What do you think of Z's design language ? : Testimonials Please !

Search This thread

nikufellow

May 14, 2012
simcity
Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that Z looks uber cool ;)
Am not talking about the ip57 certification , i care less of it as i don't plan on throwing my phone into water or dust :p but those rounded edges (not that this is the first device ever to have rounded edges) combined with a never before seen symmetry and thinnes makes it look so slick . The reflective surfaces add to the glory in my view . Crafted to near perfection i must say .
Do you guys feel the same way ? I only hope more products with similar design guidelines get inducted into sony's future line ups (maybe even the handheld ps line up) .

ps : forgot to mention the glass fibre polyamide (?) body - on paper it reads glory gotta get a hands on to feel what its true worth is ;)

testimonials :
so yes, this phone is sexy as s**t.

Only thing is the volume rocker is too low.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Interesting indeed, Sony is the mother of design innovation for all products! Hail sony

power button doesnt sit well with the overall design statement of the phone. Neither does it offer a pleasant contrast

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2013
the power button is a bold move that I think pays off completely as a design statement.
the understated skeletal frame and featureless glass paneling only enhances the contrast between the body and the power button.

so yes, this phone is sexy as s**t.

xiaoxi.meng

Jan 25, 2013
beijing
emphasise material

i think it emphasized on the material, the phone feels not that plastic any more...

in simple, it is closer to iphone, compare with 2012 xperia phones...

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Re: What do you think of Z's design language ?

The phone looks amazing, I love the power button, looks premium and slick with the lower logo on it. Only thing is the volume rocker is too low.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

DeathlessOne

May 2, 2011
US
Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that Z looks uber cool ;)
Am not talking about the ip57 certification , i care less of it as i don't plan on throwing my phone into water or dust :p but those rounded edges (not that this is the first device ever to have rounded edges) combined with a never before seen symmetry and thinnes makes it look so slick . The reflective surfaces add to the glory in my view . Crafted to near perfection i must say .
Do you guys feel the same way ? I only hope more products with similar design guidelines get inducted into sony's future line ups (maybe even the handheld ps line up) .

ps : forgot to mention the glass fibre polyamide (?) body - on paper it reads glory gotta get a hands on to feel what its true worth is ;)

testimonials :
There is a speculation around the web that the iPhone 4 design was copied from Sony, as argued by Samsung and even released pictures of the same when both Apple ans San started the lawsuit last year! Interesting indeed, Sony is the mother of design innovation for all products! Hail Sony

nikufellow

May 14, 2012
simcity
Re: What do you think of Z's design language ?

There is a speculation around the web that the iPhone 4 design was copied from Sony, as argued by Samsung and even released pictures of the same when both Apple ans San started the lawsuit last year! Interesting indeed, Sony is the mother of design innovation for all products! Hail Sony

Point well made ;)

anirudh412

May 29, 2009
New Delhi

I guess its just me then, who thinks that the power button doesnt sit well with the overall design statement of the phone. Neither does it offer a pleasant contrast :(

nikufellow

May 14, 2012
simcity
I guess its just me then, who thinks that the power button doesnt sit well with the overall design statement of the phone. Neither does it offer a pleasant contrast :(

Well in pics the contrast do seem to be affected somewhat but gotta see it live before ma naked eyes to comment more :eek:

Top Liked Posts