FORUMS

[SOLVED] TA PARTITION and FLASHTOOL clarification required

162 posts
Thanks Meter: 52
 
By Alcatrazx, Senior Member on 22nd June 2013, 10:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
ok so I have a locked bootloader Xperia Z and was in the process of flashing an FTF from here. I have read that an unlocked bootloader would ruin the TA partition containing BA2 / DRM keys. I did not unlock the bootloader but when I flashed using flashtool I am not really sure if I ticked the Exclude (TA) from under the EXCLUDE. Does this mean that I erased the TA partition If anyone of you could be kind enough to tell me....

1. How do I know if BE2 is still working?
2. How do I know if I still have the DRM keys?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my noob question.
22nd June 2013, 10:37 PM |#2  
Apollo89's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,084
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcatrazx

ok so I have a locked bootloader Xperia Z and was in the process of flashing an FTF from here. I have read that an unlocked bootloader would ruin the TA partition containing BA2 / DRM keys. I did not unlock the bootloader but when I flashed using flashtool I am not really sure if I ticked the Exclude (TA) from under the EXCLUDE. Does this mean that I erased the TA partition If anyone of you could be kind enough to tell me....

1. How do I know if BA2 is still working?
2. How do I know if I still have the DRM keys?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my noob question.

Flashtool will never erase or overwrite the DRM keys and other important details in your TA partition, even if you don't tick 'TA' under 'Exclude'.

1. When switching BE2 on/off, you will clearly see the difference on pictures in your Album app.
2. Go to your service menu (dial *#*#7378423#*#*) > Service tests > Security. If your DRM keys are okay, both MARLIN and WMLA will show up as [Key OK]. If they are erased, they would show up as [Unknown Error].
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Apollo89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Apollo89 Ad-Free
22nd June 2013, 11:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo89

Flashtool will never erase or overwrite the DRM keys and other important details in your TA partition, even if you don't tick 'TA' under 'Exclude'.

1. When switching BE2 on/off, you will clearly see the difference on pictures in your Album app.
2. Go to your service menu (dial *#*#7378423#*#*) > Service tests > Security. If your DRM keys are okay, both MARLIN and WMLA will show up as [Key OK]. If they are erased, they would show up as [Unknown Error].

Perfect and straight to the point So no need to tick the exclude TA then ?

One last question is there some way of unlocking booloaders which are locked from carriers?
23rd June 2013, 10:12 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcatrazx

Perfect and straight to the point So no need to tick the exclude TA then ?

Correct!

Quote:

One last question is there some way of unlocking booloaders which are locked from carriers?

No, if you have a bootloader that is not allowed to be unlocked (by carrier), then there is no way to unlock your bootloader sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to campoki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift campoki Ad-Free
23rd June 2013, 08:27 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo89

Flashtool will never erase or overwrite the DRM keys and other important details in your TA partition, even if you don't tick 'TA' under 'Exclude'.

1. When switching BE2 on/off, you will clearly see the difference on pictures in your Album app.
2. Go to your service menu (dial *#*#7378423#*#*) > Service tests > Security. If your DRM keys are okay, both MARLIN and WMLA will show up as [Key OK]. If they are erased, they would show up as [Unknown Error].

Nice info

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes