Check your display manufacturer

What display manufacturer does your device use?

• Total voters
Search This thread

ethan3686

Aug 19, 2009
India
But...sharp has.1000:1 contrast ratio and Jdi has 700:1 contrast ratio...So sharp wins in contrast at least :p which is really lacking in XZ! Everybody wins :p

Last edited:

EG8196

May 15, 2012
Sharp is better.
For JDC,
White text will turn into red while scrolling. (Try it in setting menu)

Nameless One

Mar 24, 2013
Tasmania
Samsung Galaxy A21s
So which one is the better one?
Given that Sony are simply using multiple display manufacturers to avoid supply delays,
and likely have no desire to sell two different C6603s one clearly better than the other
(into the same market).
I'm fairly certain that they'd have examined several different displays to find two that most
closely matched.

It's hardly surprising that there has been no decisive result pro one display or the other, this
thread is really just one big pissing contest with people trying to feel that they (through their
phone) are better than others or to justify their purchase decision.

Sharp is better.
For JDC,
White text will turn into red while scrolling. (Try it in setting menu)

No white>red text scrolling on my 13W12 JDC.
Coming from a Nokia 5233 (via a briefly borrowed HTC Wildfire badly bogged down by a version
of Android too new for it) my XZ looks fantastic and feels very responsive.

At the end of the day I'd hope that people were having too much fun using their new phone to
bother with one-upmanship, I'm just happy to have a new phone.

sidneylopsides

Oct 25, 2008
My Sharp screen looks great. The viewing angles could be better, but under normal use its fantastic.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Renzo4000

Sep 10, 2007
Sharp display 13w07 netherlands. No issues with blacks, only THE viewing angles are not so good.

NhD2AtY.jpg

Reactions: anjath

nobe0001

Aug 17, 2011
13W10, Panel ID mdy70, manufacturer JDC, according to the app YourYPeriaZdisplay.

I think, JDC is good.
Have seen a comparison in german froum - colors are more true - better, perfect for me.

I don't mind angles, cause I always look straight on my phone ;)

FrancoDC

Jul 6, 2010
Using a JDC Model
13W13

got the white>red problem when scrolling

my frd's 13W08 w/ JDC screen appears to be fine...

probably the QC of JDC is poor

SXZdabbler

Apr 13, 2013
Durban
I updated the software yesterday (to 434) and I can almost be sure that the colour tint while scrolling has improved as a result. Seems a lot less than before the upgrade. Maybe?

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium

gm007

May 29, 2011
So,my phone is hard bricked yesterday and today i bought another Xperia Z :D
The first one has sharp display and the new one JDC.
I can confirm JDC is a lot better.
Contrast,viewing angle etc... Is better.
AAC 13w10

Sent from my C6602 using xda premium

SergioDaly

Dec 20, 2010
is there a relation between the different types PM 0270-BV and PM 0280-BV and the screen used in it?

in JDC, is the Sony logo printed on the shatter proof protection or in the glass?

Last edited:

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
JDC 13W09
The Mobile Store, India, SIM Free, unlocked.

Dead cookies leave no trails...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    App for checking your display manufacturer

Big thanks to inventor of this simple method :)

To make things simpler, and avoid to mess around with error prone Terminal Emulator commands, here's attached a simple app I just developed for sorting out your panel manufacturer details :D

daz
    It would be interesting to see if Sony does indeed use two display manufacturers, so i'm making this thread so people can actually see this. I posted this in the "Clearing up.. blah" thread, but it'll be more effective having a stand alone thread for it.

Now, let's get down to business. You have to be rooted, install a terminal from the Play Store and type this into the terminal:

- su
    - dmesg|grep -i panel

Look for "Found panel: mipi_video_********_Full_HD_******"

Some report that a reboot helps if you aren't getting a proper result.

This far we've gotten these results (from the Clearing up.. blahh thread)

JDC panel: 1
    - Found panel: mipi_video_jdc_Full_HD_mdy70

Sharp panel: 2
    - Found panel: mipi_video_sharp_Full_HD_ls050t3sx01_id_dlogo

Update: You can use _daz_'s app instead so you don't have to use the terminal. Download the app here.
    Hello guys, the screen types compare post in Chinese is writen by me, orignal post is here: http://bbs.gfan.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5899499

This post is based on the existing information, main idea is:

1. SHARP LS050T3SX01 is a CG-Silicon panel with New Mode2 wide angle technology confirmed here: http://www.panelook.com/LS050T1SX01_SHARP_5.0_LCM_parameter_17692.html

This type of CGS New Mode2 panel also used in ZTE niubia Z5 and this bulk has a very good viewing angle according to the Chinese media reviews.

2. JDC which stands for Japan Display Central Inc, actually was just formerly know as Toshiba Mobile Display. TMD is good at LTPS but not good at wide angle technology, so many of TMD made panel is not wide angle, for example the Sony LT26i and ZTE Honor. But as we know almost all of Sharp's cell phone panel come with ASV, New Mode2 is a replacement to ASV, but Sharp didn't say much about it.

So my idea is Sharp LS050T3SX01 is a wide angle panel but JDC's not. Of course this is based on concluding, not sure if the according information is totally wrong.

PS: on the photo "暖" means “warm color”, "冷" means "cold color", “广角” means "wide angle" opposite to "非广角"

XZ-ABC.jpg

All right, so it's confirmed. No need to root anymore ;)
    Brief recap:

From Terminal emulator (or ADB shell) type:

Code:
    cd /sys/devices/platform/mipi_dsi_panel.0
    cat panel_id

If you get back "ls050t3sx01" you have a Sharp display.
    If you get "mdy70" you have JDC one.
    This excellent exercise has gained traction among Asian Xperia Z users and they have their conclusions:

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2201713306

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2200839451?pn=1

Google Translate is your friend.

According to them Sharp has the best panel. Let's see what we conclude here.