FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How install a custom rom on sony Xperia Z

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mobi_home, Junior Member on 26th December 2018, 05:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
Can you help me for the best solution for my xperia Z in this time (12/2018)
I have original firmware 10.7.A0.228 OS Android 5.1.1 (with king root active) but no TWRP installed. (boot recovery loocked)
I can't boot on a recovery boot for install a custom rom
Thanks you

27th December 2018, 03:42 AM |#2  
Flag Pekanbaru
Thanks Meter: 185

More
Dude, check your bootloader. If your bootloader is locked, then you have to unlock it. Don't forget to backup your TA Partition.
After unlocking bootloader, you can install the latest TWRP.
After installing TWRP, you can install any custom ROM you want.
------------------------------------------

The short explanation above is the way to install custom ROM with unlocked bootloader. If your device bootloader can't be unlocked, the only ROM you can install is the stock-based ROM like PureX Z Premium. And you need a different way to install recovery. One of it is the XZDual Recovery.

The rest, you have to find it yourself. Good luck.
28th December 2018, 08:19 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerikwan

Dude, check your bootloader. If your bootloader is locked, then you have to unlock it. Don't forget to backup your TA Partition.
After unlocking bootloader, you can install the latest TWRP.
After installing TWRP, you can install any custom ROM you want.
------------------------------------------

The short explanation above is the way to install custom ROM with unlocked bootloader. If your device bootloader can't be unlocked, the only ROM you can install is the stock-based ROM like PureX Z Premium. And you need a different way to install recovery. One of it is the XZDual Recovery.

The rest, you have to find it yourself. Good luck.

hi, thank you for your help

- i can't enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu the ussd loading but nothink do???? - it's a problem?

- What the best custom rom (with all work) do you approuved for me please (because i only found nighlies)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...ria-z-t3721749
28th December 2018, 09:47 AM |#4  
Flag Pekanbaru
Thanks Meter: 185

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobi_home

hi, thank you for your help

- i can't enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu the ussd loading but nothink do???? - it's a problem?

- What the best custom rom (with all work) do you approuved for me please (because i only found nighlies)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...ria-z-t3721749

What? The service menu may be missing.
You can try to hard reset your device, or make a clean install of the stock ROM (I know, it's a pain in the ass). If this method result nothing, then I dunno what to say, sorry. [Beware, this method could erase all of your data. Only proceed if you have nothing important].

Custom ROM with everything work? I think there is none. But I prefer LOS 14.1 over the 15.1.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)