FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fixing Google play services battery drain

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By danrose13, Junior Member on 29th May 2014, 01:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok so my phone would die after around 5-6 hours of doing nothing, I found by going to device administrators and disabling "android device manager" and then going to settings > apps > all > Google play services. You are now able to force stop the app. After doing this I have now have no battery drain and this don't seem to cause any other issues

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danrose13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danrose13 Ad-Free

29th May 2014, 02:43 PM |#2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Huizhou
Thanks Meter: 2,089

Donate to Me
More
So the battery drain problem is on Google side instead of SONY?
29th May 2014, 02:49 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Wigan
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryhou85

So the battery drain problem is on Google side instead of SONY?

Former it was just Google play services that seemed to be doing some all the time, so unless it's just mine, it seems to be google

29th May 2014, 05:34 PM |#4  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 541

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrose13

Ok so my phone would die after around 5-6 hours of doing nothing, I found by going to device administrators and disabling "android device manager" and then going to settings > apps > all > Google play services. You are now able to force stop the app. After doing this I have now have no battery drain and this don't seem to cause any other issues

Wow , there was no need of a thread for this as its been discussed in every thread here ..

Anyways , turning off location worked for me after restarting the phone and charging 100% .. its working fine ..
29th May 2014, 07:49 PM |#5  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 19

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.KiLLeR

Wow , there was no need of a thread for this as its been discussed in every thread here ..

Anyways , turning off location worked for me after restarting the phone and charging 100% .. its working fine ..

I believe that you did not fully understand what the OP has stated in his first post. I think he might be on to something. I'm going to test it on my phone and (if I don't forget) I will report back. Turning off location for ADM would actually be a better solution for me than turning off location as a whole.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJFliX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DJFliX Ad-Free
29th May 2014, 07:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thumbs up
ok, and what I do at all is Setting > Locations > Google Location Reporting > TURN OFF Location reporting , TURN OFF Location history .

and the problem just fixed ..
29th May 2014, 08:06 PM |#7  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 19

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled.h

ok, and what I do at all is Setting > Locations > Google Location Reporting > TURN OFF Location reporting , TURN OFF Location history .

and the problem just fixed ..

Toggling 'Location reporting' also toggles location reporting to Google Device Manager I guess.
8th July 2014, 12:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
For me disabling google services helped
On xperia z disabling network and wifi location, location history, some other stuff and some google services increased the battery life significantly. See pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	battery.jpg
Views:	6929
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	2840044   Click image for larger version

Name:	battery1.jpg
Views:	7206
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	2840045  
8th July 2014, 01:45 PM |#9  
Flag Maribor
Thanks Meter: 215

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zivsteevs

On xperia z disabling network and wifi location, location history, some other stuff and some google services increased the battery life significantly. See pics.

Meh... You charged your phone four times in this 1d and 20h.
8th July 2014, 01:53 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
What for those of us that make a intensive use of the GPS????

I WANT AT LEAST THE SAME FUNCTIONALITIES AS IN 4.3
GOOGLE AND SONY FIX THIS -MOD EDIT-
The Following User Says Thank You to fernando823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fernando823 Ad-Free
8th July 2014, 03:05 PM |#11  
Flag Tainan,Taiwan
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrose13

i turn off the all in google settings, now my battery is better then before.
The Following User Says Thank You to r35471853 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift r35471853 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)