FORUMS

Xperia Z 4.4 Kitkat update

717 posts
Thanks Meter: 449

By iamkani, Senior Member on 7th February 2014, 05:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Sony Xperia Z should be updated to Android 4.4 KitKat by March - according to a Polish carrier

Sony’s Xperia Z received an official update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean in December, and it appears that it will make the jump to KitKat pretty soon as well.

According to Play - one of Poland’s major mobile carriers - its Sony Xperia Z should be updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat in late February, or March. If that turns out to be accurate, Xperia Z owners in other parts of the world should expect to get the new version of the OS at about the same time. The Xperia Z turned 1 year old last month, and a KitKat birthday present would be really nice.

Alongside the Xperia Z, other slightly older Sony Android devices that will likely be updated to Android 4.4 KitKat later this year are the Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, and the Xperia Tablet Z. Naturally, the newer Xperia Z1 and Z Ultra will also be updated, possibly starting the next few months.

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to iamkani For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamkani Ad-Free
7th February 2014, 07:47 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
holy sweet Jesus yes!!!
I hope it come sooner, but great news! Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to UnbredHalflingers For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift UnbredHalflingers Ad-Free
7th February 2014, 09:03 AM |#3  
Forum Moderator
Flag Huizhou
Thanks Meter: 2,441

Donate to Me
More
SONY is doing it right!
7th February 2014, 09:16 AM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 476

More
thats definitely good news!
seems about right as well
they said Z1 will get it early Feb
7th February 2014, 12:20 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3,982

More
Original source in Polish here for anyone that is interested.
If this is true, then the turn around between 4.3 and 4.4 is impressive. Sony are turning out to be the best experience of an OEM Android handset producer that I've personally had.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kingvortex Ad-Free
7th February 2014, 03:53 PM |#6  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Currently Reverse Engineering 42
Thanks Meter: 1,829

More
There's a good chance the 4.3 was late due to waiting for decent drivers from qualcomm, as 4.4 uses pretty much the same structure,
and QC have already released valid 4.4 drivers it shouldn't be too much work to bring up 4.4 on Sonys part.
7th February 2014, 09:02 PM |#7  
Flag I live on a Stone Hill.
Thanks Meter: 2,584

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

Original source in Polish here for anyone that is interested.
If this is true, then the turn around between 4.3 and 4.4 is impressive. Sony are turning out to be the best experience of an OEM Android handset producer that I've personally had.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

their software is constantly getting better and better.

If i just look back on the xperia neo days and the terrible ics update.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommy-Geenexus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tommy-Geenexus Ad-Free
8th February 2014, 04:25 AM |#8  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fards

There's a good chance the 4.3 was late due to waiting for decent drivers from qualcomm, as 4.4 uses pretty much the same structure,
and QC have already released valid 4.4 drivers it shouldn't be too much work to bring up 4.4 on Sonys part.

Mind you, their GB was flawless...when they started playing with ICS, that is when they dropped the ball...hope it doesn't happen again with kitkat.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
8th February 2014, 11:54 AM |#9  
Forum Moderator
Flag Huizhou
Thanks Meter: 2,441

Donate to Me
More
I hope there will be some "straight" root method for 4.4, now the downgrade&pre-root method is quite a pain...
The Following User Says Thank You to jerryhou85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerryhou85 Ad-Free
8th February 2014, 03:08 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryhou85

I hope there will be some "straight" root method for 4.4, now the downgrade&pre-root method is quite a pain...

Indeed, you could unlock bl though. Or develop a better method if you're unsatisfied with the current
9th February 2014, 10:17 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question A question
I have android 4.3! when kitkat received i can update 4.3 to 4.4 by update center of phone or i must flash my phone to 4.4?!
Reply me please
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)