FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xperia Z is such a legend

3,832 posts
Thanks Meter: 656

Post Reply Email Thread
As I'm owning an Xperia Z5, since a year and a half, I still find that the Z was the most popular and really well supported device, so many ROMs, kernels, mods, themes and just everything, even Sony supported it for a long period of time, but the biggest part was the people who spent hours to make the best for it, it's such a legend, made by Sony, and the people continued to make it better.
It's a bit sad that I am pretty disappointed with my Z5, it didn't make me happy like the Z, and from the development side? It's nothing compared to what the Z has gotten..

Thanks for reading and have a great day!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to androidfreak70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift androidfreak70 Ad-Free

6th September 2017, 05:26 AM |#2  
Flag Pekanbaru
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70

As I'm owning an Xperia Z5, since a year and a half, I still find that the Z was the most popular and really well supported device, so many ROMs, kernels, mods, themes and just everything, even Sony supported it for a long period of time, but the biggest part was the people who spent hours to make the best for it, it's such a legend, made by Sony, and the people continued to make it better.
It's a bit sad that I am pretty disappointed with my Z5, it didn't make me happy like the Z, and from the development side? It's nothing compared to what the Z has gotten..

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

I know, and I still using it for daily.
May I know details of every things that make you disappointed on your Z5? Because I have a plan to upgrade my device, either Z5c or the latest XZ1c.
7th September 2017, 05:27 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
here!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerikwan

I know, and I still using it for daily.
May I know details of every things that make you disappointed on your Z5? Because I have a plan to upgrade my device, either Z5c or the latest XZ1c.

The Z5 lacks a lot of development and support, if you don't care about that then it's not the only issue, the Snapdragon 810 literally sucks! A lot of heat (running at over 50°C all the time) and terrible performance for an octa core CPU, Especially in games, even some cheap Chinese phones performance better, however it's an improvement over the Z, just not that much of an improvement as I expected.
It's not the phone's fault, just the Snapdragon 810 chip, and it's not the only one.
However I highly recommend avoiding any device with a Snapdragon 810 CPU because of the heat, bad performance and battery draining (I barely get 3 hours of screen on time), and I also recommend getting the Xperia XZ Premium, it has a 4K screen and a bigger battery unlike the XZ1 line.

More about the Z5:

Screen: meh, it has a blueish tint that makes the whites aren't so white, the TFT screen on the Z was better except outdoors.

Camera: good but not great, especially indoors, pretty noisy, 4K recording isn't so wow and the 120fps slow motion is too dark and low quality IMO, But it does pretty well in good lighting conditions.

Speakers: not so good, but I was able to get them louder after installing a mod.

Software: the Android 7.1.1 is the last update that the device will probably get, the nougat was a failure on the Z5 and XZ though, so I'm still using marshmallow.

So it's a fine device at the end but if you can go for newer devices like the XZ Premium then you better do!
The Following User Says Thank You to androidfreak70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift androidfreak70 Ad-Free
7th September 2017, 10:14 AM |#4  
Flag Pekanbaru
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70

The Z5 lacks a lot of development and support, if you don't care about that then it's not the only issue, the Snapdragon 810 literally sucks! A lot of heat (running at over 50°C all the time) and terrible performance for an octa core CPU, Especially in games, even some cheap Chinese phones performance better, however it's an improvement over the Z, just not that much of an improvement as I expected.
It's not the phone's fault, just the Snapdragon 810 chip, and it's not the only one.
However I highly recommend avoiding any device with a Snapdragon 810 CPU because of the heat, bad performance and battery draining (I barely get 3 hours of screen on time), and I also recommend getting the Xperia XZ Premium, it has a 4K screen and a bigger battery unlike the XZ1 line.

More about the Z5:

Screen: meh, it has a blueish tint that makes the whites aren't so white, the TFT screen on the Z was better except outdoors.

Camera: good but not great, especially indoors, pretty noisy, 4K recording isn't so wow and the 120fps slow motion is too dark and low quality IMO, But it does pretty well in good lighting conditions.

Speakers: not so good, but I was able to get them louder after installing a mod.

Software: the Android 7.1.1 is the last update that the device will probably get, the nougat was a failure on the Z5 and XZ though, so I'm still using marshmallow.

So it's a fine device at the end but if you can go for newer devices like the XZ Premium then you better do!

I know about SD810 heating problem. It sucks, but till now, only Z5 family available in my country (so sad). XZ premium was great but I don't like a phone that has screen more than 5 inch. That's why I'm looking for XZ1c. 4K screen is not a big deal for me.

Thanks for sharing.
9th September 2017, 05:24 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
here!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerikwan

I know about SD810 heating problem. It sucks, but till now, only Z5 family available in my country (so sad). XZ premium was great but I don't like a phone that has screen more than 5 inch. That's why I'm looking for XZ1c. 4K screen is not a big deal for me.

Thanks for sharing.

I don't think the XZ1c would disappoint you either, it has nearly the same hardware as the XZP except for the screen and battery, and also, wait for them to come to your country, don't be in hurry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to androidfreak70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift androidfreak70 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)