Developers list [expected/rumours/sure]

Search This thread

thunderising

Aug 20, 2012
Manipal
www.techenclave.com
^^ Well contact them!!

It's true. You can pre-book the Xperia Z. And the phone will be available via Sony Centers for 36k. Expect STREET PRICE = 34k

Xperia ZL will be available for 34-35k. Street Price of 32k.

Tha TechnoCrat

In India it is priced at 36k INR. I.e. 700$

Sent from my LT22i using xda premium

Indian people get a bad luck always when it comes to the price.
Too costly.

Sent from my Droid DNA powered by Senseless DNA

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

AndreiLux would be a gem to have. Best kernel developer I've come across.

Perseus

Don't forget gokhan moral
Siyah kernel. :thumbup:

Sent from my Droid DNA powered by Senseless DNA

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
Im seeing some familiar devs possibly getting the Xperia Z! Does this mean ill have to sell my note 2 now lol Knowing me ill most likely get the Xz anyway cause thats just how i am :p if it hits here in canada that is! For me it has to be the z not sure id settle for the non water resistant Zl :/

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

bazzanaja

Jul 2, 2009
It's great to see alot of developers who have the possibility of working with the Z.

I would like to ask though, since there were many developers on the Sony Xperia T forums, how was working with SOny phones like? Did CM operate flawlessly on the T?

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
It's great to see alot of developers who have the possibility of working with the Z.

I would like to ask though, since there were many developers on the Sony Xperia T forums, how was working with SOny phones like? Did CM operate flawlessly on the T?

Due to the T being released very late in the CM10 development cycle, CM10.0.0 stable on the T wasn't actually quite stable.

CM10 is now nearly perfect on the T, there's a little bit of work to be done, but unlike on my previous devices, instead of having a mountain of broken **** and no hope of ever fixing it all, the remaining issues in CM10 are fairly minor and nothing I feel can't be solved.

Seriously, one of my biggest remaining gripes with CM10 on the T is "scaling of anamorphic videos on HDMI is flawed". That's how nitpicky I'm getting (and am able to get...)

CM10.1 is taking a bit longer because a decision was made to do some pretty aggressive stuff that many CM maintainers would never think of doing on most other devices. However, after a while, it's starting to look like that approach was wrong and the CM10.1 guys are working on switching paths. Doing a major change of approach takes time, and yes, the device is currently behind due to the time spent on the original approach (which was to rebase T support onto the Mako kernel and use AOSP sources instead of CAF for as much as possible, but it's starting to look like CAF would've been a better choice) - but a lot has been learned and it's just a matter of time before 10.1 is as solid as 10 is.

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Due to the T being released very late in the CM10 development cycle, CM10.0.0 stable on the T wasn't actually quite stable.

CM10 is now nearly perfect on the T, there's a little bit of work to be done, but unlike on my previous devices, instead of having a mountain of broken **** and no hope of ever fixing it all, the remaining issues in CM10 are fairly minor and nothing I feel can't be solved.

Seriously, one of my biggest remaining gripes with CM10 on the T is "scaling of anamorphic videos on HDMI is flawed". That's how nitpicky I'm getting (and am able to get...)

CM10.1 is taking a bit longer because a decision was made to do some pretty aggressive stuff that many CM maintainers would never think of doing on most other devices. However, after a while, it's starting to look like that approach was wrong and the CM10.1 guys are working on switching paths. Doing a major change of approach takes time, and yes, the device is currently behind due to the time spent on the original approach (which was to rebase T support onto the Mako kernel and use AOSP sources instead of CAF for as much as possible, but it's starting to look like CAF would've been a better choice) - but a lot has been learned and it's just a matter of time before 10.1 is as solid as 10 is.

any time spent developing is time WELL spent :)

one gets to learn a LOT of things especially when these kinda things dont work out...

thanks for your time spent in developing for our awesome devices!

cheers!

babylonbwoy

Dec 30, 2011
Here & There...
Just read the 9 pages (a pleasure), I wasn't sure to buy it (got the XT 3 month ago) but now looking at the names expected to develop stuff for the Z, I feel like if I won't buy it I'll miss something big ! I rarely saw a device that make such unanimity !
I'm changing my mind but I'll wait a month or two to be sure that there are no manufacturing defects like yellow screen on S or waterproofing on the XS Tablet...

warfareonly

Dec 20, 2011
Mumbai
I'm probably painting a bullseye on my back by saying this but, I've wandered around the Xperia forums for a little bit and what I've seen is a bit....disheartening.I'm not sure how to say this, but the Note development section has more custom roms than that of the Xperia s and both are a year old now.
Only the nexus pasture seems greener than that of Samsung right now.My question is, will this device have enough support ? AOKP,AOSPA,PACman will be there?
Due to the sheer number users/developers of Samsung devices, roms get built quickly for Samsung devices.Case in point,AOSPA for the Note has already been updated to 3.0 while the Xperia T has still to be updated(no shot at imilka here).The galaxy S still has amazing developer support, even though its old.Will this phone see the same kind of developer support?

