FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP/RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.3.0 for lockled bootloaders installer

960 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,355
 
By Cpasjuste, Senior Member on 14th March 2013, 11:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th April 2013, 11:18 PM |#101  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta768

I have a C6603 with .434. I installed the apk from OP. I installed TWRP. I rebooted to recovery. I pressed Install. Now I am frozen, screen is blank, LED is purple, and I cant get it to reboot....... arg..

Mine ran perfectly until this evening then facing the same problem. However, I found a trick. Once you are in TWRP, eject the memory card then hit Install and push it back in again. Works for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to jukbee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jukbee Ad-Free
16th April 2013, 11:06 AM |#102  
Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukbee

Mine ran perfectly until this evening then facing the same problem. However, I found a trick. Once you are in TWRP, eject the memory card then hit Install and push it back in again. Works for me.

This did not work for me.
16th April 2013, 07:10 PM |#103  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyMonkey

This did not work for me.

How about ejecting the memory card before booting up into TWRP? Once in TWRP, hit Install then push it back in.
16th April 2013, 07:14 PM |#104  
Cookie Ninja's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 701
 
More
Worked for me, though....
Stuck first time, unplugged card, 're-inserted, pwr+vol up reboot, second time install works!

Dead cookies leave no trails...
17th April 2013, 09:39 AM |#105  
Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukbee

How about ejecting the memory card before booting up into TWRP? Once in TWRP, hit Install then push it back in.

Removed SD Card, Reboot phone to recovery, tap install, freeze
Removed SD Card, Turn off phone, Recovery, tap install, freeze
Remove SD Card, Reboot Recovery, Insert SD card, tap install, freeze

I have tried all these multiple times hoping it only works some times but it never does. Going to install CWM tonight and see if it works.
17th April 2013, 10:10 AM |#106  
Senior Member
Flag Zurich, Switzerland
Thanks Meter: 41
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste

Hi !

Here's an application to install and uninstall TWRP 2.4.3.0 recovery on locked bootloaders Xperia Z. It's stable on my Xperia Z, but i highly suspect some partition (system) problems with Xperia ZL phones.

Hey Cpasjuste, is it possible for you to implement the new TWRP 2.5.0.0 for locked bootloaders?
I read it's updated to fit the FullHD screen better.

If not, doesn't matter, I'm very thankful of your work
17th April 2013, 01:14 PM |#107  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste

Hi !

Here's an application to install and uninstall TWRP 2.4.3.0 recovery on locked bootloaders Xperia Z. It's stable on my Xperia Z, but i highly suspect some partition (system) problems with Xperia ZL phones.


This application will install TWRP recovery ramdisk to system as "recovery.tar", but you can provide your own recovery (ramdisk) by placing it to "/sdcard/XZRecovery.tar". This way this application could be compatible with other recovery or devices.

TWRP recovery ported to Xperia Z by krabappel2548 !
If you don't know which file to use, download XZRecovery-1.0.apk, install it and run it.
The recovery will get lost each time you flash a rom or wipe system partition.

  • XZRecovery.apk
    • Install, uninstall and reboot to recovery from your Android device
  • twrp-2.4.3.0-xz-locked.zip
    • Install recovery from windows (ADB)
  • twrp-2.4.3.0-xz-locked-recovery.zip
    • Install recovery from recovery


how can i install the recovery from windows (ADB) or from recovery???
sorry . new user
18th April 2013, 09:59 AM |#108  
Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyMonkey

Removed SD Card, Reboot phone to recovery, tap install, freeze
Removed SD Card, Turn off phone, Recovery, tap install, freeze
Remove SD Card, Reboot Recovery, Insert SD card, tap install, freeze

I have tried all these multiple times hoping it only works some times but it never does. Going to install CWM tonight and see if it works.

Okay removed TWRP recovery last night and installed CWM. Everything works perfectly now.
18th April 2013, 09:26 PM |#109  
ZeroInfinity's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton & Hove
Thanks Meter: 74,131
 
Donate to Me
More
I have identified the problem with TWRP freezing when pressing on install and it has something to do with the cache partition.

Once you wipe it, TWRP will get this issue, maybe not straight away but a few times and the problem will occur. The only way to get it working again is to reinstall stock firmware (without excluding anything, full wipe with stock firmware).

Next time you flash something, don't touch cache since it may screw up TWRP again. If you need to wipe the cache and dalvik, just choose dalvik cache
19th April 2013, 07:03 AM |#110  
Cookie Ninja's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 701
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroInfinity

I have identified the problem with TWRP freezing when pressing on install and it has something to do with the cache partition.

Once you wipe it, TWRP will get this issue, maybe not straight away but a few times and the problem will occur. The only way to get it working again is to reinstall stock firmware (without excluding anything, full wipe with stock firmware).

Next time you flash something, don't touch cache since it may screw up TWRP again. If you need to wipe the cache and dalvik, just choose dalvik cache

Thanks ZeroInfinity. ClearXaudio works even at recovery levels! Thx for the heads up.

Dead cookies leave no trails...
19th April 2013, 10:13 AM |#111  
krabappel2548's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Lommel
Thanks Meter: 16,265
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSN

Hey Cpasjuste, is it possible for you to implement the new TWRP 2.5.0.0 for locked bootloaders?
I read it's updated to fit the FullHD screen better.

If not, doesn't matter, I'm very thankful of your work

I have TWRP 2.5.0.0 ready and I'm waiting for cpasjuste to give me is app sources, I'm going to continue this for him here probably
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to krabappel2548 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes