[KERNEL][Z][6.0.1][CM/AOSP] Airless Kernel

Search This thread

riyoua

Nov 11, 2017
hidg0 support ?

does this kernel or any other kernel for xpeira z yuga c6602 could add /dev/hidg0 and /dev/hidg1 ?
i couldn't find any kernel for Xperia Z with this compatibility .. any one could help ?
i have the phone and i can test and make an effort .. if any one have few knowledge about building a kernel or customize it maybe we can do something about it . . .

TwinkieMurf

Oct 2, 2014
Realme C12
hello?
hello?
Is it possible to use this with the latest build of RR(oreo)?
Really need a kernel to improve my battery life, and I think this one will help.

edit: ignore the question above. @airlessproject, can you somehow port this kernel to RR oreo? or can somebody continue the deed? lol, am i asking too much?yahh, i really wanna try this kernel out for oreo.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

The idea for creating this kernel came up around a year ago, during early LP custom ROM builds. I thought it would be a nice idea to fork the most advanced kernel at the time, EvoMix, developed by our renowned Olivier, Joe (SuperHanns) and Alex, and add to it the latest upstream 3.4 patches as well as mix its features with another good kernel, KMA.
    After that experiment turned out not so bad, me and fellow xda user BrateloSlava got an idea to continue developing that mixed kernel with our own cherry-picks from the best kernels available for various devices, and use it in my builds of RR and later GZR Tesla ROM.

Now, one year later, I continued the development that BrateloSlava did on the kernel for the last months for my Tesla and Validus ROMs, and I thought it would be a nice idea to extend this kernel's availability to the users of all custom ROMs around at the moment.

So, here is Airless Kernel for Xperia Z, compatible with all CM/AOSP based Marshmallow ROMs.

Features:
    CPU
    - Governors: ondemand, interactive, performance, intellimm, yankactive, yankdemand, zzmoove, barry_allen
    - Multicore Power Saving - tries to group tasks into the least cores possible
    - Schedule workqueues on awake CPUs
    - CPU Frequency underclock (192 MHz) and overclock (1.7 GHz) capability
    - Voltage regulation

Thermal management
    - Simplified and efficient thermal driver
    - Flexible ramp threshold temperature

GPU
    - Governors: simple, ondemand, performance
    - 27 MHz idle frequency for ideal power saving
    - Overclocked to 487 MHz

Sound
    - Faux Sound Control allowing amplified speaker, headphones and microphones volume

Misc
    - RGB subtractive color control
    - I/O Schedulers: sioplus, bfq, fiops, zen, row, deadline, noop
    - Dynamic FSYNC
    - Kernel Samepage Merging
    - ARM Auto Hotplug (mpdecision replacement) - no tunables
    - Gentle Fair Sleepers
    - PM: Power Suspend as a replacement to Early Suspend
    - TCP congestion protocols: westwood, highspeed, cubic, reno
    - Disabling of some well known wakelocks (e.g. msm_hsic_host)
    - Double Tap to Wake
    - Fast Charge
    - Vibration Strength control

- Compiled with latest UBER 5.x GCC toolchain
    - Latest upstream patches: 3.4.112
    - Many build flag optimizations (graphite, Ofast)

Download

Latest version (20160901)

Installation:

- Make sure you're running a CM or AOSP-based Marshmallow ROM (Resurrection Remix, AOKP, etc..)
    - Flash the zip in TWRP 3.0 (tested, recommended) or other compatible recovery
    - Reboot

Source code

Github link

Bug reporting rules

Only use the DevDB bug report tool for reporting bugs, provide proper logs and state the ROM, its XDA thread and version you're using. All other reports will be ignored!!

You assume all responsibility for anything that may happen
    and I cannot and will not be held responsible
    for anything that may happen to your device as a result of flashing a kernel.

*FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK*

XDA:DevDB Information
    Airless Kernel, Kernel for the Sony Xperia Z

Contributors
    airlessproject, BrateloSlava
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-09-01

Created 2016-05-09
    Last Updated 2016-09-01
    new build 20160524

- updated MAC address restore method due to change in CM trees
    - misc. patches

---> Download <---
    Tunables for reducing minimal brightness:

Code:
    ### Reduce backlight brightness
    ## to revert to default - enter 0

echo "8" > /sys/module/leds_lm3533_ng/parameters/lm3533_bl_reduction;

## values of brightness, lower than lm3533_bl_brightness_min, are being decreased by lm3533_bl_reduction

echo "30" > /sys/module/leds_lm3533_ng/parameters/lm3533_bl_brightness_min;
    Important: disable mpdecision in Kernel Adiutor. This kernel has its own hotplugging driver.
    new build 20160727

- misc. changes, mostly related to memory management

---> Download <---

for those who don't know, please don't flash this kernel on my ROM builds (Tesla, Validus, Dirty Unicorns) as Wi-Fi won't work.
    this kernel update will be in next version of all those ROMs.