It makes it a little less easy to use but this will be fixed in time. It is a combination problem caused by the new hardware and incompatibility with it and the fact the recoveries both have been updated considerably to work on the latest phones, causing issues with some functionality of AROMA.
  • If it hangs when trying to start, reboot your phone and try again.
  • If it has the sticky buttons, press the button again to activate.
    You can avoid the sticky buttons by pressing them for about half a second (that means not too short and not too long). It will work, it's just showing a bug associated with the latest recoveries.
  • The Samsung S4, HTC One and One X and the Nexus 4 & 7 show the same issues. For them AROMA sometimes crashes, this is an issue i have not yet observed on the Z/ZL.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-07-00-23-05.jpg
Views:	2868
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	2022836
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [NUT] Ad-Free
7th June 2013, 02:01 AM |#2  
Flag Galway
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Success with UK unbranded.
I was still waiting for .253 and just had enough waiting.
7th June 2013, 02:35 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
c6602 version please.thank you =)
7th June 2013, 02:37 AM |#4  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicestupid89

thanks for the guide! works like a charm here on C6603
7th June 2013, 03:36 AM |#6  
Flag Ashland
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Reserved

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
7th June 2013, 04:39 AM |#7  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I followed the instructions without any problem. Thanks a lot . Can i flash other mods on customizations on this rom yet?
7th June 2013, 04:54 AM |#8  
Flag Vladivostok
Thanks Meter: 71

More
I`ve got reboots after mounting r/w in root explorer
7th June 2013, 06:03 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cyberspace and the Universe

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by long2905

I followed the instructions without any problem. Thanks a lot . Can i flash other mods on customizations on this rom yet?

As long as they are ODEX, Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisDD78

I`ve got reboots after mounting r/w in root explorer

Use the guide in the known XZDualRecovery issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicestupid89

As soon as an unbranded/General FTF will be available.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [NUT] Ad-Free
7th June 2013, 06:10 AM |#10  
Flag Vladivostok
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Tried to flash mutator, it hangs both recoveries, at the start of installation. Earlier i flashed .253 f/w using your instruction, there was no problems with reboots.

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT]

Use the guide in the known XZDualRecovery issues...

I`m sorry, i can`t get what do i have to exactly to do to fix the reboot problem ?
7th June 2013, 07:25 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cyberspace and the Universe

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisDD78

Tried to flash mutator, it hangs both recoveries, at the start of installation. Earlier i flashed .253 f/w using your instruction, there was no problems with reboots.

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

I`m sorry, i can`t get what do i have to exactly to do to fix the reboot problem ?

Then try the guide at the CWM Usage warning. Doing that will most probably be the solution.

Just remember to answer the question just before rebooting from CWM with NO in the future...

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
10.1.1.a.1.307, rom, stock, xperia z, xzdualrecovery
Previous Thread Next Thread