FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STOCK ROM] Xperia Z (C6603) 10.4.1.B.0.101 Rooted init.d & Dual Recovery

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 41
 
By rjhellel, Member on 11th February 2014, 01:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th February 2014, 03:51 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
OK, i just figured out my mistake...
I did everything from scratch and everything works flawless now..so i can confirm it is working on a locked bootloader..
So for your interest if someone does the same mistake as i did, just when flashing the kernel .ftf don't exclude anything..that caused my issues i think

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhellel

What ROM were you previously on? Was it Odexed or Deodexed? And did you wipe data/cache/dalvik before flashing or did you dirty flash? Might work if you do a clean install.

I was on 4.3 odexed NCB stock, prerooted. I wiped only cache and dalvik before flashing. I messed up my system by trying another flashable rom that failed during flashing, and then i tried this method, zipped flashed fine, but i unchecked everything except kernel when flashing the .tft. Although i reflashed for 2nd time in a row the .tft, system still messed up. So i did everything from the beginning and now it works fine...
Glad i didn't had to wipe my data in the end...

Thanks for this rom/guide
The Following User Says Thank You to akisg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akisg Ad-Free
 
 
11th February 2014, 07:31 PM |#12  
blkcr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San José
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Silly question, I have unlocked the bootloader, I'm using a stock rom with stock kernel, what I need to know is if after I flash the kernel.tft I need to follow the NUT's thread to install the dual recovery? it is already rooted? I'll do it today as soon as I get home so I just need to know that!
11th February 2014, 07:49 PM |#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcr

Silly question, I have unlocked the bootloader, I'm using a stock rom with stock kernel, what I need to know is if after I flash the kernel.tft I need to follow the NUT's thread to install the dual recovery? it is already rooted? I'll do it today as soon as I get home so I just need to know that!

No, dualrecovery is integrated in this rom. Also, busybox and supersu fixes are also included, so you only need to flash the rom and the .ftf kernel file.
The Following User Says Thank You to akisg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akisg Ad-Free
11th February 2014, 08:50 PM |#14  
Junior Member
Flag Torino
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
error flashing kernel
i have wiped all ! installed rom and tried to flash kernel on flashtool ! i'm on UB! think is my flashtool out of date?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine.png
Views:	262
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	2573748  
11th February 2014, 09:06 PM |#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 116
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beiurh

i have wiped all ! installed rom and tried to flash kernel on flashtool ! i'm on UB! think is my flashtool out of date?

Always download and use the latest flashtool version Flashtool Homepage
Also make sure, that your firmware is in the correct folder inside flashtool directory.
12th February 2014, 12:09 AM |#16  
Haldi4803's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,559
 
More
Question! Step 4
Instead of flashing Kernel via Flashtool, wouldn't it be possible to use Doomlords v12 advanced stock kernel via Recovery?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50246675
12th February 2014, 12:44 AM |#17  
OP Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldi4803

Question! Step 4
Instead of flashing Kernel via Flashtool, wouldn't it be possible to use Doomlords v12 advanced stock kernel via Recovery?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50246675

Yes if you're on unlocked bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to rjhellel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rjhellel Ad-Free
12th February 2014, 11:46 AM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
how can we get boot.img from this rom? is it possible?
12th February 2014, 11:51 AM |#19  
OP Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00nl33n

how can we get boot.img from this rom? is it possible?

Check the link in the previous post by @Haldi4803:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by akisg

Always download and use the latest flashtool version Flashtool Homepage
Also make sure, that your firmware is in the correct folder inside flashtool directory.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
12th February 2014, 11:57 AM |#20  
OP Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Sorry copied wrong post, still getting the hang of the XDA app. Here is correct post by @Haldi4803:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldi4803

Question! Step 4
Instead of flashing Kernel via Flashtool, wouldn't it be possible to use Doomlords v12 advanced stock kernel via Recovery?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50246675


Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
13th February 2014, 01:29 PM |#21  
pixel81k's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
contra-productive update...
Hey

first thank you alot for your effort!

sadly - i dunno if its your package or the sony update itself - since i use this rom i have insanely battery usage (stamina & greenify activated - still 2-5% per hour battery loss)

also, bluetooth seems to be weaker than before and often looses connection to my headphones - only very short hickups - but annoying ones...

any hint? does anybody else experience the same or probably the contrary as sony proposed?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes