FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Waiting for Xperia GX/Hayabusa?

YES, waiting for Xperia GX..

282 Vote(s)
53.21%
NO, happy with Xperia S..

248 Vote(s)
46.79%

[NEWS/INFO][SONY XPERIA ZU/HONAMI] Sony Xperia 2012 to 2014 Devices

3,331 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,460

By xperiax10.awesome, Senior Member on 7th May 2012, 06:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th August 2012, 06:51 PM |#1691  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,328

More
Sony, you can do better than this design... Hope next year's design are like the GX one. But I will only trade my phone around late next year, so I have time :P

7th August 2012, 07:20 PM |#1692  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
It looks a lot thicker than 9mm suggested by the leak a few weeks ago.
7th August 2012, 08:23 PM |#1693  
Flag Maribor
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachao

It looks a lot thicker than 9mm suggested by the leak a few weeks ago.

that was my impression too, unless those images don't do justice. Still, as much as I like sealed battery, rubberized back... somehow I like GX design better, like some of you said - more elegant.

I was wondering: if they introduce both devices (Mint and GX) at IFA, what would be their differentiation? Like, what would be competitive edge one over another..... Maybe we'll see just Mint....

Cheers,
Miki
7th August 2012, 08:43 PM |#1694  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miki_69

that was my impression too, unless those images don't do justice. Still, as much as I like sealed battery, rubberized back... somehow I like GX design better, like some of you said - more elegant.

I think it is just an illusion. The headphone socket width is 3.5mm, so by looking at the image of top of the phone it could well be 9mm thick.

Something what kind of bothers me is that teeeeeeny Sony logo on the top, squeezed between speaker opening and the display. It think it would look better if it were displaced to the right or left.
7th August 2012, 09:47 PM |#1695  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:

I was wondering: if they introduce both devices (Mint and GX) at IFA, what would be their differentiation? Like, what would be competitive edge one over another..... Maybe we'll see just Mint....

Cheers,
Miki

I have the bad feeling that Sony will just announce Mint at IFA, because of GX/Hayabusa not being meant for European markets.
7th August 2012, 09:57 PM |#1696  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I know that people tastes are different but I think Sony should do much better with design. Gx/hayabousa/mint is the least attractive design this year !

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk 2
8th August 2012, 09:42 AM |#1697  
Flag Maribor
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zymo

I have the bad feeling that Sony will just announce Mint at IFA, because of GX/Hayabusa not being meant for European markets.

We'll know in a few days, but I guess you were right all along. Maybe GX "international" version is meant for some other regions but Europe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by draugaz

Something what kind of bothers me is that teeeeeeny Sony logo on the top, squeezed between speaker opening and the display. It think it would look better if it were displaced to the right or left.

It does look crammed..

Cheers,
Miki
9th August 2012, 05:00 AM |#1698  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

We'll know in a few days, but I guess you were right all along. Maybe GX "international" version is meant for some other regions but Europe.

It does look crammed..

Cheers,
Miki

they should've replace XPERIA at the bottom with SONY and leave top clean. XPERIA is already there at the back with a green sphere.
9th August 2012, 12:35 PM |#1699  

More
Just a quick heads-up for those living in Japan: The GX is now officially available at NTT DoCoMo.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_...-news-4631.php
9th August 2012, 01:32 PM |#1700  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1,460

Donate to Me
More
Whats the price of Xperia GX in Japan?
In USD..

sent from seXperia S
9th August 2012, 03:54 PM |#1701  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiax10.awesome

Whats the price of Xperia GX in Japan?
In USD..

sent from seXperia S

If Google Translate isn't wrong then the off-contract price of GX in Japan (incl. taxes) is ¥ 75.390 = € 781,11 = $ 960,70

Quite hefty price!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)