By Hellscythe, Account currently disabled on 5th March 2013, 01:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th March 2013, 12:07 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzy1912

hmmmm,
still bugging me how the phone gets hot when not doing anything intensive..

i read about it in a topic before, search the form u might find it because ppl there might came up with a solution.
instead of posting randomly

5th March 2013, 12:43 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Re: List of all problems for Xperia Z
The only issues i've had is battery not being too great but thats expected and hopefully it improves or I might jump to the s4 when its out. The main issue is WiFi signal not being too strong, it keeps dropping for me

White Xperia Zzzz
5th March 2013, 01:13 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 223

More
You wait to see the issues on the one once it's gets into peoples hands.
Early adoption has its problems. Hopefully a fix for these problems isn't too far away.
My only issue is that all of a sudden my Z stated getting some very low antutu scores. Used to get 20000 plus regularly but now struggling to get above 15000. Also Sony need to introduce an overview mode again. Flipping between screens can be a pain sometimes. Wonder why they removed it totally. I can understand getting rid of the silly floating widgets but no overview mode in android, ridiculous!!!

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
5th March 2013, 01:20 PM |#24  
Flag Zürich
Thanks Meter: 838

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzy1912

still bugging me how the phone gets hot when not doing anything intensive..

You're not, the phone might be. You have it brand new I see, things which take place during the first couple hours and up to first couple days:
  1. All apps are getting "optimized"
  2. dalvik cache is being built, data cache is being build etc
  3. Whole device is being indexed
  4. the more files you bring over from your earlier device the longer this takes and the higher the chances are the scanner will eventually hang/crash/fail
  5. high-res pictures' exif data is being read
  6. audio files are being indexed
  7. video clips and files are being indexed and thumbnails created

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamville

The main issue is WiFi signal not being too strong, it keeps dropping for me

Coming from a Galaxy Note, I noticed this with my T at first and now with the Z. WIFI reception is somewhat weaker on the Sony devices than it was on my Galaxy Note.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac100

My only issue is that all of a sudden my Z stated getting some very low antutu scores. Used to get 20000 plus regularly but now struggling to get above 15000.

Probably a) background activity eating cpu cycles away or b) power saving app limiting the accessible processing power. Or - dunno if the Z also has it or if it is only on the T - thermal throttling. On the Xperia T, to prevent device damage, the Snapdragon powers down until a lower temperature level is reached. If you do several benchmarks in a row this might step in.
Not to piss you off and it's rather a rhetorical question, but uuuhm... I wonder what the point is of running benchmarks over and over again
The Following User Says Thank You to schaggo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schaggo Ad-Free
5th March 2013, 01:21 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 4,418

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaggo

Coming from a Galaxy Note, I noticed this with my T at first and now with the Z. WIFI reception is somewhat weaker on the Sony devices than it was on my Galaxy Note.

Same here wifi signal is weak,drop too much,hope a firmware update will fix it.

Sent from my C6602 using xda premium
5th March 2013, 01:26 PM |#26  
Flag Zürich

Donate to Me
More
Probably not, no. Sony's seem to really have a lower rated wireless connectivity.
I mean it's perfectly fine at home, it's fast an all, just here at my office where the spot I hang in is rather badly covered, my Note just could hold up the connection where the Z fails.

I don't really care because I mainly work at my office anyway
5th March 2013, 02:18 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
My XZ (bought in HK) phone directory cannot search contacts properly. Installed third party phone book but contact serching has no problem.
5th March 2013, 02:36 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaggo

Probably not, no. Sony's seem to really have a lower rated wireless connectivity.
I mean it's perfectly fine at home, it's fast an all, just here at my office where the spot I hang in is rather badly covered, my Note just could hold up the connection where the Z fails.

I don't really care because I mainly work at my office anyway

You're right my brothers note 2 has excellent WiFi signal, i'm just getting 1 bar but he's getting atleast 2 bars with no dropouts plus I just checked his battery stats and its been on for 1day 18hours with 5hours on screen time and still 40% battery which is amazing

White Xperia Zzzz
5th March 2013, 04:10 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamville

You're right my brothers note 2 has excellent WiFi signal, i'm just getting 1 bar but he's getting atleast 2 bars with no dropouts plus I just checked his battery stats and its been on for 1day 18hours with 5hours on screen time and still 40% battery which is amazing

White Xperia Zzzz

That's due to the AMOLED screen, as it don't have a backlight to drain battery.
Unlike the other makers

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app
5th March 2013, 04:11 PM |#30  
Flag Zürich

Donate to Me
More
Well the Note 2 does have excellent battery life, that's well established. And I don't know how Samsung pulls that stunt off but they do
But still, I had the original Note and have access to a Galaxy S3 which is technically identical to the Note 2 and seriously, I prefer both my Xperia T and now the Xperia Z to them, with the faults and niggles both expose. Overall the current Sony's fit my bill much better than the current Samsung's.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by abd_alazeez2002

That's due to the AMOLED screen, as it don't have a backlight to drain battery.

AMOLED consumes considerably MORE power than a traditional TFT panel. Hence I say, I don't know how they do it, but they seem to successfully do it...
5th March 2013, 04:23 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
The note 2 has a much bigger battery than most phones, no magic just more space to put more battery.

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
list, problems, sony, xperia

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)