xperia z speaker gone to very low

Search This thread

elroy944

Oct 8, 2007
hello, just washed my xperia z under running water and after that the speakers gone very low... anyone else got the same problem?

elroy944

Oct 8, 2007
Well, after more than a half hour my volume got back.... so people who get this same problem, i think it has to do with some protection. The speaker have to be dry to get the normal volume back

Last edited:

MrL1

Nov 25, 2011
30m to an 1hour and the loudspeaker will be fine, the same thing happened my Xperia Z . Its a protection " Thing "

jonmorris

Apr 22, 2012
Hatfield, UK
www.jmcomms.com
I expect this question to appear on forums everywhere as more people get this phone and try it out in water.

I must be too old and remember when everyone had a waterproof radio for the shower (as they were advertised everywhere as the perfect gadget gift idea).. Which was fine until water got on the speaker and it got all muffled. Same thing with the XZ! And perhaps why we don't all have radios in the shower anymore! :)

arcadebod

Feb 6, 2013
I expect this question to appear on forums everywhere as more people get this phone and try it out in water.

I must be too old and remember when everyone had a waterproof radio for the shower (as they were advertised everywhere as the perfect gadget gift idea).. Which was fine until water got on the speaker and it got all muffled. Same thing with the XZ! And perhaps why we don't all have radios in the shower anymore! :)

Whoops Ive called up three to exchange my Xperia Z as I thought it had developed a volume fault.

I also peeled of the screen protector as the operator had asked are you sure the screen protector plastic is still attached ?

Doooh

Now the question is to fit or not fit the new supplied screen protectors that came with in the box ??

The screen looks so much sharper and clearer without it.

DeadlyDazza

Jul 3, 2010
Whoops Ive called up three to exchange my Xperia Z as I thought it had developed a volume fault.

I also peeled of the screen protector as the operator had asked are you sure the screen protector plastic is still attached ?

Doooh

Now the question is to fit or not fit the new supplied screen protectors that came with in the box ??

The screen looks so much sharper and clearer without it.

Please do not breed.

demonizator

Jan 27, 2008
Burgas
It just happened to me. You know what I did? Placed the Z's speaker against my notebook's fan, like 10 cm away. In less than 10 mins I received a notification and the volume was high again! So I guess blowing it with hot air does the trick..

:D

sucker for sony's

Jan 2, 2012
Sittingbourne
I have just ordered myself a c6603 model (UK) and was worried because my bro said that the z has speaker probs but now I have read this thread I am not worried anymore. It does make sense to lower the speaker volume when in water because if you think about it, when the speaker is on it vibrates causing pressure variation so in theory it could suck in water through the protective mesh at full volume. But my acro s doesn't lower the volume when under water or wet and its OK, strange how the z seems to need a little extra protection from water but then again it is an expensive device I suppose.

Sent from my LT26w using xda premium

paulinodf

Mar 3, 2012
Guys, does it interfere the headset sound?
I mean, when my Z gets in the water, for about 1 hour I have both the loudspeaker and the earphones working with a very low volume...