Originally Posted by nightwing369
what's the best battery life then that you got out of the Sony Xperia Z (with and without the ''Battery STAMINA Mode'') ??Also, do you think they'll update it to Android 5.0 (Key Lime Pie) shortly after Google's release of that/reckon CyanogenMod 11 (Android 5.0) would work on the device??
Sent from my U20i using xda premium
I can't comment on the battery life because firstly I use an email intensive app which totally screws with the battery life of every phone and secondly I experiment a lot with the phone which hurts the battery life a lot. But it still lasts one full day so I'll say they've done a good job on this area. Forgot that the software also has some debugging features enabled with extra logging etc which definitely has an effect on the battery.
In general I have the following comments:
- Big screen but I love the design and the feeling on my hand. Being very slim also helps here.
- Lovely screen, high density surely helps with browsing
- Sound quality is very good, mic quality just fine, I just wish it had 2 speakers instead of one.
- Fast, smooth etc etc etc Full HD doesn't seem to slow down any functions.
- There is a quick settings bar on top with only some fixed quick settings: sound, bt, wifi, data and access to settings menu. You can't hide it.
- There are some Xperia integration features as before, eg facebook, myxperia. Timescape indeed missing, Socialcast is lighter but still buggy.
- Has MSC mode as an alternative to MTP
- The task list soft key also gives you access to small apps
- I don't like the Xperia launcher but I never did
Don't have any info if it will be upgraded to 5.0 but hardware wise should be able to handle it. Let's see android 5.0 first though