If anyone was offended by my question(s),I apologize.I had(and still have) no intention of offending anyone.
Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
I'm probably painting a bullseye on my back by saying this but, I've wandered around the Xperia forums for a little bit and what I've seen is a bit....disheartening.I'm not sure how to say this, but the Note development section has more custom roms than that of the Xperia s and both are a year old now.
Only the nexus pasture seems greener than that of Samsung right now.My question is, will this device have enough support ? AOKP,AOSPA,PACman will be there?
Due to the sheer number users/developers of Samsung devices, roms get built quickly for Samsung devices.Case in point,AOSPA for the Note has already been updated to 3.0 while the Xperia T has still to be updated(no shot at imilka here).The galaxy S still has amazing developer support, even though its old.Will this phone see the same kind of developer support?

If anyone was offended by my question(s),I apologize.I had(and still have) no intention of offending anyone.
Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

this is true... Xperia devices in general do not have a huge user community... the last device which i saw a large community was Xperia X10... most of the Xperia devices are bought by people who dont know much about modding or generally avoid modding...

but a LARGE user community does not mean that developer support is there... already the FreeXperia Team (CyanogenMod device maintainers for Xperia phones) have started work... other developers, including myself, are interested in this device... though the high price of the device is causing the confusion, especially for me since i already have Xperia S & Xperia T...

honestly if u want HUGE user community, lots of developer support u should probably be looking towards any of the Nexus devices... i do not want to dishearten anyone but dont want to give any false hope...

G

GuestK00328

I wouldn't call myself a dev, but I will make a stock-based ROM...

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Droidyou

Dec 9, 2010
I like it that it isn't as big as the htc phones. We dont need 100 stock roms with just one app more or less. A few stock roms is nice, but if you look at popular htc devices they have like 50 stockroms, all the same..

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Crap. Now i'll have to buy it.

I don't mind having a few devs and ROM's, but i do care about quality and persistency. As long as Cyanogenmod is in the picture and it's an easy device to work with, then i'm in. I have a Galaxy Note (N7000) now, and it's actually painful to watch Entropy deal with ****ty dev support and resources over at Samsung, and i would like to see him on the other side of the fence actually enjoying himself (eating ice cream and running around) instead of the constant "**** **** **** ****, Exynos ****ty **** sources **** **** Samsung". I hope he gets his hands on an unlocked device in the near future.

I want to live in a world where nothing is broken, god damnit!

tumblr_inline_mgfaphRzKl1rubros.gif

Reactions: Droidyou

androidindian

Nov 16, 2010
New Delhi
Crap. Now i'll have to buy it.

I don't mind having a few devs and ROM's, but i do care about quality and persistency. As long as Cyanogenmod is in the picture and it's an easy device to work with, then i'm in. I have a Galaxy Note (N7000) now, and it's actually painful to watch Entropy deal with ****ty dev support and resources over at Samsung, and i would like to see him on the other side of the fence actually enjoying himself (eating ice cream and running around) instead of the constant "**** **** **** ****, Exynos ****ty **** sources **** **** Samsung". I hope he gets his hands on an unlocked device in the near future.

I want to live in a world where nothing is broken, god damnit!

tumblr_inline_mgfaphRzKl1rubros.gif

great to see you here mate! :D

time to move from our beloved note.. haha! the downs and ups and downs and up it had..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AW: Developers list [expected/rumours/sure]

FXP team (and so the CM Xperia Team) will definelty support this devices, just to confirm and you can stop asking via PN ;)

Regards
    Hey all!
    I just bought a Z. So i will jump into the development too ;)
    I gotta say, I'm very impressed with the Z, it's gonna be fun digging into the kernel sources.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
    Considering? Cody n Entropy are definitely coming.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using XDA Premium app!
    Not definite... As I stated earlier in this thread, it depends on the whole North American availability situation. I hate greymarket imports.

If I may say something about donation drives, I'd like to say something. I'm not against it, but actually I don't really like the concept on the other hand. To be honest it's never quite fair to make a donation drive for only one or 2 developers.

Then some others would feel like they are less important for the community. The developers that really want the device will come eventually most of the time :)

Thanks

I really dislike donation drives. In the long run, it makes things worse off for users. Donation drive recipients are often people who hop devices frequently, and users rarely get their money's worth.

Donation drives make sense when:
    A device has been on the market for a few weeks and there has been a clearly identified roadblock that needs expert assistance. For example, a locked bootloader.
    A device has been on the market for a few months and no one has yet "stepped up".

It's far better to give someone who actually chose to purchase the device with their own money some time to get up to speed than to get a "quick fix" from someone who will probably drop the device after only a month or two, or will shovel something out and then rapidly drop support.
    I am not sure whether you guys know me, cause I work on 2010 Xperias (x10mini, pro and x8). I will develop for xperia z and zl, too :)

Sent from my E10i using Tapatalk 2