13,194 posts
Thanks Meter: 39,783

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2013, 02:50 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 439

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yujin_11

whoa! hold on! you really mean the .253 is now rootable? HOW?

Either of these 2 methods:

[ROM] Stock 10.1.1.A.1.253 CWM/TWRP ZIP. (v3 Pre-rooted) LB/UB - xda-developers
[STOCK ROM] Update to 10.1.1.A.1.253 Generic [Rooted & XZDualRecovery][LB/UB] - xda-developers

23rd May 2013, 10:13 AM |#102  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 173

More
sorry for the noob question but i just bought the xperia z so i am kinda new here....i was wondering if there would be any issues if i installed a c6603 rom on a c6602? also i rooted my phone on .350 firmware....can i do the .434 update via ota or do i have to download the firmware from here? any help would be appreciated
23rd May 2013, 11:41 AM |#103  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 39,783

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linx1287

sorry for the noob question but i just bought the xperia z so i am kinda new here....i was wondering if there would be any issues if i installed a c6603 rom on a c6602? also i rooted my phone on .350 firmware....can i do the .434 update via ota or do i have to download the firmware from here? any help would be appreciated

no issues
The Following User Says Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
24th May 2013, 06:43 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yujin_11

whoa! hold on! you really mean the .253 is now rootable? HOW?

Sorry for the late reply, I am just returning from job travel..

I didn't flash either of the 2 methods posted by hush66 but I use some parts of them.

0 - My Xperia was at .434, rooted, and PC companion tell me that I have an upgrade
1 - I downloaded the update with PC companion without flashing my phone.
2 - I read some noobs guide and make an FTF file with Flashtools ==> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2188129
3 - I read another noobs guide and make an Zip file ==> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2183077
4- I added some files that was in the Wawyed .Zip for pre rooted and dual recovery ==> C6603_10.1.1.A.1.253_CE_v5.zip, for that I made a compare with TotalCmd between this .ZIP and the one I compiled with my firmware.
4 - Finally I use the same method described by Wawyed with my own rom, et voila.

I have no problems and all sony's applications run like a charm. thank to all who participated to my education

Yes, I use these methods but don't flash theirs FTF or .ZIP directly, as I explain above.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LedFanatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LedFanatic Ad-Free
25th May 2013, 09:25 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedFanatic

Sorry for the late reply, I am just returning from job travel..

I didn't flash either of the 2 methods posted by hush66 but I use some parts of them.

0 - My Xperia was at .434, rooted, and PC companion tell me that I have an upgrade
1 - I downloaded the update with PC companion without flashing my phone.
2 - I read some noobs guide and make an FTF file with Flashtools ==> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2188129
3 - I read another noobs guide and make an Zip file ==> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2183077
4- I added some files that was in the Wawyed .Zip for pre rooted and dual recovery ==> C6603_10.1.1.A.1.253_CE_v5.zip, for that I made a compare with TotalCmd between this .ZIP and the one I compiled with my firmware.
4 - Finally I use the same method described by Wawyed with my own rom, et voila.

I have no problems and all sony's applications run like a charm. thank to all who participated to my education

Yes, I use these methods but don't flash theirs FTF or .ZIP directly, as I explain above.

seems you know what you are doing now.. so yeah, its your time to talk..
The Following User Says Thank You to julianalexander For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift julianalexander Ad-Free
16th June 2013, 03:53 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
good thread for noobs like my self

but regarding the unlocking bootloader in the service menu it says no any way i can change to yes maybe re flash a new firmware or something?

no im using the BE .307 latest for xperia Z C6603
20th June 2013, 08:25 PM |#107  
Flag chios
Thanks Meter: 3

More
thanks
20th June 2013, 11:13 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks! Just wanting to know, if you do unlock your bootloader, and backup your TA, there is no real safe way to actually relock your bootloader right? Right now I've only rooted with a locked bootloader, as playing with your TA is risky they say.
22nd June 2013, 03:53 PM |#109  
Flag Almeria
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thanks! The post helped me a lot with my new phone.
24th June 2013, 07:22 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
???
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD

no issues

whats a good case for the device
28th June 2013, 01:36 PM |#111  
Flag Göteborg
Thanks Meter: 498

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD

Baseband version: [linked to firmware version]

(Crudely) this is a software interface which communicates with radio -> gsm/wcdma (2g/3g)/LTE, basically acts as a base for the main OS to ‘talk-to’ the hardware on the phone [I know this explanation isn’t precise even partly incorrect.. if someone can help me out I will update it]
This is similar to the "radio" image of the HTC devices.

You're almost right. Basically the baseband/radio-partition is the operating system that the main processor (Snapdragon S4 Pro) will boot on the modem co-processor (Gobi MDM9215M) to control communication. It mostly contains calibration data for the different radio frequencies and communication modes as well as software that abstracts this data into a common format for the Android operating system running on the main processor. Usually on Android (and most other) platforms there is a non-flashable bootloader for this co-processor which starts it up and waits for the baseband/radio-partition to be loaded into its memory.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rekoil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rekoil Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)