Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,668

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD

Method 2 - recovery

if you already have recovery working on your device then do the following

I do appreciate your work DooMLoRd.
Juste one question for the moment: what do u mean by "recovery working"? A custom recovery like CWM is required. We can't flash from stock recovery, right?

EDIT:
This is the same for custom rom.
But I know that for some kernel/device, you can flash kernel from stock recovery so...

7th March 2013, 02:20 PM |#22  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 39,783

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis_

I do appreciate your work DooMLoRd.
Juste one question for the moment: what do u mean by "recovery working"? A custom recovery like CWM is required. We can't flash from stock recovery, right?

right!

Quote:

But I know that for some kernel/device, you can flash kernel from stock recovery so...

unfortunately this is not possible on Sony devices as they dont have a proper stock android recovery
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
7th March 2013, 02:30 PM |#23  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,668

More
And about the flash of custom rom you don't talk about wipe data, requirements, unlocked bootloader, specific stock firmware like 10.1.A.1.350, etc.
Is it voluntary to only have the main instructions or u will add more details later?
7th March 2013, 02:33 PM |#24  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 39,783

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

And about the flash of custom rom you don't talk about wipe data, requirements, unlocked bootloader, specific stock firmware like 10.1.A.1.350, etc.
Is it voluntary to only have the main instructions or u will add more details later?

i was a bit lazy...

will add instructions soon...
:P

DONE!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
10th March 2013, 02:22 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi!

Thank you for your great work!

I received my Xperia Z (C6603) and I'm trying to root it by flashing the new recovery kernel. I've alreadey unlocked my bootloader sucessfully and when I check the version using fastboot I get 0.5.

But when I try to flash the kernel, it hangs saying "waiting for device".

Can anyone be kind enough to point me where the problem might be?

Thak you!
10th March 2013, 04:40 PM |#26  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Thanks , great as always Doomlord!
11th March 2013, 05:09 PM |#27  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Just got myself Xperia Z..Awesome is the only word..Thanks doomlord for your kernel, i have overclocked it ! But still on stock
13th March 2013, 06:49 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi,
Thanks for all hardwork. Sorry for the PM. I couldnt post it in
[ROOT] Xperia Z (C660x) for unlocked bootloaders ONLY! (RELEASED)
and i was not aware, I could do it here.

I have unlocked the bootloader and have verified the same from service menu. Then I flashed Advanced Stock Kernel.
solved:
Now I have following issues.
1. When ever I restart the phone, It will start as if its being started first time. i.e. it starts with setup. (choose lang, accounts etc...)
2. My total available space is show as 0.00B (settings/Storage/TotalSpace). I dont have an sd card now. The problem now is I cant copy SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip.

I did a factory reset, and all good. Will try installing SuperSU-1.25-Busybox-1.20.2-UPDATE.zip.
Can I copy it into phone memory and install it from there? (ofcourse using cwm)?

Please advise
13th March 2013, 08:45 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Just testing out Flashtool, to see if I can successfully flash back to stock as I'm considering CM10.1. I have used fastboot/flash modes on previous phones. On my Xperia Z, when asked to connect in flash mode, the green light flashes once (after flashing red once). Fastboot mode works (blue light stays on). Trying to flash the C6603 UK stock non branded FW.

Flashtool recognises the phone in flash mode, but then after "unpacking" the ftf, it eventually just gives "error" in red and says that my device is disconnected. I've downloaded the beta for Xperia Z, installed drivers and tried both flashtool.exe and flashtool64.exe. Any suggestions, guys?

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Forgot to add that I unlocked bootloader via Sony website using "official" method using code provided by them
15th March 2013, 03:31 PM |#30  
Flag Reading

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastase

Hi!

Thank you for your great work!

I received my Xperia Z (C6603) and I'm trying to root it by flashing the new recovery kernel. I've alreadey unlocked my bootloader sucessfully and when I check the version using fastboot I get 0.5.

But when I try to flash the kernel, it hangs saying "waiting for device".

Can anyone be kind enough to point me where the problem might be?

Thak you!

I'm having exactly the same problem with it hanging saying 'waiting for device' also.
17th March 2013, 05:09 AM |#31  
Flag di mana hatiku senang

More
Xperia Z are amazing
I have one and trying to mod the clock right now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)