By batman_112, Senior Member on 6th October 2012, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th January 2013, 02:14 PM |#501  
Flag Leuven / Sint-Truiden
Thanks Meter: 920

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbil

Guys I can provide usage info etc but for the time being I can't provide a system dump. I'm sure you understand why.

Partially, but system dumps don't contain identifyable information.

11th January 2013, 02:17 PM |#502  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:

Guys I can provide usage info etc but for the time being I can't provide a system dump. I'm sure you understand why.

what's the best battery life then that you got out of the Sony Xperia Z (with and without the ''Battery STAMINA Mode'') ??Also, do you think they'll update it to Android 5.0 (Key Lime Pie) shortly after Google's release of that/reckon CyanogenMod 11 (Android 5.0) would work on the device??

Sent from my U20i using xda premium
11th January 2013, 02:26 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 3,487

More
Quote:

Upload the wallpaper won't hurt a bit right?...
11th January 2013, 02:35 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 512

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwing369

what's the best battery life then that you got out of the Sony Xperia Z (with and without the ''Battery STAMINA Mode'') ??Also, do you think they'll update it to Android 5.0 (Key Lime Pie) shortly after Google's release of that/reckon CyanogenMod 11 (Android 5.0) would work on the device??

Sent from my U20i using xda premium

I can't comment on the battery life because firstly I use an email intensive app which totally screws with the battery life of every phone and secondly I experiment a lot with the phone which hurts the battery life a lot. But it still lasts one full day so I'll say they've done a good job on this area. Forgot that the software also has some debugging features enabled with extra logging etc which definitely has an effect on the battery.

In general I have the following comments:
- Big screen but I love the design and the feeling on my hand. Being very slim also helps here.
- Lovely screen, high density surely helps with browsing
- Sound quality is very good, mic quality just fine, I just wish it had 2 speakers instead of one.
- Fast, smooth etc etc etc Full HD doesn't seem to slow down any functions.
- There is a quick settings bar on top with only some fixed quick settings: sound, bt, wifi, data and access to settings menu. You can't hide it.
- There are some Xperia integration features as before, eg facebook, myxperia. Timescape indeed missing, Socialcast is lighter but still buggy.
- Has MSC mode as an alternative to MTP
- The task list soft key also gives you access to small apps
- I don't like the Xperia launcher but I never did

Don't have any info if it will be upgraded to 5.0 but hardware wise should be able to handle it. Let's see android 5.0 first though
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gbil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gbil Ad-Free
11th January 2013, 03:13 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Thanks for that, appreciate it. Really looking forward to this and ZL. Biggest determining factor for me will be battery life. I work 26 hr shifts with little opportunity to charge and I use my phone a decent amount. Currently I have an SGS2 with a few extra batteries so I just swap em out if need be. But I won't be able to do that with this phone but anyways because of the developer community and how much Samsung screws us over, the ZL is looking quite appetizing.
11th January 2013, 03:33 PM |#506  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 5

More
@gbil a tiny question for you : does it support sdxc ? Have you tested ?
11th January 2013, 05:08 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 1,616

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doministry

Does this "social life" have a widget?
I really use Twitter on Timescape on my T.

Ya if you look at the video LitoNi posted you'll see the widget which is 4x4. Looks nicer than Timescape imo.

Sent from my LT15a using xda-developers app
11th January 2013, 05:08 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 512

More
Unfortunately I don't have such a card.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Need to extract it first, give me some hours.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gbil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gbil Ad-Free
11th January 2013, 05:13 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 1,616

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Unfortunately I don't have such a card.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Need to extract it first, give me some hours.

Do what you can without comprising anything. Even, like TK said, just a wallpaper is fine.

Sent from my LT15a using xda-developers app
11th January 2013, 05:54 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
When's the ZL due for release?

Not showing on the Sony site, but probably a more cost effective alternative for me!
11th January 2013, 06:23 PM |#511  
Flag Dhwbeb
Thanks Meter: 388

More
My XT is now on Amazon.
I want the Xperia Z sooo much!
If it sells I'll just have to use a crappy Samsung for a while...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)