FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

{DISCUSSION}Xperia Z back glass coming unglued

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

Post Reply Email Thread
So I've had my Xperia Z for about 2 months now and it has endured water tests, and stress test (software wise). I'm completely satisfied with the results. However I was cleaning my phone with my microfiber cloth and noticed something odd when cleaning. As I look up at the top left of the device I see that there is a slight bulge or lift of the device I am wondering if this was after my long photography session I did with it as it heated up quite a bit and the Snapdragon S4 is around the same area. I'd like to know if anyone came across this lift / bulge and had any issues with it / got it back down because the uneven-ness bothers me mentally, I have still washed my phone however haven't fully submerged it since I've noticed bulge. I'll post some pictures on what I'm talking about, I figured someone here can help me out with this for I won't be close to a Sony Service Center to have a look at my device until July.
Click image for larger version

Name:	shot1.jpg
Views:	19787
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	2007899 Click image for larger version

Name:	shot2.jpg
Views:	17625
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	2007900

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6449.jpg
Views:	18462
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	2007901 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6448.jpg
Views:	17684
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	2007902

Survey: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=268

EDIT: Here are links requested by drsoran2 and rekoil on a survey on the Xperia Z backplate lift:

Link to survey form: http://goo.gl/FTzl34
Link to survey results: http://goo.gl/78iuEU
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dantistruct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dantistruct Ad-Free

1st June 2013, 12:18 AM |#2  
Flag Leiden
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Your backplate is definitely loose. If I were you, I wouldn't submerge it anymore because I think it isn't waterproof anymore. Looks like the glue melted while you were heavy using your Z and caused the backplate to lift. You should definitely bring your device in for repair or replacement.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cordonbleu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cordonbleu Ad-Free
1st June 2013, 12:37 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Try heat it up again at that point e.g. with an hairdryer and then press it for a time while it cools down again. Maybe it works.

Sent from my Xperia Z
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexpraga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alexpraga Ad-Free
1st June 2013, 01:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 368

More
Take it back.
If you try to repair it, and do more damage then your warranty is gone..

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xchasa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xchasa Ad-Free
1st June 2013, 03:04 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpraga

Try heat it up again at that point e.g. with an hairdryer and then press it for a time while it cools down again. Maybe it works.

Sent from my Xperia Z

I think that is a really bad idea.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to windozeanti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift windozeanti Ad-Free
1st June 2013, 03:55 AM |#6  

More
Yeah! I guess they're right. That's the problem of being an engineer...

Let the good guys at Sony do the repair.

P. S. In any case you can see what they will do at Sony herehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNrtamZuf7E.

Sent from my Xperia Z
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alexpraga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alexpraga Ad-Free
1st June 2013, 05:12 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Orlando

Donate to Me
More
Hmmm I guess I'll wait until I go back up to get it repaired hopefully they can just do this easy fix on site, I can do it myself but I still have warranty so I might as well let them do it I just hope they do it on site and give it back to me the same day or the day after... from what I'm thinking it just needs a reheat to activate the adhesive agent and placing back down on it.
1st June 2013, 05:28 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantistruct

Hmmm I guess I'll wait until I go back up to get it repaired hopefully they can just do this easy fix on site, I can do it myself but I still have warranty so I might as well let them do it I just hope they do it on site and give it back to me the same day or the day after... from what I'm thinking it just needs a reheat to activate the adhesive agent and placing back down on it.

Please, let us know how it went before closing the thread.

Sent from my Xperia Z
1st June 2013, 09:57 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I also have the same problem
1st June 2013, 12:14 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Orlando

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpraga

Please, let us know how it went before closing the thread.

Sent from my Xperia Z

I will, sigh I wish this country had a Sony support store I have to wait so long just to get it checked out. It's making me wonder if this is why they made the ZR... hmm.
The Following User Says Thank You to dantistruct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dantistruct Ad-Free
3rd June 2013, 12:03 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Is this something with the white Xperia Z? I have it as well, noticed it about 2 weeks ago.
I saw another person's thread about his white Xperia Z having a lift on the back top left of the phone as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
glass back, xperia z. bulge

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)