FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] XZ with BT MW1 + powerAmp title problem

124 posts
Thanks Meter: 37

By Trehjulingsleffe, Senior Member on 11th July 2013, 10:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello xda!

I've had Xperia Z and Bluetooth MW1 a couple of months and it only shows "unknown - unknown" in the handsfree display even if title streaming is enabled in PowerAmp.

When i flashed it to CM10.1 it worked fine. But then I flashed to stock, and "unknown - unknown" appears again.

i decided to try ROMAUR, witch is based on a stock firmware and the same problem still exists.

Title streaming works with the original Walkman app. But even if I inactivate it or force a uninstall, it doesnt allow PowerAmp to stream any titles to Sony Smart Wireless Headset Pro (MW1).

Does anyone have any ideas why?

Best regards Trehjulingsleffe.
Sorry for my bad english -

12th July 2013, 03:01 AM |#2  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trehjulingsleffe

Hello xda!

I've had Xperia Z and Bluetooth MW1 a couple of months and it only shows "unknown - unknown" in the handsfree display even if title streaming is enabled in PowerAmp.

When i flashed it to CM10.1 it worked fine. But then I flashed to stock, and "unknown - unknown" appears again.

i decided to try ROMAUR, witch is based on a stock firmware and the same problem still exists.

Title streaming works with the original Walkman app. But even if I inactivate it or force a uninstall, it doesnt allow PowerAmp to stream any titles to Sony Smart Wireless Headset Pro (MW1).

Does anyone have any ideas why?

Best regards Trehjulingsleffe.
Sorry for my bad english -

yeah, my MW600 also have this problem, i've tried many ways
12th July 2013, 06:33 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yes. I have the same problem.

Is there any way to fix this issue on a rooted devise?
f.e. to change the bt files?

send from my Xperia™-Tablet Z using xda premium
12th July 2013, 11:10 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Applicable for MW1
makes sure you have "smart connect" installed in the first place

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mxpdmV3YXJlIl0.

once you pair it then

Did you install this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...WFkc2V0cHJvIl0.

other way it will not work
12th July 2013, 11:24 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoplo

makes sure you have "smart connect" installed in the first place

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mxpdmV3YXJlIl0.

once you pair it then

Did you install this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...WFkc2V0cHJvIl0.

other way it will not work

Yes. I've installed both apps above. Otherwise it wont work with walkman player either.
My old Xperia Arc can send Spotify and PowerAmp titles to MW1, but not Xperia Z. I guess it has something to do with Walkman. But i don't want to use Walkman when i bought PowerAmp witch is better by far.
12th July 2013, 11:37 AM |#6  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 343

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trehjulingsleffe

Yes. I've installed both apps above. Otherwise it wont work with walkman player either.
My old Xperia Arc can send Spotify and PowerAmp titles to MW1, but not Xperia Z. I guess it has something to do with Walkman. But i don't want to use Walkman when i bought PowerAmp witch is better by far.

Without installing anything it works fine with Walkman, but it doesn't work with PowerAmp. I emailed the development and no sound from them.
12th July 2013, 12:03 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSquare

Without installing anything it works fine with Walkman, but it doesn't work with PowerAmp. I emailed the development and no sound from them.

1)Well as long as I am aware poweramp does have not build in - avcrp 1.3. So that could be an issue
2)Sony makes a custom sound driver for the MW1. that is way the smart connect is build in.
3) by installing a cynonomod os you installing a standard drivers which have avcrp 1.3 build in standard version (without sony modification )
12th July 2013, 05:49 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoplo

1)Well as long as I am aware poweramp does have not build in - avcrp 1.3. So that could be an issue
2)Sony makes a custom sound driver for the MW1. that is way the smart connect is build in.
3) by installing a cynonomod os you installing a standard drivers which have avcrp 1.3 build in standard version (without sony modification )

Hmm, you may be right on all three points. But isn't it possible to flash something in CWM or TWRP to override the Sony crappy thing? I'm not so good at how it works, and even worse to self make a zip file which could fix this problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)